PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

Griever said:
Sqaure joined with Sony because the SNES didn't have the capability to release Final Fantasy 7 and the N64 couldn't handle the FMV's in 7, 8 or 9 due to both the SNES and the N64 using cartridges.

Nintendo was with Sony to develop a CD extention, check out the bottom of your N64, for the N64. Things went wrong, as Shift explains, and Nintendo ultimately packs Sony's bags and tells them to leave. While a Final Fantasy was going to grace the N64, it soon went south and into Sony's control. They said the original story sucked anyways. Yes, Final Fantasy VII was not the original story.

I personally think that the main FF series is going to continue to be produced on the Sony platforms whereas other spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles) etc. will appear on the other consoles as well as on the Playstation.

As true as i want that to be, its not. Final Fantasy XIII will be making multiple apearences on PS3, 360, mobile phones (I believe only the FOMA at this time), PSP and possibly Wii and DS. The main franchise will be Sony based but not exclusive.

Either way; I can't see Microsoft ever getting their hands on a Final Fantasy game xD
They did get Final Fantasy XI, soon they will have XIII and Xbox fans are rejoicing.

Nintendo was with Sony to develop a CD extention, check out the bottom of your N64, for the N64. Things went wrong, as Shift explains, and Nintendo ultimately packs Sony's bags and tells them to leave. While a Final Fantasy was going to grace the N64, it soon went south and into Sony's control. They said the original story sucked anyways. Yes, Final Fantasy VII was not the original story.

Actually, the PS1 was a CD addon for the SNES not the N64. The port on the bottom of the N64 is for the N64 DD or Dex Drive that was only released in Japan.

Uhh you do know this is the internet right where anybody can lie. Regardless of whether or not you're telling the truth who cares?

Your point is?

As for the Wii its current gen. And maybe you want to spend a whole lot of money for some fluff, the majority of people are perfectly satisfied with playing games that aren't running in 1080p. When will you get that? The Wii is going to be around for a long time. The ps3 most likely as well since it has sony behind it.

I beg to differ. The graphics are not any better than the gamecube, and the games are not any different. The only difference is the remote. If you call that next gen, then sony should have put the sixaxis on the ps2 and started selling it for $350. You guys are buying $100 console for $250 because it has a new remote :lol:

Most games on the ps3 do not support 1080p, just 720p/1080i. I spent the extra money on a system that has free online, blu ray player, and a shelf life of longer than 5 years. Resistance fall of man looks 10x better than halo 3. Could you imagine what games will look like in 3 years? It proves that microsoft is at its limits with the 360, while the ps3 is just getting started.

Last but not least its very arrogant of you to declare that, "people who can't save up 500 dollars shouldn't be playing videogames" (at least I think thats what you were trying to say). Really get off your high horse. I've got over $500.00 and I choose to use it on Nintendo because I like their games, I like the company, and I like the system overall. I don't need nor want Bluray. I don't need a system thats got a Cell in it. I've got a computer that works just fine.

I was stating that if you can spend $250 on a console, you should go up a little more money and get a ps3. Imo its a better investment. I was looking on craigslist today, and saw ps3's selling for $400 and less.

Congrats on having a computer that plays games. I hope you enjoy sitting in a computer chair and staring at a small screen. I like sitting on my couch playing on my 47" with surround sound. "Different strokes for different folks". You could easily build a computer that will do alot more than the ps3 ever could, but how much is that going to cost? How soon will it need to be upgraded? With the ps3 I know every single game developed for it will always play witht any hiccups. Maybe down the line I will have to swap the hard drive, but at least nothing else will have to be touched.

But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters for not being addicted to the latest graphics. We get it already. The Wii is not HD. And thats fine with us.

Nintendo fanboys will whine once they grow up and realize kiddie games are not fun and want to play something besides cartoons. I know it can be fun playing baseball with people that dont have any legs, or shooting plungers at rabbits, but it will get old very soon. Especially with that novelty remote. Nintendo was stupid forcing that remote onto consumers. They should have made it an accessory and developed some games for it. I shouldnt be forced to play almost every single game with it :wtf:

lastly I own a wii. It was given to me a b-day gift, but the thing never gets played. I played zelda for less than 2 weeks in december, and havent touched it since. My nephew comes over and plays wii sports, but thats about it.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
Your point is?

I beg to differ. The graphics are not any better than the gamecube, and the games are not any different. The only difference is the remote. If you call that next gen, then sony should have put the sixaxis on the ps2 and started selling it for $350. You guys are buying $100 console for $250 because it has a new remote :lol:

Congrats on having a computer that plays games. I hope you enjoy sitting in a computer chair and staring at a small screen. I like sitting on my couch playing on my 47" with surround sound. "Different strokes for different folks". You could easily build a computer that will do alot more than the ps3 ever could, but how much is that going to cost? How soon will it need to be upgraded? With the ps3 I know every single game developed for it will always play witht any hiccups. Maybe down the line I will have to swap the hard drive, but at least nothing else will have to be touched.

Nintendo fanboys will whine once they grow up and realize kiddie games are not fun and want to play something besides cartoons. I know it can be fun playing baseball with people that dont have any legs, or shooting plungers at rabbits, but it will get old very soon. Especially with that novelty remote. Nintendo was stupid forcing that remote onto consumers. They should have made it an accessory and developed some games for it. I shouldnt be forced to play almost every single game with it :wtf:

Okay. First paragraph.

Graphics for the Wii aren't horrendous. They just SEEM that way because the 360 and PS3 are basicly superpowered. To me, this is just the same as being a spoiled brat. You get SO use to the good things, that when something that looks lower in standard comes up, you start freaking out and go "EWWW! Omg! Did you SEE that thing? It....It....OMG!" Just leave the graphics alone. Hell, I still play my SNES. Those graphics don't compare to those now, but the games are still awesome.

Second paragraph.
It's quite easy to hook a computer up to a large T.V. Hell, just get a projector for the same amount of money that it takes for a big screen HDTV, and you can take up a whole frickin wall. Simple enough. And yes, it costs more to buy a PC, but my warranty won't go away when I crack it open to upgrade, now will it? Say something goes wrong in your PS3 and you try to fix it yourself. Well, it's even worse now, and you ring Sony up. "Uhh...I'm sorry but we can't help you. You've disqualified your warranty." You have to get a whole new PS3. Lucky you.

Now let's view this with a PC. You try to fix something yourself, not knowing what you're doing, and you snap a wire or something. Well, you can either pay someone to fix it, or have someone you know fix it for free, or buy the replacement piece. On certain hardware inside the PC, you can get free parts to fix it.

And most PC's ARE out of date when they come out, but so are consoles. You just don't REALISE that they're out of date, because there aren't any others. Everything inside of each console is now old use, not new.

Third paragraph.
If noone wants to play cartoons, then why does every console have cartoon-based games? Hm? There's nothing wrong with cartoon games. You must consider yourself "hard core" just because you won't come out of the closet without having your Metal Gear Solid.

Shouldn't be forced on consumers, you say? Then why is Sony forcing Sixaxis on consumers? It's essentially the same idea, different housing. And you're not forced to play every game with it. That's why you can plug your Gamecube controller in, I do believe. Nintendo's controller is as much a novelty as you are. It gets old after a while and eventually disappears.

Then why is Sony forcing Sixaxis on consumers?
Last time i checked, i dont need to move the controller to jump or move things. Sixaxis also has buttons, all the buttons that were needed to play previous games. Forcing sixaxis? No, what kind of games are you playing.

Of course you will disqualify the warranty. They have to send you a whole new system.That would be stupid if you opened it, stabbed it with a screw driver and called them for a new one.

SNES graphics werent bad, for its time. Would you still buy a Wii if it had SNES graphics? For 250? Not really, im sure a lot would but hey, its Nintendo. I dont see how someone can be spoiled when it comes to that. Im only going to call your bluff and say "I spent $250 for a $99 Game Cube and $600 on a kick ass gaming console." If you havent check the 1.80 update for PS3, a lot of the things that made people cry cause it didnt have, have been added.

You wouldnt pay me $250 for a Wii then have me go to you few years later "Check it out"

You "Its a Wii...??"

"Nope, its a Us"

"Looks like a Wii"

"But its not"

"So whats different?"

"The controller, watch"

"Oh, ok. But it doesnt look graphicly better."

"Its not, just the controller"

"Could you have just put that on the Wii?"

"...No?"

"Works for me, how much?"

The Wii lacks logic so they sell to kids. They might as well make a metal loop and a stick. "Look at this, you keep the metal loop rolling by pushing it with this stick! So innovative."

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
"I spent $250 for a $99 Game Cube and $600 on a kick ass gaming console." If you havent check the 1.80 update for PS3, a lot of the things that made people cry cause it didnt have, have been added.

Kick ass gaming console? More like home entertainment center. It's not just for gaming, which is the problem. If it were just for gaming, and not a trojan horse for the bluray, it would be the same price as the 360, and give Sony a profit instead of a massive loss. When you throw so many features in at one time and jam-pack the console, it tends to make things go much higher. In my opinion it's way too early for both Sony and Microsoft to start throwing down for HD, because it's not a big enough market to try and solely capture. Sony has an advantage because they sell more than just consoles, they sell HDTV's. Microsoft doesn't, and neither does Nintendo.

My figuring on the Wii being 250 is because the Gamecube didn't sell well, so they have to make up for the loss with the Wii because they are making a profit from it right now. I'm willing to bet there will be a major price drop come next year. Plus, when the Wii goes online, the extra sales they'll get then will push them up even further.

Nintendo really can't get slammed right now because of their graphics or online capabilities because they never were known for either of the two, and now that they're starting to show a little bit of an effort to make an entrance they're being ridiculed massively. But now the DS has come online and it's relatively good, especially for the price with the PSP now 20 dollars less than what it was, which still is way too high for it.

I love it 'cause Nintendo makes huge price cuts when it cuts, but Sony only does 20's. LOVE it.

I know I'm going towards an off-topic area, but I believe including the DS and PSP fits because they are part of the two parties we are speaking on.

My god the Wii owns... said:
If what you say turns out to be remotely correct, it'll be like the Dreamcast. A console way more powerful than others, and just "ahead of its time". But Sega and Sony are too completely different companies.

As you have a 'learn how to spell' section, please tell me your post was ironic

VampiricLugia said:
Kick ass gaming console? More like home entertainment center. It's not just for gaming, which is the problem.

My figuring on the Wii being 250 is because the Gamecube didn't sell well, so they have to make up for the loss with the Wii because they are making a profit from it right now. I'm willing to bet there will be a major price drop come next year. Plus, when the Wii goes online, the extra sales they'll get then will push them up even further.

Nintendo really can't get slammed right now because of their graphics or online capabilities because they never were known for either of the two, and now that they're starting to show a little bit of an effort to make an entrance they're being ridiculed massively. But now the DS has come online and it's relatively good, especially for the price with the PSP now 20 dollars less than what it was, which still is way too high for it.

I love it 'cause Nintendo makes huge price cuts when it cuts, but Sony only does 20's. LOVE it.

I know I'm going towards an off-topic area, but I believe including the DS and PSP fits because they are part of the two parties we are speaking on.
Im really trying to understand why its bad Sony looked at the PS3 and thought "Well, with a HDD you should be able to store music and videos. Why just add one memory stick slot, lets make it compatible will all. The games it can make will be 2 disc DVD minimum, lets make a bigger storage to reduce disc swapping. Lets make online easy with cable and WiFi connection. It has to be backwards compatible, no reason it shouldnt." And much more.

Lets see what Nintendo was thinking. "Crap! We need to make up for lost revenue. Lets just get something out and make it cheap."

As far as the DS and PSP goes, PSP was selling more until DS Lite. That means Sony got it right the first time, they are the only company I know that hasnt made any changes to sell a product.

Still not enough? Ok, what was the biggest thing that came with a Wii update? Can i download games from VC and play them on the DS?

The Wii is to make money. They werent thinking about the customer, they were just thinking about themselves. Its hard for me to respect a company that wont respect its consumers. When a company listens to all the things people say they want in something and then they deliver it even though they will be losing money, is a great company in my book.

VampiricLugia said:
Kick ass gaming console? More like home entertainment center. It's not just for gaming, which is the problem. If it were just for gaming, and not a trojan horse for the bluray, it would be the same price as the 360, and give Sony a profit instead of a massive loss. When you throw so many features in at one time and jam-pack the console, it tends to make things go much higher. In my opinion it's way too early for both Sony and Microsoft to start throwing down for HD, because it's not a big enough market to try and solely capture. Sony has an advantage because they sell more than just consoles, they sell HDTV's. Microsoft doesn't, and neither does Nintendo.
It is not a problem that it is a home entertainment system, which is what nintendo used to sell their NES. "the nintendooooo home entertainment systemmmmm". The 360 is actually the same price, no actually MORE than the ps3 when you consider the product. Put in wi-fi, xbox live which cost money, batteries for controllers, HD-DVD drive. IT all comes out to be more than the PS3. THe ps3, mind you, will have FREE internet play. This means, that if you play your xbox 360 online for 3 years, thats already an extra $150. Where as if you plan on playing the PS3 online for 3 years, thats... $0 extra. So you see, who is really saving money here? Its all about the bigger picture. The 360 looks to be selling for less, but they are milking you for money in other ways. This is smart because you dont even know you are giving them more money.

HD quality gameplay has been used in PC gaming for a long time now, and PC games are reaching the point where you need over 10gigs of space to play them. NOW is the most important time to have HD (meaning more storage space and higher resolution gameplay). So no, sony isnt ahead of their time. In fact, with the technology on the market right now, I believe we are behind schedule. We already have the technology for virtual reality, but its not mainstreamed yet, and we need to make it so. By the way, did you know that good artificial intellegence takes up a lot of disk space? If you want to play against some smart video game AI, you are gonna need something that can process and store a lot of data.

Thats exactly the reason why nintendo didnt try and compete with the advanced systems of microsoft and sony. Instead they wanted to make up for lost profit by selling a cheap console with a gimick (and its a good gimick..) which is the wiimote. Everything in the Wii is old tech, theres nothing very new about it. Nintendo makes a profit off of everything. You get what you pay for, and it shows. Not that this is bad if you dont fool yourself into thinking its more than it really is. I recognize what it was when i bought it, and I am happy with it. I will never say the wii is more than what it really is nor less.

Nintendo really can't get slammed right now because of their graphics or online capabilities because they never were known for either of the two, and now that they're starting to show a little bit of an effort to make an entrance they're being ridiculed massively. But now the DS has come online and it's relatively good, especially for the price with the PSP now 20 dollars less than what it was, which still is way too high for it.I love it 'cause Nintendo makes huge price cuts when it cuts, but Sony only does 20's. LOVE it.

I do not think you are really familiar with the PSP. The PSP is the most amazing handheld console to hit the market. Its normal price started off around the same as the nintendo wii, and since then has dropped ALOT. Much more than your 20 dollar spin. What is inside the PSP is much higher quality than that of the DS lite and it can do so much more. You get what you pay for, and in the case of the PSP, which IS cheap, you get a lot.

Guess what, the PSP has a second version coming out too, its going to be the PSP version of the DS lite. If the DS out sold the PSP only after the DS lite, then what will happen with the PSP2? What will happen when the PS3 fully interacts with the PSP and all of sonys plans begin to show?

Right now the PSP has the biggest library of games, all ps1 games, with homebrew you can play all nes, snes, gameboy, gba, sega, neo geo, some n64 games. Launch applications that let you paint, read ebooks, watch tv, movies, music, internet, GPS, sound mixing, home made games..ect

The tip of the iceberg has barely been touched. ;-)

123eman said:
thats the whole thing with the ps3 your basically garuanteed that your console is future proof.

Err... you may be slightly right on one thing there. Yes, the blu-ray is pretty future proof, but give it a 2 to 3 years and most people will have one or an HDDVD...

Other than that the PS3 is already out dated... whats it have something close to the Geforce 7800 and I bet the Intel quadcores can do about the same as the PS3 CPU... maybe not in shear numbers, but each intel core can do SO much more than the ones the the PS3.

GamerCon said:
"I spent $250 for a $99 Game Cube and $600 on a kick ass gaming console."

How bout I spend $250 for something which is a lot more than a Game Cube (the Wii) and then spend the rest of the $600 to up grade my PC. That way I have a kick ass PC to play by myself and a console that EVERYONE wants to play: Friends, Family, my Grandma for heavens sake.

I don't have a PS3, but used to have a Xbox 360. Not many people wanted to play that system though... At least how I see it is that consoles are meant to be played with people in close proximity (social gatherings) and my Wii is the best at that.

Its funny, no matter what anyone says, how many hard facts they have, someone will have something to say that makes no sense. Example:

"Other than that the PS3 is already out dated" Which would make the Wii and 360 what, last gen? No... like 2 generations back.

"More like home entertainment center. It's not just for gaming, which is the problem" which was countered with "It is not a problem that it is a home entertainment system, which is what nintendo used to sell their NES. 'the nintendooooo home entertainment systemmmmm'"

"I love it 'cause Nintendo makes huge price cuts when it cuts" Its easy when you arent losing any money to begin with. Just something you shouldve added to that.

"Say something goes wrong in your PS3 and you try to fix it yourself. Well, it's even worse now, and you ring Sony up. "Uhh...I'm sorry but we can't help you. You've disqualified your warranty." You have to get a whole new PS3." Uh, yeahah.

"And maybe you want to spend a whole lot of money for some fluff..."

"But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters" Sorry Nintendo 'supporter' but i thought you were the ones whining.

"Blu-Ray is clearly the more technically dominant format out of the two and will probably win out eventually." That was a logical sentence. Cant argue with it, very solid.

"I think the PS3 should die, I mean it sucks" Thats just forrest gump status right there.

"And for the record the only good thing the PS3 has is Final Fantasy 13 and awesome graphics." How so? Oh wait, you dont even know yourself, never mind then.

"they can spew some random garbage promoting their overpriced and ridiculous ginormous system?" Cause its SO much bigger than the 360. I sometimes mistake it for my fridge, im sure you all do the same cause its so HUGE.

"you are a fanboy, deal with it." The best thing that was said this whole thread.

"Why use BLURAY if it was just not needed (right now), look at the xbox, they use a normal DVD drive and you can still have HD (useful if you have an HDTV)." Its not true HD. Yes there is a difference.

"You're acting like you have an omnipotent, all-powerful mind, "not worth responding to" well mister, WHO ARE YOU? GOD?" So having facts and research makes someone god, eh?

"Nintendo, though I love them dearly from my past growing up with the nes and original 10 lb gameboy, has turned to taxi serves, sex hotels (also used for prostitution and illegal trade)..ect to support them.

"They have dealed with the yakuza (japanese mafia) providing them with goods to support their gabling. Nintendo has more of a dirty past than sony, muchmuchmuch more dirty. It frustrates me that these.. kids... cannot accept history" Best part, i think, is they didnt even grow up with Nintendo like we did yet they think they know them more then adults do. Yet even some adults like to live with the Mario shield. yes Mario is cool and was Jump Man for a while but now hes clearly a sellout and is desperate for attention.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
"Other than that the PS3 is already out dated" Which would make the Wii and 360 what, last gen? No... like 2 generations back.

Err... I never said the 360 and definitely the Wii weren't out dated when comparing their hardware to a PC. I just get the feeling like people think the PS3 is so much better than it is and I was trying to point that out.

If you would like the facts on the things I said I could try to find the articles...

When it comes to a console, PS3 is not outdated. If you compare it to a PC, it is but then again, a PC cant keep up with PC gear. My friend got a 5k pc a few days ago and even that ones outdated. Its impossible to compare something to a PC, anyone that does would probably be in the media biz and would say anything to put something down.

I have articles stating the PS3 sales as well as the PSP are good, the media is stupid.

Graphics for the Wii aren't horrendous. They just SEEM that way because the 360 and PS3 are basicly superpowered. To me, this is just the same as being a spoiled brat. You get SO use to the good things, that when something that looks lower in standard comes up, you start freaking out and go "EWWW! Omg! Did you SEE that thing? It....It....OMG!" Just leave the graphics alone. Hell, I still play my SNES. Those graphics don't compare to those now, but the games are still awesome.

Still waiting for those awesome games. If I was 12 maybe, but nothing appeals to me.

Second paragraph.
It's quite easy to hook a computer up to a large T.V. Hell, just get a projector for the same amount of money that it takes for a big screen HDTV, and you can take up a whole frickin wall. Simple enough. And yes, it costs more to buy a PC, but my warranty won't go away when I crack it open to upgrade, now will it? Say something goes wrong in your PS3 and you try to fix it yourself. Well, it's even worse now, and you ring Sony up. "Uhh...I'm sorry but we can't help you. You've disqualified your warranty." You have to get a whole new PS3. Lucky you.

Why would sony mess with my warranty? Theres nothing to upgrade besides the hd, and that is covered under warranty. They even give instructions on how to swap it out in the manual :lol:

Now let's view this with a PC. You try to fix something yourself, not knowing what you're doing, and you snap a wire or something. Well, you can either pay someone to fix it, or have someone you know fix it for free, or buy the replacement piece. On certain hardware inside the PC, you can get free parts to fix it.

And most PC's ARE out of date when they come out, but so are consoles. You just don't REALISE that they're out of date, because there aren't any others. Everything inside of each console is now old use, not new.

How is a console out of date? Every game that comes out for the ps3 will play perfectly fine. If i wanted to play crysis on my computer it wouldnt run properly. If i bought a new computer that was able to play it, someone would develope a new game in a year or two that would make my computer obsolete.

Third paragraph.
If noone wants to play cartoons, then why does every console have cartoon-based games? Hm? There's nothing wrong with cartoon games. You must consider yourself "hard core" just because you won't come out of the closet without having your Metal Gear Solid.

Shouldn't be forced on consumers, you say? Then why is Sony forcing Sixaxis on consumers? It's essentially the same idea, different housing. And you're not forced to play every game with it. That's why you can plug your Gamecube controller in, I do believe. Nintendo's controller is as much a novelty as you are. It gets old after a while and eventually disappears.

Here is the difference between sony and nintendo. How many kiddie games for the wii? How many for the ps3? Thats why nintendo appeals to kids, and has very little games that appeal to adults.

Wrong again about the sixaxis. What percentage of games utilize the sixaxis? Less than half. Hell even the games that have it, give an option to turn it off. Now how many games use motion sensing on the wii remote? My point exactly. Next time you try and bring up points, make sure you can back them up :ciappa:

Back