Project M Discussion Thread

'Karp before you watch this video (if you watch it at all), it has Awakening music in it. Mute it if you don't want to be spoiled.

[video=youtube;w36i1LkbvYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w36i1LkbvYM[/video]

I knew it. I just knew Roy would get the Turbo Tuesday this week.
Also, funny thing is, I have a BRSTM of Destiny (Ablaze) over Winning Road - Roy's Hope.

Last edited:
If they could replace final smashes with turbo mode for 15 or so seconds, it'd be pretty neato

Also, my Roy hype lasted 3 hours yesterday and now this turbo video just restarted the counter :l
Sorry Trago- but move out of the way Ike, ain't nobody replacing Roy today!

uve cat 2 b kitten me right meowstic pmbr

'Less the music is some impeccably important tune that would mind**** me if spoiled, I don't care.

If they could replace final smashes with turbo mode for 15 or so seconds, it'd be pretty neato

Also, my Roy hype lasted 3 hours yesterday and now this turbo video just restarted the counter :l
Sorry Trago- but move out of the way Ike, ain't nobody replacing Roy today!
I'm actually pretty hype for him myself. :lol: Roy obviously appears to be superior to Ike in every way.
It's why, if I can get used to his playstyle, he might replace my main.

'Less the music is some impeccably important tune that would mind**** me if spoiled, I don't care.
All of Awakening's music is awesome.......but no, this isn't as important as some other tunes that deserve to be played at the right moment.

Finally I got to see his Side Tilt
and the range on his Nair is insane

Also, who is booking a flight to MI?

OMFG one'a Roy's new taunts is a reference to his Sword of Seals attack animation from FF6. Looks like his beginning-of-the-match entrance is also a reference to how he unsheaths the Sword of Seals in said attack animation as well. gj pmbr <3

Now, I'm not entirely sure if Roy's "angled" Blazer is done by usin' a wavedash's momentum, or Turbo Mode's move-canceling shenanigans. Hell, maybe it can just-plain be done without any prior inputs. Would definitely make Blazer a far more integrate-able combo finisher.

Cool idea. Would make everyone's Final Smashes "balanced" in the way that everyone's FS would be broken. :lol:

I'm actually pretty hype for him myself. :lol: Roy obviously appears to be superior to Ike in every way.
It's why, if I can get used to his playstyle, he might replace my main.

A foolish observation. Never assume a character's viability off watchin' pre-release footage; or just footage period. Roy might end up worse than Marth; which wouldn't necessarily be bad, but... y'know.

Also, I'm very confident Roy's recovery, KO power, and spacing tools (bar dash dancing) won't be as great as Ike's. Ike also doesn't have t' worry about tippers. Oh, and Quick Draw.

Roy definitely looks like a powerful version of Marth, but that doesn't mean he'll be better than either Ike or Marth.

Marth is probably stronger than Roy at a longer range, because he has tippers whereas Roy's force is in the middle. Ike on the other hand has a completely different game, with power behind his precision-hits and very fast ways to pull them out. (Ike IS Quickdraw, so to speak.)

Still, quite impressed so far.

A foolish observation. Never assume a character's viability off watchin' pre-release footage; or just footage period. Roy might end up worse than Marth; which wouldn't necessarily be bad, but... y'know.

Also, I'm very confident Roy's recovery, KO power, and spacing tools (bar dash dancing) won't be as great as Ike's. Ike also doesn't have t' worry about tippers. Oh, and Quick Draw.
Roy is balanced between Ike and Marth. Marth was my secondary main in vBrawl, and I'm sure Roy will affect me just as much, if not more.

Trago, you're assuming again. There's no proof Roy is balanced between 'em; and there's no real comparison between the three FE characters anyways. As Tuvillo said, Ike's game is completely different from Marth. And naturally, Roy's as well.

THE HYPE

OMFG one'a Roy's new taunts is a reference to his Sword of Seals attack animation from FF6. Looks like his beginning-of-the-match entrance is also a reference to how he unsheaths the Sword of Seals in said attack animation as well. gj pmbr <3
The GLORY!

Not to mention Roy's wavedash and grab range is a little less or equal to Marth's. And that stab he has for a Side Tilt looks like it's a spacing tool.

Roy is probably a more grounded Marth. He kinda looks a bit faster too don't you think? I also see that they made his dair spike easier? I remember not being able to pull it off ever in melee. Anyway it doesn't matter how good or bad he is, I've always prefered Roy over Marth even though I was better with Marth.

Roy is way more grounded then Marth, that was his problem in Melee.

I have always prefered Marth but if Roy is the only one who is getting an improvement, I think I will switch to Roy.

Damn, MR took a Roy avatar before I could......oh well. I'll change mine when Roy actually releases, whenever the hell that is.

Trago, you're assuming again. There's no proof Roy is balanced between 'em; and there's no real comparison between the three FE characters anyways. As Tuvillo said, Ike's game is completely different from Marth. And naturally, Roy's as well.
That doesn't mean Roy's game will be completely different from Marth's. Ike's is on its own, of course, but I can see a resemblance between the others.

That doesn't mean Roy's game will be completely different from Marth's. Ike's is on its own, of course, but I can see a resemblance between the others.
But Roy's game is completely different.
He is not the king of punishment and spacing like Marth.

There is always more Fire Emblem Characters you can choose from.
I am in my Fire Emblem avatar mood.
And also in a Smash mood.

'Karp, you should Eliwood

Back