Problems with messenger on 360?

Mii Peter

Soccer Fan
Aug 2, 2007
Incase it helps:
If anyone else has this problem it is because:
You made your XBL account before you were 18, and once you've passed that age, they believe you are still a child (child account), and to ensure your safety.. they will not allow you to go on messenger. Another issue is that it just doesn't work for others.:sick: After talking to them over the phone they said they will be working on the problem, (to be adressed in the next few months) and any updates will be noted on the website (xbox.com)

Wont work unfortunately. I've tried and failed. Oh well I turn 18 this month so it will no longer be a problem for me :)

Did you not read the OP?

I did. I have several friends who have recently turned 18 and they're now able to use the windows live messenger feature on the Xbox 360.

Syntax said:
I did. I have several friends who have recently turned 18 and they're now able to use the windows live messenger feature on the Xbox 360.

Even past the age of 18 it still considers you a "child account".... it's pretty much unchangeable Matt.....

lol I'm correcting you on WiiChat when you're just across the hall :lol: ...

...It's a long hallway..:scared:

Wonder why it worked for them then..Because they registered their accounts with their same birth date....The damn thing is so annoying.. Ah well I'm going to stick to the Wii's Messenger Fx which tends to be much easier.

Syntax said:
Wonder why it worked for them then..Because they registered their accounts with their same birth date....The damn thing is so annoying.. Ah well I'm going to stick to the Wii's Messenger Fx which tends to be much easier.

Except for typing :lol:

Back