Problems With Router :(

unluckylink13

Member XIII
Nov 16, 2006
My man-cave
Wii Online Code
0554-8372-1002-5500
Hey there, I'm having some problems with the router that I have in my room. I've used it to connect to the internet with my DS and Wii before, but it hasn't been working for a while now.

Here's the setup. My dad has his router upstairs, connected directly to the modem, then there's a cord running from his router to mine, which is connected directly to my computer, while I was going to use it's wireless for my DS and Wii.

The problem on the Wii seems to be that it doesn't want to stay connected. When I try getting on the internet channel, two different error messages pop up. They say something along the lines of "you now have a working internet connection" and "you have no network connection" and it switches between the two every few seconds.

The router that I use is a D-Link wbr-1310. It doesn't have a WEP-key set up (but my dad's does). I disabled the firewall on it, and I also have it set to auto-scan channels, though I have tried just using channel 1 or 11 before.

If anyone could help me fix this, I'd be very thankful :yesnod:

I'll try and answer any questions that you could ask me...

Last edited:
unluckylink13 said:
Hey there, I'm having some problems with the router that I have in my room. I've used it to connect to the internet with my DS and Wii before, but it hasn't been working for a while now.

Here's the setup. My dad has his router upstairs, connected directly to the modem, then there's a cord running from his router to mine, which is connected directly to my computer, while I was going to use it's wireless for my DS and Wii.

The problem on the Wii seems to be that it doesn't want to stay connected. When I try getting on the internet channel, two different error messages pop up. They say something along the lines of "you now have a working internet connection" and "you have no network connection" and it switches between the two every few seconds.

The router that I use is a D-Link wbr-1310. It doesn't have a WEP-key set up (but my dad's does). I disabled the firewall on it, and I also have it set to auto-scan channels, though I have tried just using channel 1 or 11 before.

If anyone could help me fix this, I'd be very thankful :yesnod:

I'll try and answer any questions that you could ask me...

well its probably picking up the connection from your router then getting blocked from your dads since you get your routers connection from your dads router. you either need to input his WEP pass or set your WEP pass to his too and put it in for the wii's pass that would work best. also you could take the WEP off his but thats prolly not a good idea.

Well, I'm not sure if that's the problem, since my computer is connecting just fine, but I'll ask him if he wants to remove the password. It's not like anyone is gonna use our connection, anyway. We kinda live out in the middle of nowhere :lol:

Thanks for replying. I honestly thought no one would :p

Back