Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pre-order but no Midnight Launch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by kholman, Nov 15, 2006.

1. kholman

kholman WiiChat Member

I waited in line back in October (#3 of 18) at my GameStop in the mall and got the pre-order. At the time they said they would do a midnight launch(like this location had done before). I updated and paid off the pre-order this week and asked about the details of the midnight launch and they told me that because of the extra expense they would open regular time on Sunday.

Arrgh -- Now get me right, I am happy to be getting one on Sunday, but am a little pissed about not getting it at mid-night.

Besides gaming myself, I have 2 kids big into gaming and we were planning a big ho down into the wee hours of Sunday morning. They are probably more dissapointed then I am.

How many other out there have confimed the midnight launches?

2. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Not many. I called a bunch of stores (that don't take pre-orders) and it seems none of them are doing a mid-night launch. I was kind of disappointed myself and going to sleep on Saturday night is going to suck... but it will go by quick.

3. Tacos

Tacos Banned

I was wondering the same thing.

From what I understand. Best Buy will be doing a midnite launch. I am not sure about anywhere else.

If Wal Mart is doing one, how is that going to work, since they are open 24 hours a day? Will they just have a separate line.

I am soooo excited about the Wii it is rediculous. I am thinking about having my girlfriend bring me food and treats dressed up as Peach.

4. the_peripheral

the_peripheral X, I'll own u N ELEBITS!

Wii Friend Code: 2256-8779-8853-1823
    2256-8779-8853-1823
    My Best Buy isn't do a midnight launch. They said to me that they were opening one hour early, though, in the morning.

5. Zilly-D

Zilly-D Wiitard

Gamecrazy won't do a midnight launch, so I'll get there an hour early before it opens on sunday at 8:30-9ish, it'll be nice, I'll be there with my book and DS and ready to play some Wii all day :)

6. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

My ebgames in Oklahoma City, OK is doing a midnight Wii/Zelda launch. . .and you can count on me being there to pick up my Wii.

7. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    For starters... you need help. Secondly, just call the local store you willbe setting up camp at and ask them. It seems that less and less stores are doing a midnight launch for the Wii though. I would seriously advise anyone to call.