projector tv - will it work? duckhunt on nes doesnt!!!

lifelesslived17

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2006
simple question that requires a simple answer. ??? WILL IT WORK ??? i plugged my old 8 bit into my 56" rca and duckhunt didnt work. im extremely concerned (regardless of the fact that ill get it either way, we have other tvs) about this. PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW! facts only though, no assumptions.

^what the guy above said
Its the bar that reads where your pointing
dont know quite how it works but it does

I just found this FAQ at ign
Q: Some light-gun-style games aren't compatible with certain television types. Will the same be true of the Wii-mote?

A: No. Unlike light gun technology, the Wii-mote never interacts directly with a television. Instead, its accelerometer-based motions are transferred directly to the Wii console and any movement that requires pixel perfect accuracy is handled by the sensor bar, which in turn transmits the data to the system. Although the on-screen action seems to indicate that players are, say, directly pointing the Wii-mote at their television, this is never actually true - it's merely being simulated. As a result, any television type, including CRT, LCD, DLP, plasma, and even projectors, are fully compatible with the Wii remote. Nor does screen size matter. Gamers are free to use a 27" CRT or a 110" projector screen and it'll make no difference.

Theres alot of good info (8 pages)
IGN: IGN's Nintendo Wii FAQ

my bad

dan99iel said:
Im gettin annoyed with u guyz with projectors. YES!!!!!!!! it will work! if it doesnt, ur projector is crap. ok?
hey, wow, im terribly sorry that my question bothered you. i realize how bothersome us guys with big tv's can be, ill try to care less about wether or not it will work and spend more time trying to find ways to donate money to those of you that cant afford big tvs or multiple wiis.

lifelesslived17 said:
hey, wow, im terribly sorry that my question bothered you. i realize how bothersome us guys with big tv's can be, ill try to care less about wether or not it will work and spend more time trying to find ways to donate money to those of you that cant afford big tvs or multiple wiis.
No, what he means is... THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED MANY MANY TIMES!

dan99iel said:
Im gettin annoyed with u guyz with projectors. YES!!!!!!!! it will work! if it doesnt, ur projector is crap. ok?
wow. what a jackassed comment :nonod:

works great!!!!!!!!!!

got to walmart at 1pm and had the system running at 1am.

HAVING A BLAST!!! this system is simply amazing. appreciate the info, thanks guys!!!!!

Back