Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problem with two Wiimotes in Trauma Center New Blood

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by AsciiPad, Jan 26, 2008.

1. AsciiPad

AsciiPad Jedi Padawan

Last night I tried to play Trauma Center: New Blood in Co-op mode with a friend. I've done this before with no problems - each time I've had to use One Time sync to connect the 2nd remote while in the game. But last night, I could not get any of my 4 remotes to connect as the 2nd controller. All of them connected fine as the 1st controller, and battery power was at least 75% for each one.

If I exited the game and went back to the main Wii screen, all 4 remotes connected just fine...I'd just hit a button on them and a single light would light up on each one accordingly. I know the remotes aren't broken and that they are "hard-synced" to my console. The only time there was a problem was when I tried to use One Time Mode for a 2nd controller while Trauma Center was loaded. I don't know why there was such a problem with that 2nd controller slot...especially since it was working fine this way just a week before.

There are two things that were different this time. One, I normally play the Wii at my own place where there is WiFi, but this time I brought my Wii to a friend's and did not connect it to WiFi there. Two, I have started playing Link's Crossbow Training. As far as I know, neither of these changes should have affected the connection of a 2nd remote. Any suggestions?

2. FRuMMaGe

FRuMMaGe Waluigi's #1 Fan!

Wii Friend Code: 2482-6460-3144-9934
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Some games don't let you add more controllers until they are in a certain state.

Try choosing Multiplayer mode and THEN connecting the controllers :yesnod:

3. Brady280

Brady280 Halloween is Awesome!

Wii Friend Code: 7952-3036-6014-3919
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    Same thing happened with my cousins, we got the first remote on. Then we tried syncing the second, after it was on the first turned off. I don't know if he ever got it to work.

4. AsciiPad

AsciiPad Jedi Padawan

I actually tried selecting multiplayer first, but that was the very point at which it told me I needed to go back to the Home screen and connect a 2nd controller. If I connected the 2nd controller before starting the game, its light went out when the game started.

At any rate, I did solve the problem. I checked Nintendo's site which told me that if there was a problem syncing multiple remotes, I should QUICKLY press button 1+2 on each remote sequentially. If I delayed too long, it could take longer to sync all the remotes and in some cases not all would sync. So I did that and this time it worked. There was one other thing I did differently - this time I had my four Gamecube Wavebird controller receivers connected to the four Wii gameports, as I usually do. Last time I tried syncing the remotes, I didn't have these receivers connected. I don't think that should have affected the connections though.