Pre-order but no Midnight Launch

kholman

WiiChat Member
Sep 6, 2006
I waited in line back in October (#3 of 18) at my GameStop in the mall and got the pre-order. At the time they said they would do a midnight launch(like this location had done before). I updated and paid off the pre-order this week and asked about the details of the midnight launch and they told me that because of the extra expense they would open regular time on Sunday.

Arrgh -- Now get me right, I am happy to be getting one on Sunday, but am a little pissed about not getting it at mid-night.

Besides gaming myself, I have 2 kids big into gaming and we were planning a big ho down into the wee hours of Sunday morning. They are probably more dissapointed then I am.

How many other out there have confimed the midnight launches?

Not many. I called a bunch of stores (that don't take pre-orders) and it seems none of them are doing a mid-night launch. I was kind of disappointed myself and going to sleep on Saturday night is going to suck... but it will go by quick.

I was wondering the same thing.

From what I understand. Best Buy will be doing a midnite launch. I am not sure about anywhere else.

If Wal Mart is doing one, how is that going to work, since they are open 24 hours a day? Will they just have a separate line.

I am soooo excited about the Wii it is rediculous. I am thinking about having my girlfriend bring me food and treats dressed up as Peach.

My Best Buy isn't do a midnight launch. They said to me that they were opening one hour early, though, in the morning.

Gamecrazy won't do a midnight launch, so I'll get there an hour early before it opens on sunday at 8:30-9ish, it'll be nice, I'll be there with my book and DS and ready to play some Wii all day :)

Tacos said:
I am soooo excited about the Wii it is rediculous. I am thinking about having my girlfriend bring me food and treats dressed up as Peach.

For starters... you need help. Secondly, just call the local store you willbe setting up camp at and ask them. It seems that less and less stores are doing a midnight launch for the Wii though. I would seriously advise anyone to call.

Back