Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Processor Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Haz, May 2, 2007.

1. Haz

Haz Nintendo Encyclopedia

Hey Everyone,

I need some advise on processors, i.e. which processor is better.

The current process in my laptop is: Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processor 518 with HT Technology (2.8GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1M Cache)

However, Dell are replacing my machine (due to overheating problems) and the new processor is this: IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® Dual-Core Processor T2060(1.6GHz/533MHz/1MB)

Not being too in the know with what's better than what, any help would be great!

2. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

Wii Friend Code: 2025-2025-2025-2025
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    well i know more about AMD than intell but it seems they are giving you a slower core but since its a duel core it might with each core at 1.6 GHz then it might be better because combined it is 3.2 GHz but as i said before. im not very good with intel

3. the_flood502

the_flood502 WiiChat Member

=D Dual Cores are much better

1.6 * 2 = 3.2 so that much faster! also the work load is shared between the 2 CPUs you shouldn't get nasty over heating =D

the only problem with using dual cores on lappys is the battery issues i.e. less battery life =(

Intels are usually better for Cache but AMD are better for use... well... that's what i though... my laptop has a 3GHz Intel P4 CPU... and my desktops CPU is much nicer to run... =)... but that could be due to power issues etc.

Basically the new one is better (Y)

go you!

I've got a AMD X2 2.2GHz (desktop) <3

4. Haz

Haz Nintendo Encyclopedia

So the 1.6 refers to each processor then? (sorry not all up to scratch with this)

If I'm running one application, say a game, will it be able to spread the power it needs over both processors?

5. the_flood502

the_flood502 WiiChat Member

yes it's each processor =)

yes it will share the power =)

No worries if your not up to scratch it's better to ask somebody that living in the dark =)

=)