Problems with connection on my Wii

MrKennedy1

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice. I'm having trouble getting me wii connected to the the internet. It worked fine when i first had it (Dec06) but since then havent gone online. I'm now having a error code 52030 which according to Nintendo is a channel issue.

I changed the Channel to 1 as suggested but still getting the error code. When i connect it will see my router and connect to it, but just will not go past the connection. I have had these error codes in all

Any advice?

I have also tried all the advice that i can see on the forums and still nothing.

It's really starting to give me a headache now :crazy:

Have you got any firewall stuff on it WEP or WPA or anything like that?

If you have put a password or something like that on the router then re-type it into the Wii see if that helps. Sometimes i have to do it not sure why but it usually works after.

same problem

My internet channel worked fine, but for the last week it hasn't. Yet the weather and news would update a few times every day.

Nothing was changed on my modem/network.

I just now went to my Wii, deleted my connection settings, and then re-entered them, hoping this would work allow the internet channel to work. Now it won't succesfully test the connection so I don't even get news and weather now.

HELP!

Whoops said:
If you have put a password or something like that on the router then re-type it into the Wii see if that helps. Sometimes i have to do it not sure why but it usually works after.

Thanks yes done that before. Still no joy with it.

MrKennedy1 said:
Thanks, i seen that post

Have tried changing the MTU aswell to 1500 but no joy.

Sorry!

Did you read solution 3 from that page? That is the one that sounds most like your problem. Their solution was to buy a new router.

Hi,

The wii worked fine last year with the same router. So i'm not gonna buy a new router when it worked fine.

And no sorry dont have a button on my router.

My router is a Linksys WAG354G

Last edited:
Yea I own a linksys router too and they seem to start spazing out on me on the same day every year... no joke.

Back