Project H.A.M.M.E.R ?---Pronounced Dead----Bothered?

EDIT: Nintendo News | Famitsu Confirms H.A.M.M.E.R Cancellation

By Jorge Ba-oh (jb)
12.09.2007 21:39
Quick News: The recent edition of Japanese weekly Famitsu reveals disappointing news for Project H.A.M.M.E.R fans - the report suggests the title has been canned, with nothing suggesting its shelving for a later date.

Thanks to GameFront

I DONT THINK IT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE NAME THOUGH..

I was looking forward to it as i was excited to see Nintendo take a more mature direction plus it looked like a decent action game. Everytime Nintendo gets a good exclusive action game under there belt near a system launch they can it. Raven Blade anyone? .....

Cpt.McCloud said:
There is talk of that production has temporally stalled due to the producers working on other subjects.

The title is due to become a possibility to be picked up again in the future.

But now you say it is fully dead?

Shame.
Yeah, that is exactly what I heard as well. But the game was never actually on my list of games to buy, so it really doesn't bother me too much.

Doesn't bother me at all. The concept seemed kinda dumb to me. IT was a game about a guy with a giant hammer smashing everything. That just didn't seem like anything with any depth that could keep me interested.

i thought the game sounded ok, but from the gameplay trailer and wht i had seen it look very linear and lame gameplay

masterjedi said:
Doesn't bother me at all. The concept seemed kinda dumb to me. IT was a game about a guy with a giant hammer smashing everything. That just didn't seem like anything with any depth that could keep me interested.
I suppose a game about a plumber who jumps on turtles and travels through pipes is more appealing to you?

Dont just a book by its cover.

Good point Levesque, but we didn't even know what the story was behind H.A.M.M.E.R. All we had was a concept and that concept did nothing for me. You want to compare H.AM.M.E.R with Mario but at least Mario had a story. Whether you think the story is/was cheesy or not, at least it existed. I think H.A.M.M.E.R. just got a lot of buzz from the internet crowd because the graphics looked all adult and everyone was starved for some violence on the Wii.

project hammer is gonna be sweet!! im gonna be sure to pick that up

^^ oh i did, but wikipedia said that the game might still appear in the future, i was really looking forward to that game.......i still have hope for the future tho

well i have now seen 4 links to it being dead so im pretty sure its dead, but still there are possibilites,

but then again wikipedia is not updated all the time so it possible that thats not up to date that page

i actually thinking it over and i am a little dissapointed, i mean, one less game on wii, one less possibility for a good franchise

Back