Problems connecting to internet with my Wii

hksup2001

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2008
I am thoroughly frustrated with my wii. I've been trying to make it work for several days, and it aint' working. I've fixed my channel to 11, made sure DNS, and the other thing is on auto, and tried manually configuring this thing. It still won't work. I have a 2wire 1800HG router and my labtops work fine with it. I've already tried making my router without the enscryption, and tried connecting my wii to it. It still gives me the annoying message, error code 51330. I feel like i can't go anywhere with this. Can ANYONE help me?! I'm really starting to give up.

I tried everything in that site has to offer... STill not working

Why did you choose channel 11? How many other wireless access points in your vicinity are using channel 11? How many are on channel 1? Channel 6?

Are you using MAC address filtering on your router?

I am using channel 11 for now, because I already tried channel 1 and it didn't work. The site said channel 1 or 11, so i'm trying both. Also, for MAC filtering, I tried to find it on my router setting, but I couldn't find it. I know it's also known as access filter, and etc, but I still can't find any of those names... Maybe mine doens't use MAC filtering.

surfinrach90 said:
You might find your answer in this thread:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/6748-wii-online-faq.html

If not there are other stickied threads in the 'Nintendo Wii Online' section that could possibly help. =]
glad to see my old threads are still being used after all this time :cool:

As far as a 2Wire modem, try resetting to factory defaults, there is a number located on the bottom of the modem (if I remember correctly, it is in the lower right-hand corner of the label). That is your WEP key, you should be able to connect without too much difficulty.

Try this youth

Dude i had this problem for ages same code as well what i did is go into my router settings and change the security type from WAP to a WEP key
which will give you 4 possible codes any will do and type it in without spaces after it worked straight away never looked back Trust me it worked for me
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

adamkilla2002 said:
Dude i had this problem for ages same code as well what i did is go into my router settings and change the security type from WAP to a WEP key
WEP is useless for security in this day and age. You might as well have no security.

It's 2008. You should be using WPA at a minimum, if not WPA2.

I made all my things on default, but still doesn't work... Is it possible that this might be not related to the security code at all, because I did disable the security code and it still couldn't connect. What are the other possibilities? Thanks for answering guys.

There are plenty. See my post from yesterday at 1:09PM. You didn't answer my other questions. These are relevant to the other possibilities.

Help us help you.

sremick said:
Why did you choose channel 11? How many other wireless access points in your vicinity are using channel 11? How many are on channel 1? Channel 6?

Are you using MAC address filtering on your router?

OK, so I chose channel 11, because channel 1 didn't work either. Now it's on channel 6. (for some reason, after I reset all the settings, I only have choice of channel 5, 6,or 7) Anyways, that's that. I have no clue how many of my wireless access points are on different channels, but I can tell you that I can only pick one and I don't have many wireless devices that my router connects to. (only 1 or 2) Thanks

Oh sorry, I forgot to answer the last question. I don't think my router uses MAC filtering, because I can't find the option for that in my router settings.

Well you might have an interference problem. Not only might there be other people using wifi channels in your area, but there could be other types of devices using the 2.4GHz spectrum... they don't have to be "wifi".

Step 1 is to use whatever "site-survey" type utility came with your wireless card to determine who else is out there. If you don't have any or can't figure it out, download NetStumbler.

This will only show you wifi stuff though, not things like cordless phones, microwaves, etc. That takes special equipment. If there's too much 2.4GHz interference (wifi or otherwise) in your area, you might not be able to use wifi.

But then wireless internet for my labtops work fine. And also, my wii does pick up my router's access point. (maybe that has nothing to do w/ others interfering w/ my wifi)

Back