Ps3 copying wii

zonimer said:
i dont get what ur on about wiis are way better that ps3s what world are you on

I dont know what you are talking about, maybe if you type full words then I might.

Well, thats a pretty vague comment you give there, care to back it up?

f1982 said:
Can anyone actually explain what 6axis is? I mean there are only two axis. Roll back/forward. Roll clockwise/anticlockwise. Two axis makes 3D movement. Where are the other 4? 6 axis would make the controller capable of moving through not only 2D and 3D space, but 7D!
If you include move forward/back, side to side and up/down that could add another 3, so now we're up to 5 axis. Where is the 6th?
Im confused!

Also, what is different about the motion sensing of the wiimote and PS3 controller?
I think the PS3 controller is called 6 axis because it has 2 joysticks with 2 axis each and then adds another 2 with the tilting. So it has 3 lots of 2 axis controls.

You could try using it in 7D but they said that the PS3 can only do 4D graphics. :p

well can you blame them?

the wii's sales are through the roof, maybe they'll try to copy so they can "TRY" to reachout to another audience

zapasant93 said:
well can you blame them?

the wii's sales are through the roof, maybe they'll try to copy so they can "TRY" to reachout to another audience
Yes, sales are still up, but may be at the start of decline.

Not to mention reports are coming in that 2/3rds of Wii owners are not playing it and even a record low sales report for Japanese sales in September. This is bad news in regards to game development, and hopes that devices such as Wii Fit and even Mario/Sonic Olympics revive the sales to some degree. While the Wii has a lot of developer support personally it's still not enough if you ask me.

It's still too premature to predict as this time as well.

-EDIT-
btw, 6 axis represents all six standards in movement. X, Y, Z coordinates in 3D space along with roll, yoke, and pitch. I'm guessing the the PS3 controller has accelerometers for all six points of movement while the Wii Remote simply combines the axis for detection of the combinations (pitch, yoke, and roll).

Last edited:
AceAlabama said:
wii=360 degree motion control (360)
ps3=sixaxis (6)
360=none (0)
wii vs. ps3 - 360÷6=60
wii vs. 360 - 360÷0=360
thats how i feel (rrod sucks)

actually.. MS just announced its contracted the same company nintendo used to create the wiimote to create a motion sensing device for the 360.. looks like 360 will be bringing out something decent if its the same company creating it.

in the video game industry if anything is working the other console developers will copy it. Same goes for the games. If a certain type of FPS sells well then about 10 more of those will pop out in the next few years. The xbox copied sony by bringing in the DVD format. And, the PS2 and 3 are copying the xbox by having an online service. Same goes for the controllers if its popular then there will be more types of it. It's healthy competition, and can only lead to better quality goods.

btg said:
actually.. MS just announced its contracted the same company nintendo used to create the wiimote to create a motion sensing device for the 360.. looks like 360 will be bringing out something decent if its the same company creating it.

Source please?

Stupid Sony. That's why I refuse to play Sony consoles. I use my GBA. That's such a rip-off. Nintendo should sue them for copying the Wii, because the Playstation will NEVER be as good as the Wii. Ever.

Hmm..No love for Sony? I don't own a PS3, but I do own a Wii. However, I don't have a problem with the "black" console. (Please don't take that into racism).

Nope. I think Sony should stick to CD players and TVs, and leave gaming consoles to the professionals.

Back