ps2 vs ps3

gorda

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2007
I'm trying to decide between a ps2 and a ps3 for my kids. I'm not sure which one to get. Please advice.

Well since the PS3 can play PS2 games... But if you don't like to wast an extra 300 what not dollars of bonus junk because I love PS2 games and hate PS3 and don't think it is worth the extra money... Just my opinion... Although PS3 has Blueray they are all hard to pick...

13 and 10, they currently have a game cube.

thank you. This will help me make a better decision.

You ask on a wii forum ?
Try PS3 chat
On secound thorghts dont as from what ive been hearin its not a helpfull place

Expect bias and comments like PS3 SUX GET A WII

What country are you in ?
If its not the UK and you have the money get a PS3 (the UK PS3 cant play all the PS2 games and its easy to get a few PS2 games to tie them over till some killer apps come out plus you can get some PS2 games cheap)

If you are in the UK it still might be worth getin one but dont hope that all
PS2 titles work

well if they have a gamecube chances are the PS2 wont interest them much. buy your kids a PS3, they will love you forever! lol

and plus, you can enjoy blu-ray movies on it when the kids arent playing on it. make sure to buy the 80gb model, not only does it come with a free 60 dollar game, motorstorm (an off road racing game) but it can play PS2 games, wich the 40gb model cant do. i own the 40gb model by the way and i love it!

dont even think about it, if money is no object the PS3 is the way to go. it's so worth the extra cash.

actually, i know they are impossible to find for the undedicated hunters, but the Wii is a perfect console for kids that age. just think about it. i bet youd get a kick out of it too to be honest, wether you game or not.

If you get a PS2 this year, I'm sure your kids will eventually be dissapointed due to the lack of games, since most games are being made for the PS3. . PS3 is damn well worth the extra 300. I'm sure your kids will be very very suprised that they got a PS3. Always stick to the Next-Gen. DON'T get last Gen.

yeah, agreed Canuck, if you go last gen you and your kids will regret it. i re-bought a PS2 after the next-gen consoles were out, sold it 3 months later to buy a PSP, then later a wii, then a 360, then a PS3 (sold wii) and im happy, very happy with my next gen consoles.

Back