Problem with my Wii remote on the T.V

Phantez

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
I dont know if this is supposed to happen, but when im pointing the controller at the T.V., if i move the pointer further right to the edge of the t.v, the pointer shows back up in the center of the tv, even though the remove is pointed about a foot or two to the right of the television. If i keep moving it right further to where the pointer goes to the edge of the tv again, the pointer reappears in the center again, with the remote pointed like 5 feet to the right of the tv now. It will do this over and over till the remote is almost sideways from the tv. Is it possible to stop this? its usually not that big of a deal, but when i play games like Medal of Honor, it becomes very difficult to turn my character to the right because when i point to the edge of the tv, it just returns center again or just jitters all of the place and i end up looking at the ground. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hmmmm you might have to have a fiddle with your Sensitivity/Sensor Bar settings.
Just look through the Wii settings for it :)

Ive already tried that.

i just had a thought... I have a set of 3 windows to the right of my television. Is it possible that the windows might be reflecting the infrared from the controller and making it do this?

Last edited:
Phantez said:
Ive already tried that.

i just had a thought... I have a set of 3 windows to the right of my television. Is it possible that the windows might be reflecting the infrared from the controller and making it do this?
Nope.

Try to turn off any christmas lights or lamps. These can interfere

FRuMMaGe said:
Try to turn off any christmas lights or lamps. These can interfere

I had lights going around those windows next to the tv. I turned them off and the problem is fixed :ciappa: Thanks for ur help!

Phantez said:
I had lights going around those windows next to the tv. I turned them off and the problem is fixed :ciappa: Thanks for ur help!
Certainly :yesnod;

I had this problem last christmas, luckily there was something in the newspaper about the christmas lights

Back