PS3 or iPhone

Daveman said:
Wow umm okay. Im not trying to fight here but my bud put his iphone in his pocket with headphones wrapped around it. Have you ever rubbed those things against that kind of plastic? It makes an incredably thick irremovable smudge that is far worse looking than scratches. I couldnt stop laughing at how pissed he was.

Oh and man, you gotta learn that sometimes the consumer knows more than the reviewer. What i mean by this is that someone who has it and carries it with them all the time is going to supply you with better info than someone whos job is to f*ck with it for a day
As I said before the screen is made of glass not plastic. The put it in a bag with keys and shook it around to simulate having it in your pocket with your keys and not a scratch. Then they applied pressure on it with the blade of a key and still, no scratches. If a key won't scratch it, I doubt earbuds will. A reviewer will be more accurate since they have experience with these types of things. Also, no one has had an iPhone for more than a day so that last sentence is just retarded. I also have a link with a video to actually prove something, where I have no proof that your friends iPhone is scratched and for all I know you could be some anti Apple guy that just goes around saying **** about Apple products. Or like a lot of the people that talk **** about the PS3 because they can't afford one.

GamerCon said:
I want to see someone try to scratch it with keys. If i got one, i wouldnt only cause its $600. I would have to see someone do it to believe it.
Did you look at the link I posted? It has a video of someone doing just that.

ps3.....
iphones cool and all but i think id rather stick with an ordinary phone and my soon to be flashcarted ds.
Even though im not the greatest fan of the ps3, another console woudnt hurt would it?

I'm not to sure... I would probably chose the PS3 but an iPhone seems tempting :p

I already have the PlayStation 3, and I'd pick that over the iPhone.

I want to get an iPhone, and I probably will one day. But I already have a good cell phone and a iPod, so there isn't a huge need for it.

Well I have a PS3, I don't regret buying that...

And I've got an iPod and I love my phone (Sony Ericsson K800)

I basically use my phone to call/text/take pictures... Which I heard isn't too good on the iphone (the taking pictures part), not sure if it's true.

My K800 has a 3.2mp camera, not sure about the iPhone.

If I was to buy any new phone it would have to be the Nokia N95

$600 for a phone that can only be used on a slow gsm network? No thanks. My plan with sprint is $50 a month and I get 1250 anytime minutes, unlimited night and weekends (nights start at 6:00pm), unlimited internet/data, no roaming charges, unlimited sprint to sprint calls, 500 text messages a month. I feel bad for all the saps that bought that phone. Especially for the losers that camped out for it.

paintba||er said:

As I said before the screen is made of glass not plastic. The put it in a bag with keys and shook it around to simulate having it in your pocket with your keys and not a scratch. Then they applied pressure on it with the blade of a key and still, no scratches. If a key won't scratch it, I doubt earbuds will. A reviewer will be more accurate since they have experience with these types of things. Also, no one has had an iPhone for more than a day so that last sentence is just retarded. I also have a link with a video to actually prove something, where I have no proof that your friends iPhone is scratched and for all I know you could be some anti Apple guy that just goes around saying **** about Apple products. Or like a lot of the people that talk **** about the PS3 because they can't afford one.

Did you look at the link I posted? It has a video of someone doing just that.

Congratulations... it wont get scratched by keys in your pocket.... still wont ever consider buying it

I'd go with the PS3. The iphone maybe the most anticipated wireless communication product in history but the fact is it uses out dated technology. Cingular or AT&T (whatever they call themselves today) decides to use out dated EGDE data network rather than the faster 3G UMTS or HSPD which is availible on the older Samsung Blackjack or Treo 750.

EDGE is a 2.5G wireless data network with max capable speeds of 256kbps while a 3G HSPD or even CDMAs EVDO rev-A is capable of a 750kps average with a burst of up to 2Mps.

Keep in mind the cingular's EDGE network is a lot broader than their 3G network here in the US, but why limit yourself to just EDGE. The Samsung Blackjack and Treo 750 will primarily use the faster 3G network. If no 3G network is found it will downgrade a search for an EDGE network. Why doesn't Cingular and Apple add this capability.

There seems to be a lot of hype on the iphone and no doubt people will buy it, but realisticly why buy out dated technology

Last edited:
The iPhone is pretty expensive, and I would never spend between 500 and 600 dollars on it. That being said, if I were to choose between getting a free iPhone or a free PS3, I would have to go for the iPhone.

This is because as a medical student, I don't have all the time in the world to play video games. I have trouble finding time to play my Wii as it is. I own a third generation iPod and wouldn't mind getting a more updated version. Additionally, I would love to get to my hands on a portable video player with WiFi capability for the long nights on call at the hospital. Also with the phone features, I wouldn't mind having to carry one less appliance around with me wherever I go.

Of course, it's all about preference and how the products work in your own personal lives.

Dont forget the activation fee, $36, and the monthly fee, $60 minimum. If you really want what the iPhone has for cheap-er, get a Blackjack or something.

i have the iPhone...and im paying 59dolllars american...in canada with all the roaming charges just so I can use the phone...my bill is going to be 200+

but get an Iphone...8gb its amazing

personally...and iphone
why?
It will REPLACE my existing phone so it will be the only mobile i use
wheres a ps3 will have my time shared with my wii, 360 and PC already owned.

and i hate how people hate on things just because they cant afford..

Back