Processor Help Needed

Haz

Nintendo Encyclopedia
Nov 22, 2006
England, UK
Hey Everyone,

I need some advise on processors, i.e. which processor is better.

The current process in my laptop is: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processor 518 with HT Technology (2.8GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1M Cache)

However, Dell are replacing my machine (due to overheating problems) and the new processor is this: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2060(1.6GHz/533MHz/1MB)

Not being too in the know with what's better than what, any help would be great!

well i know more about AMD than intell but it seems they are giving you a slower core but since its a duel core it might with each core at 1.6 GHz then it might be better because combined it is 3.2 GHz but as i said before. im not very good with intel

=D Dual Cores are much better

1.6 * 2 = 3.2 so that much faster! also the work load is shared between the 2 CPUs you shouldn't get nasty over heating =D

the only problem with using dual cores on lappys is the battery issues i.e. less battery life =(

Intels are usually better for Cache but AMD are better for use... well... that's what i though... my laptop has a 3GHz Intel P4 CPU... and my desktops CPU is much nicer to run... =)... but that could be due to power issues etc.

Basically the new one is better (Y)

go you!

I've got a AMD X2 2.2GHz (desktop) <3

So the 1.6 refers to each processor then? (sorry not all up to scratch with this)

If I'm running one application, say a game, will it be able to spread the power it needs over both processors?

yes it's each processor =)

yes it will share the power =)

No worries if your not up to scratch it's better to ask somebody that living in the dark =)

=)

Back