Problems with Wii Sports

CrownCityRoyal

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
i dont kno whats going on, but i put in the wii sports dvd and it keeps telling me that im getting an error with the disc. the weird thing is that its brand new, and when i tried my red steel, it worked fine. im just wondering if i got a bad version of wii sports or if in fact i have a defective wii

Probably a defective disk... geez! A lot of bugs... :( Check the back for scratches. If you don't see any go back to where you bought it from and they should replace it.

Bulldogxx831 said:
No u put the disk in backwards took me a while too
Dont be dumb, read the other posts aroudn here. Wiis are defective, I can put any disk in any which way and it won't work.

I hope they remove these problems at the European Launch

Why all the site Wii were good?(IGN,Gamespot etc)
Also the Event ones were Perfect too

Maybe they were too reckless getting them at the shops and they damaged them OR people are in a hurry to play and they don't do things right

Last edited:
Lowezt said:
Dont be dumb, read the other posts aroudn here. Wiis are defective, I can put any disk in any which way and it won't work.
If one game works and another doesnt then it isnt the system is it. So don't go around calling people dumb. And you are not at all helping this guy out and just yelling at me? You, my friend, are dumb.

it is a shame to hear about these problems, but its a fact of life. give it a copule of weeks at the max and you wont be complaining when your playing on your wii.

Bulldogxx831 said:
If one game works and another doesnt then it isnt the system is it. So don't go around calling people dumb. And you are not at all helping this guy out and just yelling at me? You, my friend, are dumb.
My bad, I thought you were trying to be an ass or something, I dunno, Im tired and my Wii broke :(

Sorry dude

That's funny! I'm having the SAME EXACT problem with my Wii Sports disk, but my Twilight Princess disk works perfectly every time. I'm so glad that it's not just MY Wii Sports disk. I was beginning to think I'm crazier then I was before.

Hey if you keep trying, it will eventually work. If I put it in so that the Title "Wii Sports" is at the top of the disk, it usually works for me. (yeah I know it's all in my head but it still usually works):thumbsup:

epikon said:
it is a shame to hear about these problems, but its a fact of life. give it a copule of weeks at the max and you wont be complaining when your playing on your wii.

We have got to understand that we are hearing about the problems on the forum because the people who are not having problem aren't making a new thread saying: "Hey guys, my new Wii WORKS!" The people with the problems are the ones creating a new thread stating their problem. And that is the reason it looks like Nintendo sent out more defective consoles than working consoles. If anything, the 360 launch was a debauchery with the 3 red rings of death and overheating/freezing consoles. So anyone in England worried about gettinbg a defective Wii should really not worry at all.

CrownCityRoyal said:
i dont kno whats going on, but i put in the wii sports dvd and it keeps telling me that im getting an error with the disc. the weird thing is that its brand new, and when i tried my red steel, it worked fine. im just wondering if i got a bad version of wii sports or if in fact i have a defective wii
BRAND NEW!?
whered you find a brand new WII SPORTS

haha, yea... i noticed that i have some problems with the Wii Sports dvd too. all other games, load fine. but with the Sports DVD i gotta eject and insert again. not a real problem, cuz it usually works on the 2nd time i put it in. i just hope it doesnt stop working all completly.. those games are kinda fun

Not sure if you've resolved your problem, but from the looks of it, you're not the only one with this issue. I also get disc read errors quite often when trying Wii sports. At first I also got the errors with Zelda too. The cinematics in Zelda are really whacked when the disk isn't reading properly.

I've seen numerous suggestions. Some folks suggest calling Nintendo support, I've tried this, but they always say to call back later. Other folks have suggested moving it away from magnetic sources. In my case, my Wii was sitting next to a speaker. Lets hope that moving it actually fixed the problem. Wii sports was picked up the first time, which is a rarity for me.

its very unlikely you will get a defective wii i know like 10 people in rl who have one and they all work perfectly fine if you get a defective wii or defective software nintendo will gladly replace it for free with a simple phone call. Nintendo has awsome customer service when i had to get my ds replaced they sent me a brand new one in a couple days and when i got it i just transfered my settings to the new one and mailed it to them its like $5 shipping i think other then that its all free :)

Back