Projection wii

GalaxyMario

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2006
i guess i just really need to know if i should go out and buy that epson zoombox projector for my wii. id imagine the reciever thingy could be placed in front of the screen or something along those lines but does anyone think it would work? or know if it would? it would just be pretty darn nifty to play zelda when hes about the same size as u.

I have a projector and unless youre able to project from you ceiling, plying the wii would be pretty tough. Moving around so much would cast shadows upon the screen and throw you off. Unless they arent very active to the body games, it should be fine.

thanx for the imput sir. ive pretty much decided that the zoombox is too cheap so id have to go the other more expensive but worth it route. as for the viewing i was thinking, if not the ceiling, then having the projector on a small table in front of the players?!? or perhaps catty-corner the projector so its out of the way. does that work at all?

Projector compatibility

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Wii will be compatible with an LCD projector (as in, you point where u would on the wall, and the cursor will go there)?

Yes, the writers of IGN have been playing Wii on a projector and it works, you just have to place the sensor bar above, or more likely, below the screen.

Now, I believe Pelican is working on a sensor bar extension cord since the Wii's standard cord is pretty short. There is also a thread about a rumored Nyko-made wireless sensor bar, but that's not confirmed, although it seems logical to me.

Hope that helped.:)

NateTheGreat said:
Yes, the writers of IGN have been playing Wii on a projector and it works, you just have to place the sensor bar above, or more likely, below the screen.

Now, I believe Pelican is working on a sensor bar extension cord since the Wii's standard cord is pretty short. There is also a thread about a rumored Nyko-made wireless sensor bar, but that's not confirmed, although it seems logical to me.

Hope that helped.:)
thanks a ton! :D.

Thanks - Nate I must have missed this thread when I was searching for answers... I hope that Pelican or some one comes out with an extended cord quickly. I don't think I can spend the $ on the Wii untill I know I can use it on my projector...

One thing I guess I could do is put the Wii on my table and then run the AV cords to my reciever...then the cord for the sensor bar might be long enough. Just would be a pain to pull it all out every time I wanted to play. Can't just leave it out... Two kids 2 and 7 months old... hehe they would not be too friendly to it...

Hopefully Nintendo or anyone else can give us a part to fix this issue. They should realize not everyone has their "electronics" by their screen ...

If u cant attach the Projector to the ceiling, try putting it on a small table infront of u with the sensa bar on top ov it so u can see da screen (projection) and play the wii! By da way, do u calibrate the wiis sensa bar?

Back