Problem with Nintendo 64

Marc

SuperWii
Mar 8, 2007
York
Wii Online Code
4103-3191-5795-3127
I bought an N64 off eBay recently and it came with what looks like everything it needs to work. I can't get anything to come up on the TV though. The console itself turns on and the light comes on. It came with the red, white and yellow AV plugs and I set it to the same AV as my other consoles yet I don't get any picture.

Any ideas? I was told they work off aerial signal, but I have no other way of connecting to the TV. It only cost me £20 but its frustrating all the same!

:confused:

Well I only have 4 AV's to choose from.

All in the right place!

Sellers feedback was 100%.

Only thing I can think of is to buy an RF cable and try that instead.

i have this problem all the time w/ my n64. try cleaning out the games and blowing all of the dust out b/c if the system can't read the game no picture will come up

Yeah it's probably the games rather than the system.
Try cleaning them with windex and Q-tips.

Should there be anything on the screen without a game in?

Marc said:
Should there be anything on the screen without a game in?
No....

Like the previous 2 posters, blow inside the game cartridge. If it's the game (which is most likely is), then you should not see/hear anything, or hear the sound but nothing on the screen. If it's something other than that, it's probably the system.

Good luck

Blowing the cardridge doesn't work! :(

Tried all that, they said was fine when they posted it. Was late last year when I got and for the sake of £20 I didn't want to jepodise my feedback.

I've just ordered an RF cable for 1.50 so I'll try that as a last resort.

Theres always the game shop in town, if I can ever remember to take it in!

Back