Problems with Nintendo USB connector!

Wh15ky

WiiChat Member
Sep 28, 2007
When I go online to play FIFA 08 my signal is never better than 3 bars and I always have problems trying to find players as it keeps saying connection to opponent has been lost. Thought at first it was just other peoples signal or they were quitting, but now starting to think it is mine.

Is a 3 bar signal iffy? Anyone else having same problem?
Any advice would be grateful. Cheers!

JerryC said:
dude just get a LAN adapter its so much more easier to set up and no problems at all.

Since the title of this thread is "Problems with Nintendo USB connector!" then he probably already has one.

Skippy said:
Since the title of this thread is "Problems with Nintendo USB connector!" then he probably already has one.

Well there is no "probably" about the fact that your a complete idiot. The usb connector plugs into the usb port of one's computer connecting to the wii wirelessly. HOWEVER a LAN adapter plugs into the back of the wii and then the cord for the internet goes into the back of the LAN adapter.

He clearly stated he is having problems with his usb adapter NOT his LAN adapter which are 2 different things so next time get your facts straight before you make idiot comments.

Last edited:
I've just spent £29.99 on the USB connector, the reason I opted for it over the LAN adaptor is because I wanted to use my DS on it aswell. Are you saying the USB connector is an inferior product? Have I been ripped? Or am I just using it wrongly?
I deactivated my Firewall on my computer when I installed the disk (as it told me to). The computer transmitting it is in the same room as the Wii about 5m away from it) The little green light on the USB connector is always flashing. However right now the window on the computer titled "Registration tool" says there are no connected users, my Wii is not switched on but shouldnt the connect24 be on? as the power light is yellow on the wii and not red.

Last edited:
jesse1596 said:
Well their is no "probably" about the fact that your a complete idiot. The usb connector plugs into the usb port of one's computer connecting to the wii wirelessly. HOWEVER a LAN adapter plugs into the back of the wii and then the cord for the internet goes into the back of the LAN adapter.

He clearly stated he is having problems with his usb adapter NOT his LAN adapter which are 2 different things so next time get your facts straight before you make idiot comments.

Sheesh... It's no wonder Nintendo is hesitant to add voice chat to their online offerings...

What got me thinking in the wrong direction was that the LAN adapter plugs into the USB port of the Wii. And the USB connector helps your Wii connect wirelessly to your LAN.

If the window on the computer says there are no connected users, then the simple answer is that your wii is not connected to the wifi connector.

The not-so-simple answer is that you should probably try to go reset your connections to your wifi device through your wii. I've heard a couple things from different sites and such about connectivity issues with the wifi connector, some attributing it to the fact that the distance is too great, or that the fact that in most cases it has to pass through walls and deal with interference from things like cell phones and such...

and not much of that makes much sense to me, since if I remember correctly Wifi isn't affected much by any interference other than different wifi devices...and all that happens there is you usually get to pick which device connects to what...

so again my suggestion would be to have your wii search for the wifi connector, and failing that you might want to consider just hooking up with a LAN connection, at the expense of having to run wires from your wii to your network router or computer...

Best of luck!

Are you saying the USB connector is an inferior product? Have I been ripped? Or am I just using it wrongly?

well if u want DS online too then it isnt inferior to the lan adapter. But LAN adapter is much better for the wii then the USB connect

the inability of my usb connector to connect to my wii on a regular basis is what lead me to a LAN adapter purchase in the first place. I did not find it reliable at all but try moving your wii super close to the usb adapter that worked a little bit for me. If your in an apartment or something you could try and see if the wii can find any other connections, I found one in my last apartment building but it was locked.

Back