Prices games in Europe higher than other countries

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Hi,

I am wondering why the USA games of the Wii are so much cheaper than Europeans. Same game, jst about 40$ difference.:crazy: :

I took an example of a game at GAMESTOP. It costs their 40$, the same games here in Europe costs 81$:yikes: . More than the double than in the USA.
There were no promotions, or discounts. Just the same game.

I understand that in some states in the USA you hav diferent taxes. But they can´t be 100%, not?:eek:

Any Bank-Guru out there who can explain this?

Thx

Last edited:
Ok speak for your own country please.
Mabye in Spain theyre €81 but not anywhere else.
Most of Europe (including myself) pay €50-€60 for games.
By the exchange rates of Euro - Dollar Its just about the same.
Arent the games $55 dollars in America:confused:?

Most wii games are $50 in the US but lesser quality titles are normally $40. He is right though comapred to american dollars most European countries pay a little more for games I especially noticed this after living in the UK for 2 years. Some of the reasona for the higher costs is importing, taxes, exchange rates, and localization to outside territories.

brainiac said:
Ok speak for your own country please.
Mabye in Spain theyre €81 but not anywhere else.
Most of Europe (including myself) pay €50-€60 for games.
By the exchange rates of Euro - Dollar Its just about the same.
Arent the games $55 dollars in America:confused:?

Sorry, i meant 81$, not €.
here in spain all the games cost around 50€-60€ also....

And the conversion of 60€ to dollars is 81$. So it is not the same, it is 20$ more. And the same games costs in the US50$ = 36€. 1 dollar is not the same as 1 Euro.

I just don´t think it is fair. I mean i don´tt see anything different between the games.....

Haywire said:
Most wii games are $50 in the US but lesser quality titles are normally $40. He is right though comapred to american dollars most European countries pay a little more for games I especially noticed this after living in the UK for 2 years. Some of the reasona for the higher costs is importing, taxes, exchange rates, and localization to outside territories.

I will take for example the game Monster 4x4, which comes with a free wheel where you put the Wiiremote in, well it is developed here in Spain, Barcelona, by the Spanish department...... So it is "almost" a 100% Spanish product.... Still it is more expansive than the "Same" US version......

rtr1900 said:
Sorry, i meant 81$, not €.
here in spain all the games cost around 50€-60€ also....

And the conversion of 60€ to dollars is 81$. So it is not the same, it is 20$ more. And the same games costs in the US50$ = 36€. 1 dollar is not the same as 1 Euro.

I just don´t think it is fair. I mean i don´tt see anything different between the games.....

Nothings fair in life§

lee.jarratt said:
Nothings fair in life§

You said it!
Althought I don´tt think that the prices are too high for most of the games.
I always calculate that a movies costs 6 € for 2 hours of fun. So if a game can give me atleast 20 hours of fun, I am happy. And most of the games do so.... Or maby it is because I am not a real gamer and it takes me too long to finisch a game (hihi) ;)

Only that it is unfair to pay for more for the same merchandise.....

The money is quite weird. . .

For a points card:

America: 20$
England: £20

Also the classic controller is like this. .

The exchange rates are weird, american games might be bit cheaper due to exchanges rates, euros are also weird, Everyone should using pound sterling:lol:

lilsam said:
1pound = 1.99$

=

Europeon gaming robbery

Same with downloading legit music, itunes UK 79p , itunes US 99¢ (around there)

Cpt.McCloud said:
The money is quite weird. . .

For a points card:

America: 20$
England: £20

Also the classic controller is like this. .

The exchange rates are weird, american games might be bit cheaper due to exchanges rates, euros are also weird, Everyone should using pound sterling:lol:

Were are you buying your points card?? for a 2000 one it only costs £13 in game. and i think everywhere.

And normal games for the Wii cost about £40.

The standard points card here costs £20, at RRP.

Look at the prices for the PS3, for example, Europe have stupidly high prices whilst the states, don't.

Look at the chart if you don't believe me.

But is Brazil really that much? o_O

It's really us, for actually buying things so overpriced. Cause a rebellion =P

We pay about $80-$100 Aus, But i kinda get use to being ripped off when buying games.

Back