Pre-order for pre-order!?!? WTF?!?!

MMCD

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Scotland
I went to my local game shop, GAME (funnily enough), and asked if they where doing deposits for the wii yet. The geek behind the counter started making stupid wii jokes,(someone after school saying "want to come play with my wii?", and he asked " is a 2 player wii game called a wii-wii), after ignoring him(although he was the manager) the more intelligent guy behind the counter says "Since we don't know the price and release date we are taking names down, and we will phone you once we find out the release date and price" he then said to me " so basically we're doing pre-orders for pre-orders". So i gave the guy my phone number (mobile of course) and will no as soon as the shop opens after the official announcement.

isn't this just a tad to confusing?:confused: :lol:

wii have all ready done this mounths ago
but the staff in my local game (ashton) are quite good (ones a snk fan)

A bit confusing, but it's hard to take pre-orders until a release date is announced. We've got some annoying GAME staff here in Cardiff as well, but only in one of the stores. The guys in the other one are alright.

I have also pre-ordered my pre-order... at game also... the dude wasn't bad (Brighton)

Why did you ignore him? You should of dragged him from behind the counter and booted him a few times, that way he will know not to make toilet jokes.

A lot game shop staff are pricks which is why I buy games from Gameplay, which is a completely online game shop (I voted it retailer of the year on the Golden Joystick awards) so that I don't have to speak, look, or if nessesary, punch anyone.

WiiGamer24 said:
A lot game shop staff are pricks which is why I buy games from Gameplay, which is a completely online game shop (I voted it retailer of the year on the Golden Joystick awards) so that I don't have to speak, look, or if nessesary, punch anyone.
HAY wii worked in a game shop that sold loads of n64s
it was fun when the kids where off school and it was quiet Multiplayer games wcw revenge with four good players (ie know the controls) was a blast

i had to put my name down for call also. i think they should atleast let you put $50 down on it because there is not way it would be $50 or less and all stores that preorder systems always make it $50 down. i really hope my game crazy gets alot in because when i wrote my name and number down i counted the names before me and i was number 23 :(. i was number 2 out of 80 when preordering the 360 though lol

Well, all of you that have pre-order pre-orders on Wii need to post here as soon as you hear something from whatever store you had put down your name and number....please:D

i did not now u could preorder to preorder, but im gonna do it as soon as possible since the rumored release date is a monday. (i was originally gonna camp out.) not only that, but nintendo usually has a gift 4 those who preorder.

is best buy, target, or gamestop doing this??

has gaming really gotten 2 the point were i might need 2 camp out of the store just to preorder a system? it sounds rediculous 2 me. i bet in as little as 20 years, hardcore gamers will have 2 camp outside a store just 2 preorder 2 preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back