PS3 and Wii Controller information you should know.

CyanRussel said:
Yea, but u already kno that mo games r coming out on the wii, so maybe i say u keep an eye on it, cuz u might get interested in the wii games come in out
ex: SSBB, SMG, MP3
(I aint got no problem wit ps3, the only thing that really is hurting it, is the cost, and how much the developers are willing to develop for it on it's expensive cost.

How many developers are willing to make PC games. PCs by far are the most expensive gaming system on the market. The Playstation 3 is still in its early stages, and it has a line up of games as well. Just watch and see, sales will pick up when the seeds that were planted start to grow.

I do know the games coming out for the Wii, most dont interest me. The childish stuff isnt my thing, and the non childish stuff hasnt shown that its good yet. Only games made by nintendo seem to offer the best use of the wiimote. And the mario franchise has gotten worse in my opinion.

Wiily Good said:
Shiftfallout, you really funny.
Or pathetic, I can't make up my mind.

Yeah, i been wondering the same about you. Im not sure if your a funny fanboy, or a pathetic fanboy. I cant make up my mind.

I don't think its the fact Sony "Stole" the concept that gets to people dude.

Think its more the fact that the function wasn't mentioned until after Nintendo showed the Wiimote for the first time. Know thats what got to me anyway.

Jay61 said:
I don't think its the fact Sony "Stole" the concept that gets to people dude.

Think its more the fact that the function wasn't mentioned until after Nintendo showed the Wiimote for the first time. Know thats what got to me anyway.

That shouldnt matter however, they all got it from someone else. Sure Nintendo might or might not have encouraged them to use the already available controller. But in the end who cares as its been taken from someone else anyways and has been around for much longer. Its not a bad thing when games become more interactive, regardless of which system uses it.

The problem is, if you read a lot of discussions.. a lot of the biased fankids are saying that nintendo invented some super technology and evil sony went stealth and took it. Which is not the case.

If they really get bothered by the fact that two systems are making use of technology that was available awhile ago and use it to make games more fun.. then something is wrong with THEM.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they invented it, I'm sure they didn't, but I think it was low to stick it in last minute to try and grab some of the attention the Wii recieved.

Who Cares Who Got What First, Care About Today!

Anyone Who Argue About Consoles Are Fanboys!

MY goodness...

what a pile of drivvel...

The Interlink patent is for a remote with a trigger on the underside... now I mean come on... the "lawsuit" wont happen... its like patenting a button...

just because an image looks similar reading the brief on the lawsuit etc makes it clear that the Interlink patent covers a remote with a button underneath ("trigger") and the ability to use IR as a pointer but not the motion sensing or the depth(distance) sensing used by the WiiMote

TheRook

This is all correct, but what im concerned is:

Nintendo took the leap to use Motion Controls. Once Sony saw this they went and ditched Rumble to add it Motion Controls. Without Nintendo doing it i doubt Sony ever would of. Who cares if they took the motion controls from someone else, its Nintendo who introduced it with a huge risk into the Console Gaming.

Anyone who believes Nintendo or Sony actually invented Motion control should be shot anyways.

PtonJalken said:
This is all correct, but what im concerned is:

Nintendo took the leap to use Motion Controls. Once Sony saw this they went and ditched Rumble to add it Motion Controls. Without Nintendo doing it i doubt Sony ever would of. Who cares if they took the motion controls from someone else, its Nintendo who introduced it with a huge risk into the Console Gaming.

Anyone who believes Nintendo or Sony actually invented Motion control should be shot anyways.

the funny thing is, sony was in legal battle with immersion over the rumble feature and probably counldnt use the rumble feature then anyways. Thus it seems they needed a new controller and fast.

agreed, on that last part.

how come sony is being attacked for the rumble? didnt N64 have rumble too or are they not in the same category because their rumble was an addon pack and not built into controller?

The rumble feature was not as common with 5th generation consoles as much as it is now. I don't blame Nintendo for making it an addon-package. But now, 7th generation should all have rumble which is were I disagree with Sony.

JeremyGTS said:
how come sony is being attacked for the rumble? didnt N64 have rumble too or are they not in the same category because their rumble was an addon pack and not built into controller?

Alright, so just days after trashing rumble as a "last generation feature," it appears that Sony cut a deal with Immersion (AKA the company which owns the patents on force-feed back stuff for controllers) paving the way for them to potentially add this "last generation feature" to their next generation console. Looks like Sony more or less caved here. They're paying Immersion the full sum awarded to them by a Federal District Cour, plus interest, and the two companies have agreed to enter into a "a new business agreement to explore the inclusion of Immersion technology in PlayStation® format products." So when do we finally see rumble in the PS3?
http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/02/sony-and-immersion-settle-suit-rumble-coming-to-the-ps3/

Basically, Immersion was picking on Sony out of all the other consoles, which kind of sucks for sony. Microsft got the hint awhile back and paid off Immersion. Im not sure about nintendo.

Back