PS3 can't trade in games?

How's it possible to have a game work on only one console, anyway? You'd have to write something to the disc for it to acknowledge its designated console...

Is the drive in the PS3 a writer, too?

NOTE: Don't stick this to me, it's merely a theory and I'm not that fluent in technology

So, I'm thinkin that maybe there's a way to get the code or whatever off. They tell the rental stores how to or give them a machine to do it for all the rental stores...I don't know, but I definitely heard that they were gonna do that.

Sony filed a patent a while back, I think late 2005 about a new type of DRM technology. Neither Sony or any other company have ever said they will use this technology on the PS3. Everything you heard were speculations made by websites and analysts that the PS3 will utilize this technology. This patent is just what it is, a patent. I think it works by registering a master code on the disk via Internet and associating it with a particular player's Mac address, which will disable any other players to play that particular disk.

I heard it on Attack of the Show... Oh well, it's a stupid idea anyway.

JeremyGTS said:
dude you are a ****ing cock sucker... ive seen plenty of post of yours and ive come to the conculsion you are a 12 year old little ***** trying to be cool dogging people in a forum... grow up ****ing loser...

yeah i heard this rumor pretty nutts if sony actually did it.

I guess you want a trophy too?? How many retarded people are on this forum. Its like you guys are breeding.

Lets get a few things straight. you guys say you heard them planning on doing stuff. Heres the truth. They didnt! It doesnt matter what you hear. Its what the final product does. Guess what? Games will work on as many systems as you want. Ive rented plenty of games to prove this. I heard the wii is getting a dildo attachment for their remotes. Does that prove anything???

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
I guess you want a trophy too?? How many retarded people are on this forum. Its like you guys are breeding.

Lets get a few things straight. you guys say you heard them planning on doing stuff. Heres the truth. They didnt! It doesnt matter what you hear. Its what the final product does. Guess what? Games will work on as many systems as you want. Ive rented plenty of games to prove this. I heard the wii is getting a dildo attachment for their remotes. Does that prove anything???

yeah i would like a trophy... moron i knew it was a ****ing rumor i didnt say it was true i was just pointing out that you are a mean and crude person. i bet you are some fat kid living in your parents basement... its ok man im sure you will get some real friends one day... you wish that rumor with the dildo wiimote was true eh? anyway this is a forum its here to discuss topics not bash on someone with a dumb topic grow up kid.

JeremyGTS said:
yeah i would like a trophy... moron i knew it was a ****ing rumor i didnt say it was true i was just pointing out that you are a mean and crude person. i bet you are some fat kid living in your parents basement... its ok man im sure you will get some real friends one day... you wish that rumor with the dildo wiimote was true eh? anyway this is a forum its here to discuss topics not bash on someone with a dumb topic grow up kid.

9% body fat and I own my own home. Nice try retard. Im hoping your name doesnt pertain to you owning a celica gts. If it does, then you have no room to try and make fun of anyone. Just face facts that you will believe anything that comes out of peoples mouths. Thats what retarded people do.

i know the difference between a rumor and the facts.. ive never said this was fact... i was pointing out your dickishness to other users... if you read my post i said "yeah i heard this rumor pretty nutts if sony actually did it."

so anywhere does it say i actually believe that?? NO it dosent and the GTS in my name comes from the Corolla GTS my first car...

Wii&Ps3 said:
9% body fat and I own my own home. Nice try retard. Im hoping your name doesnt pertain to you owning a celica gts. If it does, then you have no room to try and make fun of anyone. Just face facts that you will believe anything that comes out of peoples mouths. Thats what retarded people do.

Uh...you know your body fat percentage, you call almost everyone a retard, you try and fail to act smart, you apparently get "fact" and "rumor" confused, and you're calling him a retard? Why aren't you insulting someone who actually believes that you cant trade in PS3 games instead of someone who clearly stated that they know its a rumor?

Ruman said:
Uh...you know your body fat percentage, you call almost everyone a retard, you try and fail to act smart, you apparently get "fact" and "rumor" confused, and you're calling him a retard? Why aren't you insulting someone who actually believes that you cant trade in PS3 games instead of someone who clearly stated that they know its a rumor?

Yeah I do know my own body fat. I have a fat caliper which I use every week. Im on a meal plan of 2300 calories a day @ 6 meals a day. Its called taking care of yourself. Ruman I dont even listen to the useless crap that comes out of your mouth anymore. Its the same crap over and over.

know the difference between a rumor and the facts.. ive never said this was fact... i was pointing out your dickishness to other users... if you read my post i said "yeah i heard this rumor pretty nutts if sony actually did it."

so anywhere does it say i actually believe that?? NO it dosent and the GTS in my name comes from the Corolla GTS my first car...

Dickishness??? :lol: You can say the word "dick" instead of trying to make it a kid friendly word. I guess thats what happens when you play the wii too long :hand:

Corolla gts is even worse. Anyone who drives a toyota or a honda is a retard. Dont even argue against it. You will lose every time.

This was the dumbest thing I have ever heard lol. Have none of you borrowed a game from your friend yet? Of course you can trade in your games lol. It would be impossible for your PS3 to encrypt a code on the game unless the system had a burner built in. Now seeing how the cheapest Blu-Ray burner is around $500 and the fact that this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, it just wouldnt ever be true.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah I do know my own body fat. I have a fat caliper which I use every week. Im on a meal plan of 2300 calories a day @ 6 meals a day. Its called taking care of yourself. Ruman I dont even listen to the useless crap that comes out of your mouth anymore. Its the same crap over and over.

Dickishness??? :lol: You can say the word "dick" instead of trying to make it a kid friendly word. I guess thats what happens when you play the wii too long :hand:

Corolla gts is even worse. Anyone who drives a toyota or a honda is a retard. Dont even argue against it. You will lose every time.

No one wants to hear about your diet plan or your taste in motor vehicles. In fact, most people don't even want your opinion on the things that are meant for discussion on this site. Needing a diet plan means you're a fatass, and bragging about it means you're a dork. You're not even at least talking about consoles. Your bashing is better than this bullcrap. And he did say dick, he just made it a little more grammatically correct. A smart-ass like you should know that.

Last edited:
Toyota and Honda have the best cars going Toyota owns around 40 percent of the US market share proven fact.:smilewinkgrin: Back to the PS3 Gamestop.com has tradein values for the PS3 so this rumor is totally false

Back