Preorder Question

pmarc22

You can't resist it...
Aug 31, 2006
I got a preorder (1 of 10) at my local Gamestop. My question is, does this guarantee me a Wii? If so, I will still have to wait in line on launch day, correct? Or does this stuff just depend on the Gamestop I went to? (I'm not making a big deal about the line thing. I was just curious. I don't want to sound like this big idiot who can't stand in a line, lol.)

Wii Basics. >.< Since it's not a question and isn't really open for disscussion.

My awnser, would be YES. They are just saying "Launch Window" becuase they don't want anyone complaining. It's like "This kills 99.9% of germs" it most likley kills 100% but they just say 99.9% so if SOMEHOW for any reason, it dosen't kill all of them, they won't hear complaining. Average of 15 Wiis per store, about 2 million at launch throughout NA. It is really a safe bet you'll get one.

hmmm...... that was a BIT confusing but i gotcha
thanks

when i preordered the manager at the gamestop/eb games here said that i was guarenteed one at launch ( also says so on the receipt that they will hold it for 48 hrs) and she also said that they would have a seperate line for people who pre-ordered at the store i went to so that is always a good thing :p

that's what i figured it was, but some of the threads on wiichat confused me a bit. that would be awesome if i get to go in a seperate line and just walk out past a line of people (if there is one) with my wii!

*edit* not to sound like a jerk. lol :D

You will probably still have to wait for the next wave of Nintendo Wii. I think that is stupid because a lot of people are going to be disappointed because they have to wait an extra month or so to get their nintendo wii.

I was pre-order 6 out of 12 at my local FYE. The manager guaranteed a Wii to me but I won't believe it till its in my hands on Nov 19th. I am going to raise some major hell if I don't get it though, maybe I'll atleast walk away with some FYE store credit for being mislead. I am going to call on Nov 18th to see if they are still holding their promise, if not I might go and camp out overnight at Toys R us and then sell the Wii I get from FYE on Ebay for the Christmas Rush.

Zaine06 said:
You will probably still have to wait for the next wave of Nintendo Wii. I think that is stupid because a lot of people are going to be disappointed because they have to wait an extra month or so to get their nintendo wii.

why would we have to wait for the second coming of the wii shipment when we pre-ordered, that's what the pre-order is, the manager at the EB/gamestop here said that the systems that are pre-ordered are different from the ones that are sold to the general public and the people who pre-ordered's (at least at the store near me) wii's are held for the 48hrs for them to come and pick it up before it is given out to the general public....:sick:

komio said:
why would we have to wait for the second coming of the wii shipment when we pre-ordered, that's what the pre-order is, the manager at the EB/gamestop here said that the systems that are pre-ordered are different from the ones that are sold to the general public and the people who pre-ordered's (at least at the store near me) wii's are held for the 48hrs for them to come and pick it up before it is given out to the general public....:sick:

now that's what i figured. and that would seem right. I don't get why you should have to wait til AFTER the non-pre-order-ers to get one that you PRE-ordered.

komio said:
look at what happened with the 360's gamestops reserved more than their quota so tons of people got screwed

TiredOfSex said:
look at what happened with the 360's gamestops reserved more than their quota so tons of people got screwed
Gamestop will never hear the end of it if they do that again. I'd be surprised if that happened.

Grrrr im worried now but i shouldnt but i guess coz i was 1 outa i duno they said they would be sent the preordered amount plus a few extra i was like ok..... but iwas number one and i should get it! i mean i payed 20£ and everything i will kill them if i have not got it GRRRR

I know how you feel man, not only did I preorder but I paid my system off in full. So for me, if I dont get mine like I've been promised I'll have to scrape together another 250 and find a store to camp out at. The nice thing is that FYE, the store I preordered from said I would know for sure on Nov 18th whether or not I'll have one guaranteed to me, which would give me enough time to get out and camp at another store if they don't pull through.

Carnage said:
Grrrr im worried now but i shouldnt but i guess coz i was 1 outa i duno they said they would be sent the preordered amount plus a few extra i was like ok..... but iwas number one and i should get it! i mean i payed 20£ and everything i will kill them if i have not got it GRRRR

well for gamestop/eb games it says on the receipt " new release products will be held for 48 hours after release" so when i asked the manager she said that the pre-ordered systems are different from the ones that they get to sell to the non-pre-orders... :mad5: why is that so hard to understand? ... and this isn't the 360 it's the wii, different system, different time

Back