PS3 "blown away" by Wii according to MSNBC

Yea, Wii will probably match or pass xbox360 sales eventually.

i didnt realize xbox360 was loosing $ per console also Oo

I think Microsoft won most of this year in units sold. But by August 2007 Nintendo can clear past 10 million. I'm also pretty sure a 360 price drop would destroy Sony who can't drop their system price for 4 years.

sagema said:
I think Microsoft won most of this year in units sold. But by August 2007 Nintendo can clear past 10 million. I'm also pretty sure a 360 price drop would destroy Sony who can't drop their system price for 4 years.

definitly, when xbox drops some more it could spell MORE trouble for sony

My friend and I did a comparison. If you use all of the features for a Sony PS3, compared to an Xbox 360, the PS3 is a better deal. It's great for people with HDTVs. It actually plays SACDs and MP3 DVDs! You get an HD video player, compatibility with thousands of great legacy games (backward compatibility improves with each update - the "pixel flipping" issue is long gone), and free online multiplay. The Xbox 360 on the average, due to the lack of free online multiplay alone, costs more money in the long term. Not to mention the recharge packs needed if you want to make the controllers rechargable (or the cost to replace batteries).

SuperH said:
My friend and I did a comparison. If you use all of the features for a Sony PS3, compared to an Xbox 360, the PS3 is a better deal. It's great for people with HDTVs. It actually plays SACDs and MP3 DVDs! You get an HD video player, compatibility with thousands of great legacy games (backward compatibility improves with each update - the "pixel flipping" issue is long gone), and free online multiplay. The Xbox 360 on the average, due to the lack of free online multiplay alone, costs more money in the long term. Not to mention the recharge packs needed if you want to make the controllers rechargable (or the cost to replace batteries).

This is something you must consider when buying the console. If all you want to do is play games then you are forced to buy all the other stuff that comes along with the PS3. But for those who want the entire package it really is a good deal.

I don't think most people argue that for what you get with PS3, it is a good deal, the bluray player alone pays for the console at this point.
However, for the vast majority of us who don't care about that stuff, it has no perceived value for us, meaning it's overpriced for what we want to do.
MS got it right offering HD DVD as an addon, gives those who want it the option, but the rest of us are not forced to pay for something we don't want.

You know what hurt PS2 sales? I remember when DVD players started getting really cheap. My sister bought a DVD player instead of a PS2 for that very reason. If Sony's not careful people will eventually buy Blue Ray players when they drop down to the $200 range. It won't be $1000 forever. Unlike the PS3, blue ray players will drop in price year on year.

Yeah that's right, I don't know why they add all that stuff in the console, is it a video game console or a computer? all of that blu ray and all of that makes a game slow and with bad gameplay..oh but yeah, that's right, I forgot all that matters is graphics..graphics are for noobs, gameplay for veterans.

Back