Pronouncing words, when did you learn you were an English N00B? lol

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Ok, What words have you recently learned that you have been saying wrong your entire internet career?

English + only typing = bad pronunciation. :p

mine:

PNG.... used to say "p. n. g." while it should be "ping"

GIF....used to use a soft "g" while it should be hard.

LMAO...I'll just stick to Pras...

then again, how do you pronounce Pras and Prasanna? I'm a n00b, what do you want from me?

I think the most famous is Wiired's "wii red" lol. best pronunciation mistake ever.

Brawny said:

then again, how do you pronounce Pras and Prasanna? I'm a n00b, what do you want from me?

I think the most famous is Wiired's "wii red" lol. best pronunciation mistake ever.
Roffles, it should be pronounced Wired or Wee-erd.. in my head it is anyway, therefore, that's what it is :cool;

did you search your name or something? jeez, that's crazy. I've seen you do the same thing in other threads too.

I myself read it as "wired" because that's what you intended. that second "i" is kinda hidden.

Game character names used to do that. The acronyms I always said how they were spelt though. Except for Jpg (or Jpeg) or Mpg (Mpeg). And Gif. I do those cos they have vowels.

Like, Edea from FF8, I pronounced Ed-ear. I found out is was meant to be E-da.

Also, Yoshi. I prefer Yoh-She. Some go Yow-she.

Strangely though, I got Sephiroth right though. Seh-fear-roth.

Hmm, anymore...?

..er, I got one. Hegemonic. Hegg-e-monic or Hedge-e-monic? Also diegetic. Die-e-gee-tic or Die-e-jet-ic?

Last edited:
Brawny said:

Simply pronounce it as:

Pras = Press
Prasanna = Press-en-na

Byuakuya said:
It should be pronounced:

Bea-Ku-ya
I'm sorry my good friend, but there is no way in hell, that 'Byuakuya' is pronounced Bea-Ku-Ya :p maybe By-U-A-Ku-Ya :D where did you get that name?!

And Squall7, I say Yow-shi myself :)

Edit: Pras is pronounced Press?!?! I've been thiking it as.... well Pras haha.

Ah, squall bringing in the Characters.

4 words..Lord. Of. The. Rings.

People who haven't read tolkien's index on proper elvish pronunciation piss me off. LMAO :lol:

@Pras..didn't think I could like the name prasanna any more. I do now though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back