Ps3 Blinking Issue Exposed and Fixed(sort of)

dedpoet777

\/\/ii'd Out For Life
Dec 20, 2006
Surfside Beach, SC
Wii Online Code
0792-2476-6769-9631
yet another display of sony hard at work. the juice of the video starts at about 1:25 into the video. that is where the fun starts. i know if i pay 600 for a console i want it to do this for sure.....what are your thoughts?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj_gEwHOQEI[/MEDIA]

It's like a really slow strobe light. Adds a new challenge to gameplay.

It looks like it's not synchronizing to the display clock properly.

Cabling issue? No sync, no image. (Or, that).

Mine hasnt done it with hdmi. I was getting some lines with component, but that was due to poor shielding on the cables.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Mine hasnt done it with hdmi. I was getting some lines with component, but that was due to poor shielding on the cables.

Man must be some poor quality cables.

Wii&Ps3 said:
they were cheap ones from gamestop. They worked fine without the cable line plugged in.

Yeah gamestop's stuff usually sucks. Their premium ones are usually decent but not anywhere near the prices they want for 'em. I'll stick to my 3rd parties.

lol blinking - I'm sorry, but if I had spent £600 or how ever much a PS3 cost and it didn't work - I would hand it back to Sony and get my cash back.

I really didn't realise how big the PS3 is until I saw it next to a CD!

Haz said:
lol blinking - I'm sorry, but if I had spent £600 or how ever much a PS3 cost and it didn't work - I would hand it back to Sony and get my cash back.

I really didn't realise how big the PS3 is until I saw it next to a CD!

Yeah its a %$^%$ monster, hell its bigger than the 360. May as well just get a computer, takes up the same amount of space and has tons of better games, not to mention graphics.

acphydro said:
Yeah its a %$^%$ monster, hell its bigger than the 360. May as well just get a computer, takes up the same amount of space and has tons of better games, not to mention graphics.
omg yes it is. its the titanic of video game consoles. in fact mac mini computers are smaller than that and a hell of a lot more powerful, rocking core 2 duos in them. and yes pc graphics smoke that thing by far. my boy has a gig of graphics and his games look like the damn final fantasy cg movie. sony originally said theyd have a gig in the thing. i think 256 falls just a bit short of that. its gpu is almost exactly like the 360, just a bit faster. they could have at least put 512 in it for 600 bucks.

dedpoet777 said:
omg yes it is. its the titanic of video game consoles. in fact mac mini computers are smaller than that and a hell of a lot more powerful, rocking core 2 duos in them. and yes pc graphics smoke that thing by far. my boy has a gig of graphics and his games look like the damn final fantasy cg movie. sony originally said theyd have a gig in the thing. i think 256 falls just a bit short of that. its gpu is almost exactly like the 360, just a bit faster. they could have at least put 512 in it for 600 bucks.

It IS the titanic of video game consoles. Hell my PC is only worth about $700 and BLOWS that PS3 away in terms of pure power and graphics. Not to mention storage space, burning capabilities, and many other PC/Internet abilities.

My $300 PC with some upgrades is cheaper, and more powerful than a PS3. I'm reminded when the Captain of the Titanic threw out the extra life boats. He says something like, "The Titanic is the most advanced ship in the world!" It's also Sony's fault for not realizing HDMI TVs are a beast to figure out sometimes.

5 years later and HDMI TVs are still costly. It's the perfect merger of high prices for technology too advanced to work right.

Back