Pros and Cons of Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantei

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
Iv'e have a very quick look to see if this topic has been started, but I DON'T want to read reviews from companies, I was people's own opinions!

Because fairly shortly I'll be getting the Wii, I would like to know what the ups and downs of the console that people have experienced whilst playing.

There has been a topic but I dont care. Here is my list of Doom!
Pros:
-New, fun to use controller
-Games are pretty good right now
-Easy so anyone in the family can play it

Con:
-Expensive accessories
-Graphics are not good, but who cares
-Not many good games out YET

pros-new way to play,games,mii,cheap

cons-480p, no online(yet), somegames hurt to play(like a few of rayman's minigames), and i wonder how basketball would ever work on wii?, no GREAT fps yet

OVERALL-GREAT,GET THE DAMN THING!!!:lol:

Pro:
Virtual Console

Con:
Is expensive (VC)
Agreed with above, some minigames can be tiring

Cap'n Crunch said:
pros-new way to play,games,mii,cheap

cons-480p, no online(yet), somegames hurt to play(like a few of rayman's minigames), and i wonder how basketball would ever work on wii?, no GREAT fps yet

OVERALL-GREAT,GET THE DAMN THING!!!:lol:
Basketball on Wii... I've been thinking about that... XD

Well, you would probably hold the Wiimote straight out and shift it up and down to dribble. Blocking would probably be sticking both controllers up in the air. To shoot, you would hold down Z and B and thrust the controllers into the air. Stealing the ball would be shake the nunchuck to swipe with your left hand and your Wiimote to swipe with your right (depending where the player who your stealing from is positioned from you). Dunking would be holding down B then holding both controllers straight out, shifting them up above your head and then slamming them down to their starting position. Man... I can't wait for a NBA Live or NBA Street for Wii. *drools*

Ok, now back on topic:

Pros:
-Innovative Controller
-Wii Sports is TOO FUB
-Nice titles like Zelda and Red Steel, and good titles coming like Mario

Cons:Graphics are so-so and no hi-def support (doesn't affect me though)

ericlewis91 said:
lots of batterys

Buy rechargable AA batteries and charger...

My digital camera takes 4 AAs and I bought 8 rechargable batteries and a charger for it ages ago... They are extremely handy and extremely worth it!

Over the course of a year your gonna pay way more than £20 in batteries else, considering my non-rechargables that came with the Wiimote ran out in 2 days...

KCBlack said:
Basketball on Wii... I've been thinking about that... XD

Well, you would probably hold the Wiimote straight out and shift it up and down to dribble. Blocking would probably be sticking both controllers up in the air. To shoot, you would hold down Z and B and thrust the controllers into the air. Stealing the ball would be shake the nunchuck to swipe with your left hand and your Wiimote to swipe with your right (depending where the player who your stealing from is positioned from you). Dunking would be holding down B then holding both controllers straight out, shifting them up above your head and then slamming them down to their starting position. Man... I can't wait for a NBA Live or NBA Street for Wii. *drools*

Ok, now back on topic:

Pros:
-Innovative Controller
-Wii Sports is TOO FUB
-Nice titles like Zelda and Red Steel, and good titles coming like Mario

Cons:Graphics are so-so and no hi-def support (doesn't affect me though)
the only thing is i think you wouldnt actually dribble the ball, just move the thumbstick(or thats wat id want)

Shantei said:
Iv'e have a very quick look to see if this topic has been started, but I DON'T want to read reviews from companies, I was people's own opinions!

Because fairly shortly I'll be getting the Wii, I would like to know what the ups and downs of the console that people have experienced whilst playing.

in terms of graphics its a marginal upgrade to the 5 year old gamecube which launched for $200, the controller is only worth $60 so this system costs about twice what its worth. i do not like the wii controls in zelda and would prefer to play with a regular controller.. i will be selling mine as soon as i finish zelda, i'll wait and see what mario/metroid are like.

Seriously, do yourselves a favor and get some NiMH rechargable batteries. In the long run, it will save you a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back