PS3 and TV confusion.

Byuakuya

Bleach & Heroes fan.
Jan 14, 2007
Soul Society
Hey guys. I decided to create this thread so that I can receive some feedback on something that has been confusing my friend as well as myself. Since my friend is not a member of WiiChat, I thought I would ask the questions instead.
I will try and break it up into smaller sections to make it easier to answer:

My friend has an old TV (Alba, I think), but he wants to purchase a PS3. We can't seem to determine if the TV will be able to support the PS3.

Here is what I mean: He has a PS2 which works on his TV without any problems, but if some games ask to be switched to 60Htz, everything turns black and white. It is playable, but in black and white.

So we thought that the TV was only capable of running at 50Htz, but here is where the confusion begins.

When we tested out a GC game, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (which states on the cover that it is a 60Htz only game) on the Wii, we were able to play the game as if everything was normal and in full colour.

So, we can't determine if his TV can support 50Htz only, 60Htz only, or both.
Can he buy a PS3 and still be able to play it on this TV, or not?

I appreciate any input surrounding this matter.

Thank you.

- Byu

Big_League_Slugger said:
Your friend just plain out needs a new tv.
I can see where you are coming from, but he has only managed to save enough money for a PS3, so a new TV is out of the question for the time being.

Back