Ps3 breaks record in Europe.

This information is no big surprise but good pick anyway. Sticker prices and MSRPs throw off buyers many times compared to other factors.

I dont think anyone expects it to beat a world record. There will always be more honda civics sold than porches. General economics says the cheaper will sell more than the more expensive option, however that does not determine the success or longetivity of a product. The PS3 will out last the wii, because the Wii is like a quick fix system. It already is outdated and will continue to be more so within a few years. The PS3 is setting the stage for a big next gen gaming campaign, while targeting the older audiences. I think overtime the PS3 will outsell the Wii, but right now I could go out and buy another Wii and I wouldnt even feel it in my bank acount. If i went out and bought a ps3 i might see a little tiny dent. Thats the difference.

You get what you pay for. Just remember that. You spend more on a ps3 you get a better product. You spend a little on a wii and you get an old product that costs them jack shiz to make.

Shiftfallout said:
I dont think anyone expects it to beat a world record. There will always be more honda civics sold than porches. General economics says the cheaper will sell more than the more expensive option, however that does not determine the success or longetivity of a product. The PS3 will out last the wii, because the Wii is like a quick fix system. It already is outdated and will continue to be more so within a few years. The PS3 is setting the stage for a big next gen gaming campaign, while targeting the older audiences. I think overtime the PS3 will outsell the Wii, but right now I could go out and buy another Wii and I wouldnt even feel it in my bank acount. If i went out and bought a ps3 i might see a little tiny dent. Thats the difference.

You get what you pay for. Just remember that. You spend more on a ps3 you get a better product. You spend a little on a wii and you get an old product that costs them jack shiz to make.

We here this same thing from you in every thread involving economics.. And im sure lots will be remembering it when this doesnt happen. Your whole 'General Economics' thing does not mean it will happen. Its what 'Usually' Happens. And as MANY sites have said, the Wii is unexplainable. As for Xbox360, im finally getting my Part-time job so ill be buying that within a month.. maybe Ps3 down ze road.

Anyways, about the sales stuff. Sounds cool, but ill wait for official news.

Shiftfallout said:
I dont think anyone expects it to beat a world record. There will always be more honda civics sold than porches.
You like your car analogies. Pity, they're not always relevant. PS3's aren't as stupidly expensive as porches, you do not need to earn quite as much for a PS3 as a porche, ergo one is not solely associated with people with so much money that they feel their egos are more important than supporting local economies. Don't get me wrong, PS3's are relatively expensive, but comparing the Heinz brand overpriced style (i.e. higher priced product for what it is) to porches is ludicrus. There's many more people in the world that cannot afford a porche to ones that cannot afford a PS3, just like there's more people in the world that cannot afford to buy PS3 over the amount of people who cannot afford the Heinz bands.

General economics says the cheaper will sell more than the more expensive option, however that does not determine the success or longetivity of a product.
If that was always true, then brand labels in supermarkets would always sell worse than own-brand stuff. Not always true.

The PS3 will out last the wii, because the Wii is like a quick fix system.
Is there anything wrong with that? Sure, it may seem like Wii is a quick-fix system, but by the same token, it's still a massive landmark in game consoles. Without the wiimote for instance, would the PS3 have motion sensing? Given the fact that many developers didn't actually know about sixaxis before E3 '06, I think the hype surrounding the Wii effected something there.

It already is outdated and will continue to be more so within a few years.
What do you mean by outdated? Sure it doesn't strive to be top dog in the latest in technology, but does that really mean outdated? Outdated is usually reserved for items that are stopping selling because of something else that does things better. We don't seem to be seeing that. Besides, the problem that you're trying to create is not accidental. It's a feature - designed and planned that way. It was not a mistake, it was a choice. I think everyone needs to remember that.

The PS3 is setting the stage for a big next gen gaming campaign, while targeting the older audiences.
By older, do you happen to mean 20-30 year old males? That and more is the range of the Wii. Way more. As for setting the stage, I think it's a little too early to say for sure there. You don't happen to work for any studio that has links with Sony do you? Tristar/Columbia for example?

I think overtime the PS3 will outsell the Wii, but right now I could go out and buy another Wii and I wouldnt even feel it in my bank acount.
Which is a good thing for those that don't have your bank account.

If i went out and bought a ps3 i might see a little tiny dent. Thats the difference.
So what, you automatically assume that more expensive is better?

You get what you pay for. Just remember that.
In some cases. Heck if it were universally true, then nobody would get scammed. Likewise, if something's on offer, you don't get less of it.

You spend more on a ps3 you get a better product.
A better product in terms of what? Graphics? Gameplay? Controls? Fun?

You spend a little on a wii and you get an old product that costs them jack shiz to make.
So if you're so down on the Wii, why come here? Besides, I've never seen a Wii on the market before 8/12/06. Doesn't seem all that old to me. Sure the technology maybe from a few years ago, but then is the machine just the sum of it's parts, or is it something more? I vow the latter. Afterall, a bicycle is just a frame, pedals, brakes, saddle, wheels etc, but it can still outrun the average human.

What do you mean by outdated? Sure it doesn't strive to be top dog in the latest in technology, but does that really mean outdated? Outdated is usually reserved for items that are stopping selling because of something else that does things better. We don't seem to be seeing that. Besides, the problem that you're trying to create is not accidental. It's a feature - designed and planned that way. It was not a mistake, it was a choice. I think everyone needs to remember that.

Poor graphics and not much room to expand. Yes it is outdated.

By older, do you happen to mean 20-30 year old males? That and more is the range of the Wii. Way more. As for setting the stage, I think it's a little too early to say for sure there. You don't happen to work for any studio that has links with Sony do you? Tristar/Columbia for example?

The wii is for kids. The ps3 is for a mature audience. Look at the games. You cant walk down a nintendo aisle without tripping over 75% kids games.

A better product in terms of what? Graphics? Gameplay? Controls? Fun?

Better built, more features, free online, better games, arent forced with motion sensing in every single game, graphics, more potential, and the remote doesnt take aa batteries.

Last edited:
I think what people dont see in the PS3 is, it has a rechargable controller battery out of the box. All the other consoles you have to buy it seperatly unless you want to buy batteries, which are really expensive.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Poor graphics and not much room to expand. Yes it is outdated.
Sure, there are some games that are a let down, but some of the graphics on the Wii have been decent. Besides, when you cap the limit on the graphics, it just forces everything else to evolve faster, because otherwise the games won't sell. Besides, the PS3 has no impressed me all that much so far. But then both of those are mostly down to the developers themselves. Using ports, porting PS2 versions and providing mostly updates aren't exactly the way to measure a console's graphical perfromance.

The wii is for kids. The ps3 is for a mature audience. Look at the games. You cant walk down a nintendo aisle without tripping over 75% kids games.
What do you desribe as "kids games" then? There's quite a few "T" rated games, not to mention a good few "M" rated ones too. That figure will only grow too. Don't confuse violence, guts and swearing with "mature". Oh, and also, you'd do well to realise that target audiences are different from actual audiences. Sure, Mario may seem cute to you, but it's still got a good nostalgia mixed with freshness for many others.

Better built, more features, free online, better games, arent forced with motion sensing in every single game, graphics, more potential, and the remote doesnt take aa batteries.
Ok, better build - debatable. Care to wager by droping your PS3 from various heights until it breaks? More features - Not sure about this one. As far as I can tell, it's blow for blow here. Free online - You do realise that the Wii has this also right? Do you know much about the Wii? Better games - debatable by far. There's literally nothing that really interests me on the PS3 right now, and for the foreseeable future, and I think it's the same for quite a few others too. Motion Sensing in every game - Ye, because motion sensing is a total gimmick hey? Sure, some people could have implemented it better, but at this stage, it's more testing how the wiimote could be used. Besides, on some games, you have the option of using the Gamecube controller/classic controller. Graphics - Considering we've mostly seen ports so far, I think the best is still to come. Besides, you equate the graphics with the system. In 2001, the release of the Gamecube, Capcom wouldn't have been able to do Resident Evil 4. It's the latter games like that that are also being ported over, and to be fair, it doesn't detract from the game at all. Resident Evil 4 is still fun to play even 2 years down the road. More Potential - Possibly, possibly not, but in the end, the PS3 is also a very big risk factor, since it doubles as a wedge for Blu-ray into the homes. Remote batteries - So what? In terms of downpoints, I think this one is not all that bad. Sure, you could get rechargables or a dock charger, the possibilities are down to the individual. Personally, I got a couple of charging docks. Sure a little extra money, but in the end, it's serving me quite well, and I know they'll work even after the PS4/Wii2/PS5/Wii6 will be around, because they're replacable.

Squall7 said:
Sure, there are some games that are a let down, but some of the graphics on the Wii have been decent. Besides, when you cap the limit on the graphics, it just forces everything else to evolve faster, because otherwise the games won't sell. Besides, the PS3 has no impressed me all that much so far. But then both of those are mostly down to the developers themselves. Using ports, porting PS2 versions and providing mostly updates aren't exactly the way to measure a console's graphical perfromance.
They ported PS2 games? Well anyways, your a hard but easy guy to please. I thought resistance, for a launch game, was amazing. Theres so much depth to it, more then any other game. I dont see how that game couldnt be impressive. Honestly, what was bad about it? Graphics were sharp, game play was smooth, it was pretty fun to. It has to be a real bad thing, not "It bored me" or "Didnt look as good as gears of war."

What do you desribe as "kids games" then? There's quite a few "T" rated games, not to mention a good few "M" rated ones too. That figure will only grow too. Don't confuse violence, guts and swearing with "mature". Oh, and also, you'd do well to realise that target audiences are different from actual audiences. Sure, Mario may seem cute to you, but it's still got a good nostalgia mixed with freshness for many others.
Mario is Nintendo's sex. Mario sells.

Ok, better build - debatable. Care to wager by droping your PS3 from various heights until it breaks?
Yes i would. You drop your Wii and see how little it takes to break that. Did you see the guy that smashed a PS3 with a sledge hammer? The PS3 was barely chipped. Some one hit their Wii with the remote and it wouldnt read disc's. I will so take you on, and win! The PS3 is sturdy.

More features - Not sure about this one. As far as I can tell, it's blow for blow here.
No. Are you talking about the PS2:Wii or the PS3:Wii? I can give you a list of PS3 features and Wii features, let you tally that up. Wii will fall way short of PS3.

Free online - You do realise that the Wii has this also right? Do you know much about the Wii?
Yes, yes i do. The online features didnt impress me. Everybody votes channel, sucked. Internet channel, kinda lame. VC game downloads, i have a crappy PC but it can still run 64 and back, its really a stupid feature. Online is pointless, i dont think they will have many online games.

Better games - debatable by far. There's literally nothing that really interests me on the PS3 right now, and for the foreseeable future, and I think it's the same for quite a few others too.
I dont know. I think the Wii games kinda blow. Personal opinion i suppose.

Motion Sensing in every game - Ye, because motion sensing is a total gimmick hey? Sure, some people could have implemented it better, but at this stage, it's more testing how the wiimote could be used. Besides, on some games, you have the option of using the Gamecube controller/classic controller.
My arm gets tired of using the Wiimote, I prefer double analog with buttons. Or a keyboard/mouse. Since the PS3 can use keyboards and mice, you could set up games to use them too.

Graphics - Considering we've mostly seen ports so far, I think the best is still to come. Besides, you equate the graphics with the system. In 2001, the release of the Gamecube, Capcom wouldn't have been able to do Resident Evil 4. It's the latter games like that that are also being ported over, and to be fair, it doesn't detract from the game at all. Resident Evil 4 is still fun to play even 2 years down the road.
On the PS2. Oh sorry, I meant 3, PS3. Upscale that sucker to 1080p. While the Wii is getting ports from the GC, good for you Wii, the PS3 is not. The PS2 games all look really good anyways. RE4, just for the controller, lame. How many times are they gonna do that? Zelda, RE4, how many copies of the same game do you need?

More Potential - Possibly, possibly not, but in the end, the PS3 is also a very big risk factor, since it doubles as a wedge for Blu-ray into the homes.
There is no "possibly not" about it. The PS3 has already shut the pie holes of soooo many people. "It cant upscale old games" potentialy it could, and did, and how! The Wii has no more potential. What it does is what it does, thats it.

Remote batteries - So what? In terms of downpoints, I think this one is not all that bad. Sure, you could get rechargables or a dock charger, the possibilities are down to the individual. Personally, I got a couple of charging docks. Sure a little extra money, but in the end, it's serving me quite well, and I know they'll work even after the PS4/Wii2/PS5/Wii6 will be around, because they're replacable.
Ok, first people complain cause they think the PS3 controller battery is non-removable but you can, they have instructions telling you how to. Now your saying you would rather pay extra to GET a rechargable bettery rather then have it supplied? If the PS3 came with batteries, you would be haveing a feild day with it. It doesnt even need a seperate charging thing, you just plug it into the PS3 and it charges. The PS3 battery wil be around cause its also replacable.

Bronze is not worth more then gold. PS3 is fort freakin nox.

The only game with decent graphics ive seen is zelda, and its nothing better than a gamecube could have done. I remember seeing screens a long long time ago ago about the new zelda that looked awesome, and it really made me look forward to it. After the game was released I was disappointed. Graphics arent everything, but I just bought a new console and it felt like I was playing a gamecube.

Resistance graphics are great and that was just a launch game. Besides resistance there are not many good games for the ps3. Some good games graphically, but nothing really that fun. Just some crappy ports. Warhawk is awesome, but graphics are not the best. However screens and videos from some upcoming games for the ps3 look incredible. I made a thread a couple weeks back showing some videos for gamers day. Take a look at some of the videos in there, and if that doesnt impress you, then you should save up for virtual reality.

cartoon style games I consider for kids. Nintendo is known for having family stlye games. Which is fine for some people, but I would rather play games made for a more mature audience. There will always be "t" and "m" games for nintendo consoles, but most are for kids. Mario is not cute to me. It was fun on the original nintendo, but its been played out for a very long time. I do like some cartoon style games. I plan on buying the new ratchet and clank when its released, but that game looks beautiful graphically. Plus the creators also made resistance fall of man, so I know its going to be a great game for the ps3.

Ok, better build - debatable. Care to wager by droping your PS3 from various heights until it breaks? More features - Not sure about this one. As far as I can tell, it's blow for blow here. Free online - You do realise that the Wii has this also right? Do you know much about the Wii? Better games - debatable by far. There's literally nothing that really interests me on the PS3 right now, and for the foreseeable future, and I think it's the same for quite a few others too. Motion Sensing in every game - Ye, because motion sensing is a total gimmick hey? Sure, some people could have implemented it better, but at this stage, it's more testing how the wiimote could be used. Besides, on some games, you have the option of using the Gamecube controller/classic controller. Graphics - Considering we've mostly seen ports so far, I think the best is still to come. Besides, you equate the graphics with the system. In 2001, the release of the Gamecube, Capcom wouldn't have been able to do Resident Evil 4. It's the latter games like that that are also being ported over, and to be fair, it doesn't detract from the game at all. Resident Evil 4 is still fun to play even 2 years down the road. More Potential - Possibly, possibly not, but in the end, the PS3 is also a very big risk factor, since it doubles as a wedge for Blu-ray into the homes. Remote batteries - So what? In terms of downpoints, I think this one is not all that bad. Sure, you could get rechargables or a dock charger, the possibilities are down to the individual. Personally, I got a couple of charging docks. Sure a little extra money, but in the end, it's serving me quite well, and I know they'll work even after the PS4/Wii2/PS5/Wii6 will be around, because they're replacable.

Ever see the video of the guy hitting the ps3 with a sledge hammer? It took a few blows to do any real damage. My buddy dropped his ps3 about 2 1/2 feet on hardwood floors and didnt any damage to it. Ive never dropped my wii, but I can honestly say it would not hold up as well as the ps3. The wii feels cheap. I dont expect anymore from it, because it was only $250.

If the wii had the ability to allow me to use either a regular remote or the wiimote I would much happier. I dont want to be stuck playing almost every game with that remote. It makes games like wii sports or mario party fun, but ruined games like red steel, cod, and zelda. I think the wiimote is a fad and people will get sick of it. I know I am. My 4 year old nephew came over last week and played the wii for about 10 minutes and put it down. When I first got it he could sit there for hours playing wii sports. If a 4 year old is getting bored of the wii, what will older people say? The younger crowd is where most of the sales will come from. I dont even think the wiimote works that well. Its accurate to a certain degree, but it lacks alot. The sixaxis is simple and it works well. No need for any special sensors on top of the tv either. Maybe im just an old fashioned guy who likes to play games on a remote than flailing my arms all over the place to get my player to swing a sword or aim a gun.

I believe the ps3 has alot more potential than the wii. The online on the ps3 is great, and will never cost me a dime. Home will make the ps3 even better when that is released in the fall. Home is not just a place where you can walk around and talk to people. It will impliment alot of things into games as well. The new ps eye looks pretty awesome as well. Did you know you will be able to hook up your ps eye at home, and watch what it sees from anywhere in the world on your psp? Its things like that will help make the ps3 a success. The wii lacks things like this and its why I like the ps3 more.

Blu ray is not going anywhere for a very long time. Its selling too well to be the bext betamax or minidisk. Looks how many blu ray players there are in the world? Blu ray software is outselling hd dvd by a landslide. There is alot more companies supporting blu ray than hd dvd. Sony did take a risk, but its paying off nicely.

To sum it up I was bitten by the the wii bug back in November, but the ps3 was my medicine and made me see clearly again. You might think im a fanboy, but I own both consoles and can make realistic comparisons of the two.

GamerCon said:
They ported PS2 games? Well anyways, your a hard but easy guy to please. I thought resistance, for a launch game, was amazing. Theres so much depth to it, more then any other game. I dont see how that game couldnt be impressive. Honestly, what was bad about it? Graphics were sharp, game play was smooth, it was pretty fun to. It has to be a real bad thing, not "It bored me" or "Didnt look as good as gears of war."
Well, they released the PS2 build of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Then there's ones that haven't been released yet, like Okami and Mortal Kombat Armageddon (though the latter, I will buy because of the Wii controls). What I look for in a game is storyline, music, gameplay, classic moments etc... I can get that without the graphics update. I do go back to even the N64 era sometimes and play on that. Not to mention the NES session I had last week.

Mario is Nintendo's sex. Mario sells.
Lol. Mario does sell, but one has to wonder why it sells. It's both because of the character, but more importantly the quality of the games. If the games were crap, the character would either be avoided or not remembered.

Yes i would. You drop your Wii and see how little it takes to break that. Did you see the guy that smashed a PS3 with a sledge hammer? The PS3 was barely chipped. Some one hit their Wii with the remote and it wouldnt read disc's. I will so take you on, and win! The PS3 is sturdy.
My bad. I never watched the "Smash my". Are you sure about the wii smashing, I've accidentally dropped it before, and mine still works...

No. Are you talking about the PS2:Wii or the PS3:Wii? I can give you a list of PS3 features and Wii features, let you tally that up. Wii will fall way short of PS3.
Depends what you mean by features really. I was thinking stuff like online play, downloading old games, internet browsing, motion controls. If it's stuff like Blu-ray, would it be a feature, or would it be part of the main build. Considering "features" are usually about the extra stuff it can do. I'll rephrase my point then. "As far as I can tell, it's almost blow for blow here."

Yes, yes i do. The online features didnt impress me. Everybody votes channel, sucked. Internet channel, kinda lame. VC game downloads, i have a crappy PC but it can still run 64 and back, its really a stupid feature. Online is pointless, i dont think they will have many online games.
Everybody votes channel is kinda fun. Obviously not a system selling feature, but I found it interesting regardless. Internet channel, kinda cool. Surfing on the settee quite nice. Though pity I can't stream certain videos from the net onto it. VC downloads, good if you actually want to support Nintendo, and playing legally. Sure, if you don't mind breaking the law, then I can see it being a bit disappointing. The number of games that feature online (whether multiplayer or just updates) seems to be growing. Metroid and Brawl are thought to have online capabilities. Same with some other ones, like Pokemon, Battalion Wars etc... I think online will be there, I just prefer to actually see it in full swing before passing judgement on whether it's good or not.

I dont know. I think the Wii games kinda blow. Personal opinion i suppose.
Fair enough.

My arm gets tired of using the Wiimote, I prefer double analog with buttons. Or a keyboard/mouse. Since the PS3 can use keyboards and mice, you could set up games to use them too.
Fair enough. Though I think it's another personal preference. I never really got into PC gaming much, which is why I was never fond of the keyboard and mouse setup. Dual analgue was good, but I felt the Gamecube controller felt more comfortable for some reason.

On the PS2. Oh sorry, I meant 3, PS3. Upscale that sucker to 1080p. While the Wii is getting ports from the GC, good for you Wii, the PS3 is not. The PS2 games all look really good anyways. RE4, just for the controller, lame. How many times are they gonna do that? Zelda, RE4, how many copies of the same game do you need?
Depends on if you have the original or not. I had the PS2 version, but the graphics on that weren't as good as the Gamecube's version. The Wii version seems to combine the extra features of the PS2 version and the Graphics of the GC version. As for Zelda, I never even played the GC version, but it did feel good playing the Wii version. As for the ports themselves, I think everyone wants developers to calm down with the ports, and at least EA and Ubisoft have admitted their fault. Still it shows there is demand for the Wii, regardless of ports, and very good selling ground for original titles.

There is no "possibly not" about it. The PS3 has already shut the pie holes of soooo many people. "It cant upscale old games" potentialy it could, and did, and how! The Wii has no more potential. What it does is what it does, thats it.
I don't know really, I mean, what more can the PS3 do? I think the Wii at least could add to the new control scheme. Heck, people have supposedly found something else in the Wii, Last I heard it was some sort of voice recognition technology (might be bogus, never followed it up, because it didn't particularly interest me).

Ok, first people complain cause they think the PS3 controller battery is non-removable but you can, they have instructions telling you how to. Now your saying you would rather pay extra to GET a rechargable bettery rather then have it supplied? If the PS3 came with batteries, you would be haveing a feild day with it. It doesnt even need a seperate charging thing, you just plug it into the PS3 and it charges. The PS3 battery wil be around cause its also replacable.
ps3_015.jpg
My bad. I'll delete the comment from the original post if you like. Though I was not saying I would rather pay more money to get a rechargable battery, just that it's a possibility. If you're going on it all the time, you may want to have it charger. If you prefer having it out at parties and such, you may want regular batteries - at least you can replace them without having to wait for them to charge. Also, the fact that the rechargable battery packs on the Wii are very easily installable. But, like I said before, if you wish, I'll delete that part of my original post.

Bronze is not worth more then gold. PS3 is fort freakin nox.
Ah, depends on what the person values it as. Personally, I'm happy with my Wii. Dont' need a PS3 (I may have just had bad experiences with certain games, but the graphics don't seem as impressive as some make out), and it would just sit on the shelf for at least a year, if not more.

Also, "One man's rubbish is another man's treasure". All subjective.

Wii&Ps3 said:
The only game with decent graphics ive seen is zelda, and its nothing better than a gamecube could have done. I remember seeing screens a long long time ago ago about the new zelda that looked awesome, and it really made me look forward to it. After the game was released I was disappointed. Graphics arent everything, but I just bought a new console and it felt like I was playing a gamecube.
Feels nothing like a Gamecube to me. Guess it's all just subjective though.

Resistance graphics are great and that was just a launch game. Besides resistance there are not many good games for the ps3. Some good games graphically, but nothing really that fun. Just some crappy ports. Warhawk is awesome, but graphics are not the best. However screens and videos from some upcoming games for the ps3 look incredible. I made a thread a couple weeks back showing some videos for gamers day. Take a look at some of the videos in there, and if that doesnt impress you, then you should save up for virtual reality.
Nah, I'll stick to my Wii. All in all, I really prefer some of the more Japanese origin games. Kinda why I can't really get into the 360 either. Though, some Western titles are good, they must be something really special in a unique style to really make me want it. Like before, completely subjective.

cartoon style games I consider for kids. Nintendo is known for having family stlye games. Which is fine for some people, but I would rather play games made for a more mature audience. There will always be "t" and "m" games for nintendo consoles, but most are for kids. Mario is not cute to me. It was fun on the original nintendo, but its been played out for a very long time. I do like some cartoon style games. I plan on buying the new ratchet and clank when its released, but that game looks beautiful graphically. Plus the creators also made resistance fall of man, so I know its going to be a great game for the ps3.
To be fair, Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 was in a cartoon style, but it's got an 18 certificate (UK). Personally I think most of the movie licenses that are cartoonish could really vanish without much attention, but there is stuff out there that'll make people go "Huh, cartoonish. But it's still really good fun". Heck, would cartoonish also be like the comic-book style of Street Fighter? I think it's more about subject matter rather than artistic style. Even then, gameplay is a major factor.

Ever see the video of the guy hitting the ps3 with a sledge hammer? It took a few blows to do any real damage. My buddy dropped his ps3 about 2 1/2 feet on hardwood floors and didnt any damage to it. Ive never dropped my wii, but I can honestly say it would not hold up as well as the ps3. The wii feels cheap. I dont expect anymore from it, because it was only $250.
Can't say I have personally. My Wii has taken a little beating from me, odd dropping (not too high though) and carrying it around (seriously that can constitute abuse the way I habdle bags sometimes). But meh. Not exactly a system selling feature either way, but I suppose it PS3's can really take a beating, then it's gotta be a good thing.

If the wii had the ability to allow me to use either a regular remote or the wiimote I would much happier. I dont want to be stuck playing almost every game with that remote. It makes games like wii sports or mario party fun, but ruined games like red steel, cod, and zelda. I think the wiimote is a fad and people will get sick of it. I know I am. My 4 year old nephew came over last week and played the wii for about 10 minutes and put it down. When I first got it he could sit there for hours playing wii sports. If a 4 year old is getting bored of the wii, what will older people say? The younger crowd is where most of the sales will come from. I dont even think the wiimote works that well. Its accurate to a certain degree, but it lacks alot. The sixaxis is simple and it works well. No need for any special sensors on top of the tv either. Maybe im just an old fashioned guy who likes to play games on a remote than flailing my arms all over the place to get my player to swing a sword or aim a gun.
There are some games that are starting to do just that. MK Armageddon and Brawl are two that do atm. O'm fairly sure others will appear. And What's your position on the gun attachment? Do you think it's a good idea, or just another gimmick?

I believe the ps3 has alot more potential than the wii. The online on the ps3 is great, and will never cost me a dime.
Err, Wii seems ok online, and it doesn't cost anything either (well multiplayer at least. VC is a different matter).

Home will make the ps3 even better when that is released in the fall. Home is not just a place where you can walk around and talk to people. It will impliment alot of things into games as well. The new ps eye looks pretty awesome as well. Did you know you will be able to hook up your ps eye at home, and watch what it sees from anywhere in the world on your psp? Its things like that will help make the ps3 a success. The wii lacks things like this and its why I like the ps3 more.
So, you like it because it turns your PS3 into a webcam? Not sure how useful it is though, unless you're trying to catch someone stealing cookies...

Blu ray is not going anywhere for a very long time. Its selling too well to be the bext betamax or minidisk. Looks how many blu ray players there are in the world? Blu ray software is outselling hd dvd by a landslide. There is alot more companies supporting blu ray than hd dvd. Sony did take a risk, but its paying off nicely.
I'm actually wondering if there will be more online HD streaming to try and combat it. Afterall, if you can't win the war on the battleground, you can always relocate to a different battlefield. Even so, I think it will still be a few years until Blu-ray is a household thing, even if things went smoothly.

To sum it up I was bitten by the the wii bug back in November, but the ps3 was my medicine and made me see clearly again. You might think im a fanboy, but I own both consoles and can make realistic comparisons of the two.
To be fair, owning multiple platforms does not make you objective. Everyone's got a favourite. I prefered the Gamecube over the PS2, I had both, and there's plenty of people who will disagree and prefer the PS2. I would consider myself a Fan (though I don't refer to myself as a fanboy - I'm far from a boy) of Nintendo. Always have. Guess I may have rose-tinted glasses, but I've always thought there was a quality that wasn't on any other platforms. Once again, to each his own.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:

Sorry to fart on your bashing party, but most Wii games are coming out with choice of GC/Classic Controller. But you wouldnt know that, eh?

not going to quote it cause he said like 20 other billion things, but i absoloutly hate it when people say the wii is for kids, games might seem on the childish side but the games are challanging, and the wii is supposed to be for everyone,

mushroomedmario said:
not going to quote it cause he said like 20 other billion things, but i absoloutly hate it when people say the wii is for kids, games might seem on the childish side but the games are challanging, and the wii is supposed to be for everyone,

eh, give it a year or so when all the 'kiddy' games like Manhunt2 and stuff comes out. Then itll be really bad... /sarcasm.

Anyways, no more Wii guys. This is about Ps3! :crazy:

Back