PS3 download speeds.........suck

Lethal

Extreme Gamer
Nov 20, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
4683-8466-6765-2704
It took me 3hrs to download some new crappy demo last night. Anybody else suffering from ridiculously long load times?

I do not have the Ps3 yet (I won't plan on getting one until they reach the 299/399 price range), but what type of internet connection you have as well as Wireless adapter? And also, how is your location upon where you live going along according to DSL/Cable/LAN?

ilcid said:
Erm, if the games require a BD, then chances are demos are gonna be large as well... and then 3 hours isn't really that long.
No I've checked the download sizes for PS3 demos and they're about the same size as the Xbox 360 demos you can download.

Demos arent 8GB lol. Its the same for the 360. I am using a Linksys WRT54G router. My 360 is also hooked up to it and downloads muuuuuuch faster than the PS3. My brotherinlaw has his hooked up directly to the cable and his is slow too. My connection is Comcast

Kamikaze - PS3 wont drop in price like that in about 3yrs. Blu Ray is too expensive and Sony is already losing plenty of money for every system sold as it is.

Jessy15 said:
ps3 sucks
QFT

The reason why the 360 downloads are faster is because 4-? million people pay for a high quality online service, they listen too their consumers, and they have more experience.

wow so glad iam sticking with xbox,another reason why sonys online sucks!

Lethal said:
Demos arent 8GB lol. Its the same for the 360. I am using a Linksys WRT54G router. My 360 is also hooked up to it and downloads muuuuuuch faster than the PS3. My brotherinlaw has his hooked up directly to the cable and his is slow too. My connection is Comcast

Kamikaze - PS3 wont drop in price like that in about 3yrs. Blu Ray is too expensive and Sony is already losing plenty of money for every system sold as it is.

Who knows, remember the average price of a CD was 20 bucks, and what happened? Napster pops out of nowhere and artists are losing their money. I know this may seem irrelevant, but I sense a low priced blu-ray to come out, which will eventually cause Sony's pricepoint to drop dramatically...or it could be a possibility that many people prefer HD DVD to Blu Ray.

QUOTE=Lethal]So stick to your wii forum then.[/QUOTE]
this is a wii forum its call wii chat

Attachments

• trans.gif
    trans.gif
    44 bytes · Views: 1,119
Damn, 8GB is a lot of space even on a 60GBHD. Shouldn't the speed be faster since there are not that many PS3s out on servers yet?

Yeah my 360 DLs alot faster then my PS3. My guess is it's server load balancing on Sonys part. XBLive had some speed issues in the past, only time will tell if Sony can smooth things out.

Back