PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

^Hehe, sorry about that!

I was just simply showing interest in...*wait for it*..."Home" :lol:

I was just trying to say that although idea's have obvioulsy been borrowed from Mii's, the whole concept for **** is completely different. :p

Will you people freaking stop with this "They stole this" crap. You fanboys are something else. Rather pathetic.

in touch with the wii said:
man i think nintendo could sue for this because this is made a few months after the wii came out enough time to copy and adapt it to ps3
no one in the legal system cares about "coping"
its all about patents

i believe they also took xboxs achievements, im about to watch the video

meh they kinda took that but not to the degree, its more new than coping the achievements
but MAN
THEY BLEW MiiS OUT OF THE WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:
tirminyl said:
Will you people freaking stop with this "They stole this" crap. You fanboys are something else. Rather pathetic.

What are you talking about? They COPIED the entire concept from Nintendo and then added in some stuff to make it seem, "original". How pathetic is that. The fact of the matter is though that PS3 is still a 600 piece of sh*t with sh*t games for the ridiculous price of $59.99 and no innovative thing to mention at all. They stole Microsofts accomplishments concept and are now passing that off as their own as well. Yes I think Nintendo should sue if they have a legal right to. This just makes me more convince how good Nintendo has done this year and last. This is clearly a last ditch attempt to get more people to buy the PS3 besides blind and graphic obssessed Sony fanboys. The only thing I can say is that Nintendo needs to introduce some new things too which are similar and yet more fun than "Home". Plus Miis are something new and different. The people in that movie are the same old boring humans we see each day. And The Sims already has that market down.

The only thing I'll concede is that the movie was pretty good.

Last edited:
Now i will admit, I love my Wii with all my heart! But that is seriously some nice **** right there! If the price for PS3 dropped a few hundred, I would buy it for this. And of course keep my Wii and play it very often

Meh.

Yes, meh.

Sony always lies, they won't follow through.

And axtlar is the biggest Nintendo fanboy I've ever seen, heard of, or met. Sure, this is a Wii site, but still.

And in case this is true, then thank God I bought a PS3...

Last edited:
This beta is to come out in April, on a large scale. Here's a joystiq article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/07/playstation-home-the-free-virtual-world-of-playstation-3/

I think this looks great. I've been waiting for them to announce this.

You know what? Everyone copies. Good ideas should be implemented. Consider this:
-PS3 copies Wii and 360 for "Mii" and "Achievements"
-PS3 adds motion sensing to the controller, but it's hardly a copy of the Wii
-360/Xbox copies PS2/PS1 for the controller layout (switches a joystick and DPAD around)
-PS1 copies... Wait? What DID PS1 copy?
--PS1 introduced the first CD medium that was relatively easy to develop for, as opposed to 3DO. Sega CD wasn't marketed heavily enough.
--PS1 introduces joysticks and rumble in later revisions of the controller.
--Oh wait, it was still a game console. It copied aspects of each console prior to it.

What about Nintendo? They've been good at not copying, but adapting to their own designs. The only significant difference between the Wii and GameCube is the addition of motion sensitive controls and pointing capabilities (with a boost in horsepower).
-Nintendo "copied" online gaming from the Xbox 360, which you could say copied PCs.
-Nintendo "copied" online purchases through Virtual Console --> Xbox Live Arcade?

What I'm trying to make a point of is that noone really copies anyone -- they either adapt to successful technologies of theirs, or invent. What did Sony do that was an industry first?
Some of these are exclusive on the premium system:
-PS3 made rechargable controllers STANDARD. They work out of the box without having to buy recharge packs or rechargable batteries.
-PS3 has HDMI onboard -- a console first!
-PS3 has gigabit ethernet
-PS3 has a selection of onboard memory card slots
-PS3 has virtual memory cards for PS2/PS1 games
-PS3 lets you install an alternate operating system (linux) out of the box
-Hard drive is standard.

Sony still has innovated. Everyone has contributed to the console cause in their own way.

MasterJedi2U said:
What are you talking about? They COPIED the entire concept from Nintendo and then added in some stuff to make it seem, "original". How pathetic is that. The fact of the matter is though that PS3 is still a 600 piece of sh*t with sh*t games for the ridiculous price of $59.99 and no innovative thing to mention at all. They stole Microsofts accomplishments concept and are now passing that off as their own as well. Yes I think Nintendo should sue if they have a legal right to. This just makes me more convince how good Nintendo has done this year and last. This is clearly a last ditch attempt to get more people to buy the PS3 besides blind and graphic obssessed Sony fanboys. The only thing I can say is that Nintendo needs to introduce some new things too which are similar and yet more fun than "Home". Plus Miis are something new and different. The people in that movie are the same old boring humans we see each day. And The Sims already has that market down.

the world is based off of taking the best and then improving
if someone saw this and miis they would never guess they were similar in any way
these are so different from miis, its not lie sony got the concept for wii, but its basically its own better thing

I must confess, if they pull all that off, it looks amazing, hell that would definately sell PS3s, it's making me consider buying one now before the price drops :p.

MasterJedi2U said:

Should Nintendo be sued for having a Sim like interface and characters, especially if they did something to this level? Should Nintendo be sued for coming up with "game play" that was already done before? Nintendo could **** on your plate and you would think it was the best thing since sliced bread. Microsoft also was not the first to give achievement points for games.

No idea anyone has is original. It's just an evolution of the pre-existing idea. All this does is make Nintendo and Microsoft bump up their UI for their next or current consoles. Taking ideas and tweaking them for your use is what provides competition. Competition benefits the user. Get over it.

tirminyl said:
Should Nintendo be sued for having a Sim like interface and characters, especially if they did something to this level? Should Nintendo be sued for coming up with "game play" that was already done before? Nintendo could **** on your plate and you would think it was the best thing since sliced bread. Microsoft also was not the first to give achievement points for games.

No idea anyone has is original. It's just an evolution of the pre-existing idea. All this does is make Nintendo and Microsoft bump up their UI for their next or current consoles. Taking ideas and tweaking them for your use is what provides competition. Competition benefits the user. Get over it.
ok
what other place gave out achievement points for doing certin tasks in games....
none cause im 100% sure no other place had achievements

Sovieto said:
ok
what other place gave out achievement points for doing certin tasks in games....
none cause im 100% sure no other place had achievements

Atari did this for one with the clothing patches.

tirminyl said:
Atari did this for one with the clothing patches.
highscores, not various tasks
clothing patches, not points
not called achievements, no built in system for them either

I've just read all about this, and for the first time ever I've just used the word 'cool' to describe something about the PS3. I don't even particularly like the whole thing, but I can appreciate that Sony have created something quite fun and enjoyable there.

But still, I'd expect a games console to give me regular fellatio for £425. It's a ridiculous price tag and one which is really holding the PS3 back from being a success (though in the long-term it probably will be successful).

I just hope Nintendo look at this sort of thing and think "ah, Sony and grabbing people's attention with this Playstation Home stuff and whatnot. Right, we've now got to get people focusing on us again." And if they think that, hopefully we'll see yet more coolness come the Wii's play.

I have to admit...this is a very neat idea! And Sony did a great job.....its nothing what I thought it would be. The only problem is its still a 600 dollar system...and adding a little feature like that isnt going to increae sales by a whole lot :lol:
Sony needs a price cut...and if they dont relize that yet then they do belong in last place in the console war!

God...I wish I was rich so I could buy a PS3! :sad:
**** you Kazuo Hirai....**** you

Last edited:
Back