Problems with Synchronization

vegeto079

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
I am having a problem with synchronizing my Wiimote with my Console/Sensor.

Just a few moments ago, I was fine, creating a Mii and playing Wii Sports. So for a few seconds, I stop to eat. I come back later, and the controller doesnt work, it has disconnected. I figured it shuts itself down after so long of not pressing any buttons or moving it. So I attempted to turn it back on. The LED goes through a few blinks, and turns off again. This worked fine just before.

I read page 20 of the Wii manual, where it says how to synchronize the controller with the console. I do as it says; Press sync button on Wiimote, press sync button on console. Nothing happens, except the LED of the controller blinks for about 30 seconds then stops. And the Wiimote still doesnt work. The sensor bar is above my TV, I've tried pointing the Wiimote at the console and sensor bar, neither work. I would try this with a seperate Wiimote but I only have one at the moment.

Could it be a defective sensor bar, wiimote, or what?

It says to click the sync button on the wiimote first, but I will try to hit the button on the wii first again.

A few people had similar problems. Some solutions:

-Unplug machine for a few minutes then replug and resync.

-Unplug remote and take out batteries and let it sit for a few minutes, then hook it up again and resync

Ok

- Hold the Sinc button the on Wii down for about 15 Secs
- The Blue LED's on the Wiimotes will go out
- Press the Sinc button on the Wiimote and Wii together
- Wait for Wii to do it's stuff

This happened to me today. Here's what I did:
-Unplug the Wii
-Take the batteries out of the Wiimote
-Let it set for a couple of minutes
-Put the batteries in the Wiimote again
-Plug in the Wii again
-Turn on the Wii from the Wiimote

Hope that works.

There seems to be two kinds of syncing processes.
1) The normal sync process as described in the manual where you press the sync button on the remote first.
2) and a troubleshooting sync process that is on the Nintendo support site at:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ote.jsp#resync
where you press the sync button on the console for 15 seconds first.

Back