Pre-Brawl Melee battles

LiquidD said:
something dumb... not that great. go to youtube or something and type in wavedashing.

i want to know who deleted my stuff!!
First off, it is not dumb. It is a very important technique that is necessary if you ever wished to play Melee on a competitive level. I dare anyone to even find a video of a tournament match in which no one wavedashes.
Second, there are many more advanced techniques than wavedashing. It is an extremely simple technique that pros do not even consider advanced whatsoever. The fact that I hear people complaining about it like it is so big, really gives insight as to how little they know about the game.

If you have a question regarding deleted posts, you may kindly PM a staff member.

Prez, I wouldn't know who to PM...

Anyways, you don't need to use wavedashing to win. If the "pros" use them, then they're all the same and are easier to beat.

LiquidD said:
Prez, I wouldn't know who to PM...

Anyways, you don't need to use wavedashing to win. If the "pros" use them, then they're all the same and are easier to beat.
Anyone with a green mushroom is a mod, a blue mushroom a supermod, and i0n is the Admin.
And no, the pros are not easy to beat. That is why they are the pros. You do not need wavedashing to win, no. But that is obviously because it depends who you are facing. If you've never been out to any tournaments, I would suggest looking into it if you play smash. Or at least looking up videos on youtube.
All competitive players are definitely not the same :lol:
Put some research into people like Mew2king, Ken, PC Chris and the like. They are currently some of the worlds finest. You'll see what kind of technical ability is really needed to excel at this game.

Here's a vid that might show you the important of technical ability. These are those pros that are "easier to beat" because they wavedash.
Ken (Was first place for years) vs. M2K (First place now) at MLG
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5iXByT-nI&feature=related

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Yeah I main Marth too^ Learned alot from Ken and M2K

Awesome video too.
Anyone else notice how Ken memorized the cloud positions at 1:37? Pretty crazy stuff.

Last edited:
You've got work to do. Most importantly, you need to use your kill moves to your advantage. You should NOT be playing with someone until they are at 200%, especially with Shiek.

can someone give me a valid link that confirms that wavedashing is not in brawl, cause i can swear i saw a vid of ssbb where pit did a wavedash on metaknight.

i am the best at this game in my home town we have compititions at game places i am only 13 but some have said they were good but i always win the tournaments with each charectar there are no trophyies but there is money and i will get this gamei like playing 60m games and i will dominate this game no matter who you are

jorgelink said:
can someone give me a valid link that confirms that wavedashing is not in brawl, cause i can swear i saw a vid of ssbb where pit did a wavedash on metaknight.
There is no link because it is a player-made move, not a Nintendo made move.
Nintendo did say though that air dodging is based on momentum. Also, it was confirmed during the demo that you cannot get enough momentum from a single jump to propel yourself downward into the ground and slide.

^exactly, and even if you could, it would be unuseable. It would be more of a ghetto, slow as hell waveland.

Wavedashing is not in Brawl. Why can't you guys just believe us?

Back