Problems emailing your wii?

jus.

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
There's a message size limit of 1.5 megs!

That's why too large pictures won't send, and that's why I couldn't just now email myself a movie.

Dammit!

jus. said:
There's a message size limit of 1.5 megs!

That's why too large pictures won't send, and that's why I couldn't just now email myself a movie.

Dammit!

Your a moron for trying to email yourself a movie.

All your vids need to be in the MJPEG file format. So even if you sent yourself a movie, it has to be that format for the Wii to read it. Ive loaded up about 300 megs of Music Videos and Pr0n and they all work.
Clicky

Redan499 said:
All your vids need to be in the MJPEG file format. So even if you sent yourself a movie, it has to be that format for the Wii to read it. Ive loaded up about 300 megs of Music Videos and Pr0n and they all work.
Clicky

That isn't what we are talking about.

This guy, even tho I explained to him why it wouldn't work in a different thread, tried to attach a whole movie to an email and send it to his wii.

Flash drives are faster. Can you imagine the time you wasted letting that attachment upload? omfg. *chuckles*

sorry, I should clarify:

It's a ten second 2.7 meg clip of my friend beatboxing that I was sending, not a full length feature film. I know most of the people on here can be pretty dense at times, myself included, but I was more so interested in testing the feature at this time than in actually using it in any sort of functional way. That and seeing if you can indeed email yourself video clips. Why not? I got a mac with an iSight and I do it all the time.

And, I know about the size limitation because when I tested emailing myself the video clip, I got an error message (which I didn't receive in the past from messages I'd sent which didnt arrive, although this was immediately after responding to the verification email so who *knows* what up wit dat?) telling me it bounced due to size limitations and burried in the message was the actual number of bytes the server would allow.

So, as you can see, I'm neither a moron or stupid. I would have assumed it would go without saying I wouldn't be trying to email myself a 700 meg film. You know, where the wii has 512 megs of storage and all.

And for the record, the transfer took under 5 minutes.

Oh and also, you can't use flash drives on wii.

jus. said:
Oh and also, you can't use flash drives on wii.

Weren't you the one who wanted to transfer school of rock to there wii and watch it? Or was that someone else?

w/e I can't find the thread

i heart you anyways.

Last edited:
Haha no that wasn't me. Although if I could, I would, haven't seen it and it looks funny, and if it didn't have the size limitation I can't say I wouldn't do it just because. I just watch most stuff on my computer since I don't have cable. It'd be dope to use my TV for more than video games though.

Ah, I thought you must be away from your Wii to be e-mail it stuff, but now I get the impression that you don't have access to a compy with an SD card drive.

well you were right then and now. I was at work at the time, away from my Wii, and I also don't have an SD card/card reader. There's a combo 1 gig card/USB card reader at XS Cargo across town for 35 bones (canadian!) so I'm going to have to convince my girl we need one. Can you play videos off the card or do you need to copy it to the system first like with saves/vc games?

And for the record, you just straight up can not email yourself video clips. For the sake of experimentation, I attempted to send myself a 4 second clip of poor quality (for the low size) and the message just didn't show up, no error message from Nintendo, no message with an attachment it couldn't display, so I think it just blocks messages that won't work.

jus. said:
And for the record, you just straight up can not email yourself video clips. For the sake of experimentation, I attempted to send myself a 4 second clip of poor quality (for the low size) and the message just didn't show up, no error message from Nintendo, no message with an attachment it couldn't display, so I think it just blocks messages that won't work.

Was the movie in Wii format? Thats to say did you run it through the Wii video program? It would end up in .AVI format.

-Bobby

Back