PS3 Murks The Entire Mii System And Wii With This

Sovieto said:
highscores, not various tasks
clothing patches, not points
not called achievements, no built in system for them either

Oh so you saying Microsoft stole the idea and modified to fit what they wanted? Gotcha.

so, looking at this, this reminds me of the skit on the cheplle show, "what if the internet were a real place". This does look cool, but i dont know, i still love the miis idea.

tirminyl said:
Oh so you saying Microsoft stole the idea and modified to fit what they wanted? Gotcha.
hardly
they are more or less based off of getting rewards for doing certin things in real life

Mii Casa anyone???

Just copy Sony back.

The only reason I say copy is because PS Home wouldn't have been created if Nintendo hadn't created Mii's... the same with tilt function.

I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to make some big announcements once their gag order is dropped.

Sovieto-achievement points are just a bragging man's unlockable content, with nothing to unlocked. In other words, Microsoft exchanged unlockable content for a numerical value... nothing special

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
hardly
they are more or less based off of getting rewards for doing certin things in real life

You achieved a certain score or action in a game. You take a photo of your score or said achievement. You mail it in and they mail you a patch. Microsoft gives you points for a certain action in a game and are just now giving you something back for getting those points. Same thing different machine.

Rahnter said:
The only reason I say copy is because PS Home wouldn't have been created if Nintendo hadn't created Mii's... the same with tilt function.

I have a feeling that Nintendo is going to make some big announcements once their gag order is dropped.

Mii's wouldn't have been created if it weren't for Sims. Or other gaming devices that used tilt functionality. Nintendo didn't spawn creation. Although, I do hope Nintendo gives us a big announcement or something to look forward to.

Wow, now theres: ONE reason to get the ps3!!
i think that is awsome!
to be honest...i hope the xbox copies this!

tirminyl said:
Mii's wouldn't have been created if it weren't for Sims. Or other gaming devices that used tilt functionality. Nintendo didn't spawn creation. Although, I do hope Nintendo gives us a big announcement or something to look forward to.

I should've used "incorporated," instead of "created."

"The only reason I say copy is because PS Home wouldn't have been created if Nintendo hadn't incorporated Mii's into their system... the same with tilt function."

You cannot deny that Sony doesn't conveniently announce "new" aspects of their system until after they see that Nintendo has garnered some success/attention with their ideas

I have to give my props to sony. They just made the nintendo mii look like garbage. Well it looked like garbage form the beginning, but this just rubs it in. This is why you spend $600 for a console, rather than $250 for a kids toy. Its funny listening to you little kids complain about this. Waaaaahh sony copied nintendo. They didnt copy, they improved nintendos crappy mii idea. Enjoy your mii parade :lol:

Ok... the only way this is similar to Mii is because you have customizable virtual avatars. So the **** what? I find this HIGHLY more original than the Mii. I still think that Wii is a better overall system, but PS3 may just be able to compete with 360 online-wise with this "Home". It looks amazing, especially with bluetooth headsets enabled. Right now, Wii's online future is looking pretty bleak. They better not fail.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I have to give my props to sony. They just made the nintendo mii look like garbage. Well it looked like garbage form the beginning, but this just rubs it in. This is why you spend $600 for a console, rather than $250 for a kids toy. Its funny listening to you little kids complain about this. Waaaaahh sony copied nintendo. They didnt copy, they improved nintendos crappy mii idea. Enjoy your mii parade :lol:
well...
to be honest

i thinks its an insult to sony to compare this to the miis :lol: :ihih: :ciappa:

Rahnter said:
Mii Casa anyone???

Just copy Sony back.

Sovieto-achievement points are just a bragging man's unlockable content, with nothing to unlocked. In other words, Microsoft exchanged unlockable content for a numerical value... nothing special

Wow...you get two brownies for the idea of Mii casa. Bravo, bravo.

Sovieto said:
well...
to be honest

i thinks its an insult to sony to compare this to the miis :lol: :ihih: :ciappa:

So true. This is comparable to second life. The best part is that its free.

Ok, if ps3 releases some good games and lowers the price by at least $200 then i'm sold. I'll buy one and sell my Wii.... if it comes down to it :scared:

Rahnter said:
Mii Casa anyone???

Just copy Sony back.

ps3 has a harddrive
wii dosent
it would be basically impossible for wii to release something of this scale or greater
gives you something worthwhile to do instead of getting bored with your video games quickly
imagine if there was an achievement for getting 1000 skill level in all the sports, or 1 for each indivdual sport for wii sports, makes you want to earn something and get something out of your game
AND
there is a rewards system that recently started up
by peforming various tasks based around achievements you can win stuff
as of april 12th i will recieve my prizes i earned
(im only a level 1 out of 3 so i got the crap of craps, all though im a lvl 2 now, and soon to be lvl 3, all though you probably dont get this yet)
i won:
xbox live arcade game: Contra
lvl 1 gamer pic
level up (which made me a level 2)

lvl 3s would win:
xbox 360 game: Fusion Frenzy 2
t-shirt (with small print of sponser of the challenege)
200 microsoft points
lvl 3 gamer pic

cool eh?

Last edited:
Wiinoob said:
Ok, if ps3 releases some good games and lowers the price by at least $200 then i'm sold. I'll buy one and sell my Wii.... if it comes down to it :scared:

They will lower their price if you prefer them to rip the blue-ray drive out, along with the 60gb hd, hdmi, built in wifi, and lock down the software if thats the case, you should just pick up a 360 :smilewinkgrin:

Don't worry, I own a Wii60 and plan to upgrade to a Wii63 end of this year or early next.

Back