PS3 and Wii Controller information you should know.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Heres the kicker. Its not a great deal! Would you pay $250 for a gamecube with a wii remote? I know I wouldnt. Thats exactly what you're doing.

okay, so why do say your name is Wii&PS3? please tell me how wiisports is gamecube with a wii remote. im all ears.

Shitfallout y do o you u know the a difference r between e tilt and r motion e sensing t other a than r the d spelling e which d you probably didn't pick up on

I think Shitfallout is one of those people that Sony hired to create hype like they did with their movie back in the 90's

It's people like you who kepp me from getting a PS3 oh wait no it's not

WiiZero said:
Shitfallout y do o you u know the a difference r between e tilt and r motion e sensing t other a than r the d spelling e which d you probably didn't pick up on

I think Shitfallout is one of those people that Sony hired to create hype like they did with their movie back in the 90's

It's people like you who kepp me from getting a PS3 oh wait no it's not

i picked up on it, but i don't agree. i think he's just a realist who defends sony more than nintendo.

FWELR said:
i picked up on it, but i don't agree. i think he's just a realist who defends sony more than nintendo.

I tend to type fast, sometimes long posts. My head starts thinking faster than I can type and as a result i tend to butcher words fairly often. As long as the meaning gets accross i dont care as much about the typos.

Sony is attacked a lot more often than ninendo and all for the most illogical reasons. I dont think theres a lot of hate towards nintendo as a company, but for some reason fanboys tend to demonize Sony as a company, which i find very childish.

Shiftfallout said:
I tend to type fast, sometimes long posts. My head starts thinking faster than I can type and as a result i tend to butcher words fairly often. As long as the meaning gets accross i dont care as much about the typos.

Sony is attacked a lot more often than ninendo and all for the most illogical reasons. I dont think theres a lot of hate towards nintendo as a company, but for some reason fanboys tend to demonize Sony as a company, which i find very childish.

no, no. in his post, he hid the message "you are retarted" between some of his words, and i was saying that i don't agree that.

Shiftfallout said:
the funny thing is, sony was in legal battle with immersion over the rumble feature and probably counldnt use the rumble feature then anyways. Thus it seems they needed a new controller and fast.

agreed, on that last part.

Yea i know the immersion stuff. But they could of did a different rumble style (im geussing thats how nintendo/ms kept theres? :/) But anyways Sony had no plans in for Motion Sensoring, if you saw the very first model for the controller it was meant to be extremely light and a 'extension of your arm'. But once Nintendo announced the motion sensoring stuff, sonys E3 controller quickly seemed to change. :p

(and to the above - if you were talking bout shift being a fanboy, i dont think he is. Sure he tilts towards Sony it seems but hes a hella lot better then the rest of the sony fanboys)

FWELR said:
no, no. in his post, he hid the message "you are retarted" between some of his words, and i was saying that i don't agree that.

Gotcha, it was so childish and stupid i didnt even pick up on it. I thought he was just trying to type like a tard.

PtonJalken said:
Yea i know the immersion stuff. But they could of did a different rumble style (im geussing thats how nintendo/ms kept theres? :/) But anyways Sony had no plans in for Motion Sensoring, if you saw the very first model for the controller it was meant to be extremely light and a 'extension of your arm'. But once Nintendo announced the motion sensoring stuff, sonys E3 controller quickly seemed to change. :p

Well from what i know, Ninty had some pretty interesting choices for their controllers as well. Every console tends to get a set of prototype controllers, then they pick one and make it better. My guess is that after the rumble feature problem and Nintendo choosing the remote, Sony decided to scrap their prototype boomerang controller. They already had the sixaxis technology and the controller (one of their other prototypes), the real question is did Nintendo make them use it over their earlier controller. Probably, that mixed with not wanting to pay off Immersion, which they ended up having to do anyways. Or its also possible the Boomerange prototype controllers were not so popular with fans.

wiicontrollerprototypesrt3.jpg

shift, you're kind of the expert on the ps3 here, so can you explain the Sixaxis to me, cause from what i hear from the fanboys here, its just stolen nintendo tech. now, i know that's not right, so what is it really?

Shiftfallout said:
Gotcha, it was so childish and stupid i didnt even pick up on it. I thought he was just trying to type like a tard.

Can you explain what was childish the "You are retarded" was just a joke read the acctual message

You know a lot but you confuse fact with opinion

WiiZero said:
Can you explain what was childish the "You are retarded" was just a joke read the acctual message

You know a lot but you confuse fact with opinion

I read your post and its very childish. Dont think im the only one actually to think so. I dont confuse fact with opinion, considering i tend to research information before i make an opinion of it, then when i do give opinion i tend to give factual backing. You will learn this once you get through college. (hypothesis, claim, statement tagged with concrete backing of information)

FWELR said:
shift, you're kind of the expert on the ps3 here, so can you explain the Sixaxis to me, cause from what i hear from the fanboys here, its just stolen nintendo tech. now, i know that's not right, so what is it really?

Sure.

First its important to note that Sony had filed a patent for the name "Sixaxis" before Nintendo announced the wiimote. So we know they already had something in developement with the name sixaxis. This is a fact.

The name suggest that sony did have a controller already planned with motion and tilt control before Nintendos announcement of the wiimote. Not saying who had it first, because thats pointless. Just that both companies were dealing with similar technology at the time and had similar plans.

The boomerange was merely a concept controller to add to the "cool" factor of PS3. They announced it was most likely not going to be that exact controller.

Getting into what the SIXAXIS is... basically as the name suggest it senses the tilt and roll of left and right, forward and back, and the movement of up and down...ect

It senses movement in six degrees. The wiimote senses movement of the wiimote via the sensor bar, which can tell movement when the controller gets closer and farther away from the bar.

The PS3 controller itself senses the movement, not the distance. So the technologies, though fairly similar at first glance both take a different approach.

This is why the PS3 controller has a faster reaction time, however it lacks the freedom of movement the Wiimote can achieve.

Wiimote:
Imagine being in a pitch black room, and someone accross from you lights a glowstick. The glow stick represents the wiimote, and you, the viewer are the wii sensor bar. You watch and register as the remote is moved up and down, closer and farther. You can map the movement based on what you see.

Sixaxis:
Now imagine you are in a box, much like an elevator. You close your eyes. The box/elevator thing moves up and down. You cant see the movement, but you can feel it. Then it goes left and right, you feel the movement. If the box goes up fast, you feel more pressure, if it goes up slow, you feel less pressure. If it tilts you feel the box tilt.

The neon stick is the wiimote. The elevator box is the PS3 sixaxis. They both approach motion sensing in different ways, each one has its strengths and weakenesses. Its clear they are not the same, but can achieve similar results.

good analogy eh? =) thats exactly how it works too.

very good analogy. that helps a lot. but how does it work in games like motor storm or resistence.

Back