Problem With GameCube Controllers

Zeta

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
When trying to play GameCube games in the Wii none of our three Gamecube controllers work. Two of them are genuine Nintendo controllers. When the screen saying "press A to cotinue" comes up, pressing "A" on any of the three controllers does nothing. We have tried any and all three controllers in all of the slots and still no luck. Tried shutting the power off and restarting and also tried the reset button. Still no luck. Upon checking the Nintendo site as to how to "hookup" the controllers (which doesn't take a rocket scientist) it said that the port closest to the memory card is port 1.........yet on my Wii.......the port with 1 dot under it is the port farthest from the memory card and the slot next to the card has 4 dots under it which to me signifies its port 4. Makes sense to me that left to right should be ports 1 through 4. Anyway that is probably irrelevant to my problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Z

Last edited:
If it the startup screen where it says press "A" to continue, It means to press A on the Wiimote. You still have to navigate to the GC game through channels with the Wiimote. Once you are in the game, then you use the GC controller.

Back