PROOF that the PS3 sucks MAJOR NUTS: A PS3 owner's complaint/story.

Kumoriken

Banned
Sep 30, 2006
Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
Wii Online Code
3916-4519-7595-8108
PROOF that the PS3 sucks MAJOR NUTS: Or at least for me...

Mmkay, anyway, I'll sum the first part up all quick-like for ya'.

I got a PS3 for Christmas, got Resistance (The ONLY good game that was out for it until about two weeks ago.) and loved it. Played it for two weeks, got over it. Either way, I always liked the Wii better. MUCH better. But I never had any problems with my PS3. So, after getting over Resistance, I didn't play with my PS3 much. Maybe a few hours every two or so weeks. And so, about three days ago, I got Oblivion for the PS3 'cause I figured I'd need more than one game for the PS3 if I was to declare all games ****. Even though I tried out most other games, which actually DID turn out to be ****. So, just like Resistance, Oblivion was one of the only TWO games that were worth the 62 bucks you'd have to spend on them. Anyway, I played Oblivion, and ****IN' LOVED it. Great game, 5 out of 5 if I had to rate it. So, in the first day, while I was explorin' around the world, NUMEROUS times I'd fall INTO rocks or some **** like that. The game would glitch severely, and I would fall into an abyssal plane or some squished area, either way, I couldn't move. I would have to start from the autosave, which wouldn't be too far from where I was. And you can't blame that on the game, either. For one, similar glitches happen in other PS3 games, and secondly, that doesn't happen on the 360 version, ever. ((Not sure about the PC version though.)) So, that's just to start off...
Next incident PISSED ME OFF. SEVERELY. Just yesterday, while I was playing and picking a lock, the ****in' thing FREEZES on me. So, now I have a ****ed up PS3, that I have to send in. After it froze, it wouldn't shut off, so I had to use the switch in the back. Afterward, I'd try and start the thing, and it would turn on, but with no signal or anything coming out of the HDMI cord, and it wouldn't let me turn on the controller. After calling Sony, they told me that they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it and I'd have to send it in, but before I could send it in, I would have to back up all my data and erase all my personal info. How, exactly, am I supposed to do that if it won't start?
Luckily, I managed to get it to turn on ONCE. I backed everything up, but it screwed up again and froze right before I selected, "Reformat." So, I got my data, but what now? Well, I managed to get the thing to start up for about ten minutes at a time. Which wasn't anywhere near long enough to reformat everything. So, I put a fan near the PS3 to see if that would do anything. It actually did, surprisingly. The PS3 isn't freezing, but it takes about 5 minutes to load any selected option in any menu. So, I've reformated it, and I guess I'm sending it in soon. And yes, I tried to use it again after reformatting it.

So, long story short, PS3 + Broke = Suck. D:

Last edited:
thats sucks!
I remember the guys that made Oblivion complained...about something wrong with the PS3..not sure...but they said it the system was crap and it was way too difficult to get it on the PS3!

Anyways I most likely will pick up a 360 instead.....but if more RPGs are on the PS3...well... sorry I have no choice!

Last edited:
Hmm just Sounds like a Dodgy PS3..

As a Eu Gamer Iv only have my PS3 a week.. and have Resistance an Motorstorm.. (Both of which play like a dream and havent had any "glitches" or problems with) -Touch wood-.

Should be fixed free anyway.. if sent in as its nearly brand new?

Title of post is a little Miss-leading.. PS3 doesnt suk ... You just bad experience.

360 sucks and i have complete proof too.
when i bought mine it froze on the first day.

oh ya all PCS suck too, cos when i first bought mine it froze.

i didnt even bother reading ur post

funny thing my wii froze a few times b4 too, i had to return it for a new one.
if i dont say wii sucks that wouldnt be too fair on all the other things that froze on me?
i could be here all day telling u what else sucks.

spirit0flight said:
Hmm just Sounds like a Dodgy PS3..

As a Eu Gamer Iv only have my PS3 a week.. and have Resistance an Motorstorm.. (Both of which play like a dream and havent had any "glitches" or problems with) -Touch wood-.

Should be fixed free anyway.. if sent in as its nearly brand new?

Title of post is a little Miss-leading.. PS3 doesnt suk ... You just bad experience.

Yeah, y'know, you're right. Sorry, I was pissed beyond belief. Really, not all PS3's did this. I changed the title. But still, you have to admit, way more PS3's had errors than any other console.

...AAAAAND ****. Now I'm forced to hate the Wii, too... Some crazy crap is happening on the video output on my Wii now. >.< Now that's unfortunate. And no, it's nothing related, they're on opposite sides of my TV, and it couldn't be my TV, I already checked. >.< So, I have to send 'em both in. Hopefully Nintendo will be easier to deal with, instead of saying, "Now get your data off the system that you can't even start up." xP

Jonny said:

if i dont say wii sucks that wouldnt be too fair on all the other things that froze on me?

Well, you do realize... Not all PC's are the SAME model. And it's a little thing called a virus. I doubt that there are any PS3 viruses out there yet. xP
By the way, I'm guessing you're a PS3 fanboy. You don't belong here. D:
And yeah, I know I said all PS3's suck, but not all do. But the glitches, like falling in rocks and walking through walls and all that on Oblivion are the PS3's model's fault. Not just mine. And a lot less 360's and BARELY any Wii's froze this early on in the race. Just you y'know.

Lying = bad, little one.
Grammar = friend.

Last edited:
Jonny said:

So, something freezes, and it now sucks?!?!?!?!

interesting......

You bought a PS3 just to prove that its buggy as hell and it sucks? You are a braver man than I. Better off too.

Kumoriken said:
snip..
So, long story short, PS3 + Broke = Suck. D:

sounds like you either got a rare PS3 that needs to be sent in for a replacement (happens sometimes. Its happened to the Wii, Xbox360, so expected to happen with a PS3), or you messed up the firmware somehow.

Another thing i can think of is that perhaps there was something causing the PS3 to over heat. This can be caused by being stored in an area where the vent is covered, or somewhere that is not at room temp. You made sure the fan was working also? It is possible to install something that will brick your console, so i hope you werent trying to mod it without knowing what you were doing. If those are not the cases then its simply a factory error in the making of the PS3 and it can be sent in for a replacement. One guy said he sent in his cheaper ps3 and they sent him back a free 60gig one.

finally, i dont think this is the case, but the last possibility is that Bethesda didnt test out their product very well (oblivion) and it bugged out everything. In this case the problem would be on the developer for not properly play testing their product for the console and making the necessary tweaks.

Anyways, you should be fine as long as the fault wasnt on your end.

My cuzens ps3 had similar problems but it didnt ever turn on.
So he got it relpaced and this new one works well.

U just got a bad console.

PS3 Is gay there no fun in it. and there is always going to be bugs cuase sony doesn't even know how t manage there own system, "SONY YOU SUCK"

spawnminion said:
PS3 Is gay there no fun in it. and there is always going to be bugs cuase sony doesn't even know how t manage there own system, "SONY YOU SUCK"

... im not even going to bother. *cough*

:nono:

Atleast the Ps3 didn't altogether die on you like most 360s did at launch. I guess by your logic the 360 sucks too, but even more.

Kumoriken said:
...AAAAAND ****. Now I'm forced to hate the Wii, too... Some crazy crap is happening on the video output on my Wii now. >.< Now that's unfortunate. And no, it's nothing related, they're on opposite sides of my TV, and it couldn't be my TV, I already checked. >.< So, I have to send 'em both in. Hopefully Nintendo will be easier to deal with, instead of saying, "Now get your data off the system that you can't even start up."

You should invest in a good surge protector. That can sometimes help for those of poor/old wiring in homes.

Back