PS3 Better than 360, Heres the Reasons

NintendoGamer

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

- PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

- The Cost of the PS3 is too expensive. NOT TRUE. Take a look at this.
Before Taxes
PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

XBox360 - 399.99 For just the Xbox360 and a controller.
199.99 For the HD-DVD player
19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW

NintendoGamer said:
Don't get me wrong, I would love an XBox360, but here are hard facts that you have to get.

- PS3 gets criticism of how its defective, it just launched a month ago, and remember all the 360 crashes when it launched? Every system has its fair share of defectives

Before Taxes
PS3 - 659.99 includes Blu-Ray, and all the extra stuff you gotta buy for XBox, including free online (although not as good as Xboxlive, but still its free, So it kinda cancels out a little)

19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

Everyone is buying into the marketing tricks the 360 is using. You are paying just about the same price.

All in all, your paying just about the same price for a 360, when its not as powerful as a PS3.

PS : PS3 Has some really good games lined up so don't even say that the 360 has flat out better games in Halo and GoW

1) Lmao did you just put "intercoolers" in the list. That piece of crap is hardly a required accessory. And having the high def disc format optional alone is why the 360 is going to be more successful in the long run.

2) I'm glad your anime/rpg lovefest is going to be fulfilled by the ps3, but I think many could argue that there aren't many good games coming to the ps3 for quite a while.

3) Every console is criticized for it's defects, so cry more about people saying some ps3's are faulty.

4) Accessories and Modifications of the xbox 360 can only be seen as a positive.

plus, if youre not into the hd thing and just wanna stick to dvd, you dont have to fork out the 200 for the hdd... and if you have to get it down the road when hd becomes the major format, the hdd will obviously go down in price

ocdan said:
plus, if youre not into the hd thing and just wanna stick to dvd, you dont have to fork out the 200 for the hdd... and if you have to get it down the road when hd becomes the major format, the hdd will obviously go down in price

Not to mention by that time Microsoft will probably begin pre-developement of the next console.

And imagine how hard sony is going to blow if blu-ray tanks.

Dell backs it in the sense that they have like 1 computer that comes with a blu-ray player.

Most of the non movie production companies backin blu-ray are Intel/Microsoft food.

NintendoGamer said:
19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive
Xbox Live is free, only the "Gold Level" or whatever costs additional money.

ocdan said:

Yeah when HDDVD goes down, so does the price of a PS3.
Vagrant, how the f**k does optional HDDVD make it an instant sucess? Retard....

vagrant said:
1) Lmao did you just put "intercoolers" in the list. That piece of crap is hardly a required accessory. And having the high def disc format optional alone is why the 360 is going to be more successful in the long run.

2) I'm glad your anime/rpg lovefest is going to be fulfilled by the ps3, but I think many could argue that there aren't many good games coming to the ps3 for quite a while.

3) Every console is criticized for it's defects, so cry more about people saying some ps3's are faulty.

4) Accessories and Modifications of the xbox 360 can only be seen as a positive.

Yeah, that part didnt make any sense. Some people love RPGs. Glad your XBox360 can be filled by FPS...

NintendoGamer said:
Yeah, that part didnt make any sense. Some people love RPGs. Glad your XBox360 can be filled by FPS...

Yes I am glad also. As are the 7+ million other who have bought it.

And clearly you are retarded. Is it not self explanitory why it is better to have it optional? Not everyone gives a **** about high def video players. In fact it is clear that most don't.

The fact is, hddvd/blu-ray are good for one thing really, and that is storage medium. Other than that, people are more than fine watching dvd's in 420p.

I'm no 360 fan, but the 360 is better because it has HD out of the box. For PS3 you have to buy a HDMI cable that is NOT INCLUDED! that can run from $50 to $100 depending on the length that you need. That's already pushing $700 already!! High Def movies you say...the movies these days suck anyway so I could care less!!

Master Foot said:
I'm no 360 fan, but the 360 is better because it has HD out of the box. For PS3 you have to buy a HDMI cable that is NOT INCLUDED! that can run from $50 to $100 depending on the length that you need. That's already pushing $700 already!! High Def movies you say...the movies these days suck anyway so I could care less!!

HDMI cable sells for as low as $9.99 plus shipping from Amazon. 10 feet should be enough for most applications.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002L5R7S/ref=dp_olp_3/002-6643770-0464830

Only a total dumba$$ would pay $50~$100 for a HDMI cable.

NintendoGamer said:

Before Taxes

19.99 Intercoolers
50.00 For XBoxLive

k, well your first one means nothing
you dont need xbox live gold and you really dont need an intercooler.. and its an option for the CHEAP hd drive not forcing it on to you like the ps3 making you pay way more ($200 for hddrive is a great price right now)..you say: gotta buy for 360, when you dont..at all.. im sorry, but at the risk of sounding mean, your post is RETARDED.
just cause 360 gives you CHOICE and dosent force stuff onto you, dosent mean its worse...if anything your making the 360 look better and making the ps3 look like a mini dictatorship

360 gets the FPSs because people like the FPSs, dont blame 360, blame the consumer, people like kiddie games on nintendo systems, so thats why nintendo gets kiddie games, your just prooving the difference between consumers who are interested in what
^----\/ not related
you cant bring games into a console war really, because thats the consumers opinion..unless you want to bring the fact that sony devs are making their titles for 360 too. (go read ign)

and ddslee, he wasnt really wrong, he said they can run $50-100 which is correct, dosent mean all of them are, and for the ps3 specific cables..BAM: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Monster-Cable-PS3-HDMI-10/dp/B000JL8Z4I

another thing, you say people are falling into 360s marketing tricks, all though blu-ray is being forced which will probably fail like the betamax

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
k, well your first one means nothing
you dont need xbox live gold and you really dont need an intercooler.. and its an option for the CHEAP hd drive not forcing it on to you like the ps3 making you pay way more ($200 for hddrive is a great price right now)..you say: gotta buy for 360, when you dont..at all.. im sorry, but at the risk of sounding mean, your post is RETARDED.
just cause 360 gives you CHOICE and dosent force stuff onto you, dosent mean its worse...if anything your making the 360 look better and making the ps3 look like a mini dictatorship

360 gets the FPSs because people like the FPSs, dont blame 360, blame the consumer, people like kiddie games on nintendo systems, so thats why nintendo gets kiddie games, your just prooving the difference between consumers who are interested in what
^----\/ not related
you cant bring games into a console war really, because thats the consumers opinion..unless you want to bring the fact that sony devs are making their titles for 360 too. (go read ign)

and ddslee, he wasnt really wrong, he said they can run $50-100 which is correct, dosent mean all of them are, and for the ps3 specific cables..BAM: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Monster-Cable-PS3-HDMI-10/dp/B000JL8Z4I

another thing, you say people are falling into 360s marketing tricks, all though blu-ray is being forced which will probably fail like the betamax

wow sovieto I might end up liking you afterall.

Back