PS3 Current Affairs Article

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
Last night Today Tonight an Australian current affairs program had an exclusive segment on the PS3. I trust other Australian's would have seen this.

The PS3 is a revolution in gaming.
Note: :lol:

The PS3 is special as it can play DVDs and Blurays.
Note: Whoa!

PS3's wireless SIXAXIS controller is the first fully motion sensitive game controller ever.
Note: FIRST fully motion sensitive, First FULLY motion controller.

This is a great console as it can play media from all formats, not just Sony ones.
Note: So it should.

The PS3 is the best family gaming machine.
Note: :frown2: Oh Dear.

The PS3 brings the Internet off the home computer and into the living room with its internet browser.
Note: :idea:

The PS3 brings unprecedented innovation to gaming.
Note: :nonod:

The PS3 retails on the 23rd of March for $999, $250 more than a PS2
Note: PS2 costs $187 at the moment in Australia.

Let me state that I am completely unbiased when it comes to these 'Console Wars'. I will not favour anything that Nintendo does over what Microsoft or Sony do but I must ask, how much did Sony pay for that. Nearly all of those quotes have been twisted to make the PS3 sound so superior over the Xbox 360 and the Wii. It's easy to see how the unawares public can be brainwashed.

Awww Sony this is what happens when you beat your Chest too much.

Note: There are no good games out for the PS3. Wait...is Motorstorm out yet?

Yes because Today Tonight usually always have great unbiased stories don't they, It was funny when the guy was carrying it around the street all wrapped up like a baby

I was tempted to write to Today Tonight about the story, however there is no mention of it on the their webpage.

Honestly, I am not surprised about the quality of the report. Today Tonight are rarely ever accurate and sometimes I wonder if they ever do any quality research on their stories. I swear someone must just sit up in their office and say, lets do a story on this - I heard these 'facts' from a friend of a friend of mine....

I live in AUSTRALIA and i played the ps3 today ( some guy at MYER's let me play it) it was really unexpected, coz i was just looking at the wii games..
i played Motor storm, Genji, some other shooting car game ( the best game there) and 2 other games..
After playing the ps3 i DO NOT regret getting a wii, the ps3 wasnt even fun, Motor storrm was WAY to slow ( maybe coz i played too much excite truck) and genji is like dynasty warriors but with less people in it and its less fun ( genji particularly sucked though it was way too slow)
maybe the console itself is worth it but they definately need some new games even the wii has better games at the mo...
man i am so happy.. the only nintendo console i have ever purchased and its the BEST

Wiily Good said:
Note: PS2 costs $187 at the moment in Australia.
They're talking about the launch price of the PS2. Which was indeed $749 and dropped within a couple of weeks of the launch.

But yeah Sam's right all those current affairs shows are biased towards one side they try to not seem like this but...they fail

I stole this straight from Maddox's site - as I believe it sums sony up perfectly...

"Sony hates you.

Sony would love nothing more than to see you and your family suffer. Sony is like that psycho-ex who you had a few good times with, but was too clingy and the sex got boring. Now it's over and Sony is still stewing about it by leaving you voice mail asking for another chance and promising it "can change."

Tough sh*t Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way until you stop being a crabby old c*nt."

XD Oh, that's rich! Lol Sony indeed!

From what I've seen, Australia gamers in general are a bunch of Sony fanboys (Nintendo is the bane of those Aussies for some reason...). Perhaps, Sony thought it could get away with it.

Lots of my friends go on about how great the Xbox 360 is but thats just because hardly any of them have played Wii and none of them have played PS3.

At the moment I just casualy drop the words, Wii, Nintendo and Wiimote around in the conversation. People before used to be like, Ha you got a Wii! Get an Xbox 360. Now there like, Oh, have you got a Wii! Do you reckon I should get one?

Everyone is gradually adjusting to the fact that the Wii is a very, very good games console.

I heard that there will be a new PS3 model coming out soon (the 20GB has been discontinued BTW). The new model will be $399, but you will have to buy add-ons to watch Blu-ray. Also the new model will not have the capability to play PS2 games.

Back