PS3 Or PS2?

NOS

SHiFT
Jan 8, 2007
Mii Channel
Alot of people have said that the PS3 is pretty much the PS2 with gaming, other than that its useless as a "Home Entertainment System," or "Totally overated," and also "I should have tried it first...:mad: " Do these quotes really reveal the PS3?

NOS said:
Alot of people have said that the PS3 is pretty much the PS2 with gaming, other than that its useless as a "Home Entertainment System," or "Totally overated," and also "I should have tried it first...:mad: " Do these quotes really reveal the PS3?

Considering the the quote "the ps3 is pretty much the ps2 with gaming" doesn't even make sense. I'd assume all those quotes are from not so smart people.

WOW. PS3 is just like PS2?!?!?! Hell no. The PS3 is currently the most powerful gaming system available.

What you need to do is go to every website (NOT FORUMS) that has anything to do with video games and read reviews. Find out the specs, what they mean, look at some videos, go check one out in a store, and judge for yourself.

its a graphics machine...and gameplay is what matters

ps3 is the most unorigional and unlogical system ever...they copy ideas from everyone (motion sensers from wii, guide button from 360) plus its not the high def era of gaming. most people dont have high definition so blu-ray is a messup for them

plenty of other reasons but dont wanna type this all on my wii (takes too long )

WiiPlaya said:
its a graphics machine...and gameplay is what matters

ps3 is the most unorigional and unlogical system ever...they copy ideas from everyone (motion sensers from wii, guide button from 360) plus its not the high def era of gaming. most people dont have high definition so blu-ray is a messup for them

plenty of other reasons but dont wanna type this all on my wii (takes too long )
YOU HEARD IT FIRST THERE, RIGHT THERE FOLKS! FROM A NINTENDO FANBOY HIMSELF!

and just for 1 thing that i really havent heard before that i should clear up, blu ray also holds a lot of space so its a gamer's dream of a disc format, not just for the definition

Sovieto said:
YOU HEARD IT FIRST THERE, RIGHT THERE FOLKS! FROM A NINTENDO FANBOY HIMSELF!

and just for 1 thing that i really havent heard before that i should clear up, blu ray also holds a lot of space so its a gamer's dream of a disc format, not just for the definition

well because of the blue ray, and because of how much space it can hold...it is supposed to make games cost between $60 and $100 can...iunno i havent looked into that but its completly logical...

and IM NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY...i cant help it if wii owns...i still like 360 and i credit microsoft for making a VERY smart move and getting GTA on their system...gta was like one of ps2's best sellers...and there dosnt seem to be any very intriguing games that are JUST for the ps3...now theres basically no reason for anyone to want to go get ps3 other than graphics

Like Kepa said, don't go to forums, especially ones devoted to one system. (Yes I know there are many PS3 people here, but the majority are for the wii.)

i have gone to local futureshops and tried out the ps3 first hand. It dosnt seem like its anything out of the ordinary (besides its graphics) and it is BASICALLY a remake of the ps2 with a bunch of extra stuff to jack up the price. I would really like to try the online though...apparently wii's online will be better than that of ps3 so...what can i say...wii owns

re

WiiPlaya said:
well because of the blue ray, and because of how much space it can hold...it is supposed to make games cost between $60 and $100 can...iunno i havent looked into that but its completly logical...

and IM NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY...i cant help it if wii owns...i still like 360 and i credit microsoft for making a VERY smart move and getting GTA on their system...gta was like one of ps2's best sellers...and there dosnt seem to be any very intriguing games that are JUST for the ps3...now theres basically no reason for anyone to want to go get ps3 other than graphics

Yeah nothing else. I definitely wouldnt want it for high def movies, free online play, resistance fall of man, mgs4, motorstorm, lair, optical out for surround sound, hdmi & component for games in 720p/1080p, or the best graphics/gameplay of any system available. Definitely none of those :frown2:

re

WiiPlaya said:
i have gone to local futureshops and tried out the ps3 first hand. It dosnt seem like its anything out of the ordinary (besides its graphics) and it is BASICALLY a remake of the ps2 with a bunch of extra stuff to jack up the price. I would really like to try the online though...apparently wii's online will be better than that of ps3 so...what can i say...wii owns

I would love to see the wii play any game with 40 people in the same level. You played a demo of motorstorm and nba. The demo for motorstorm is nothing like the actual game. Resistance is an awesome game too. Its nice being able to go online and play against other people completely free.

Sovieto, why is the only kind of fanboy you hate the Nintendo kind? Oh, that's right! Because you're the Sony kind, and no one cares about MS! I'm not defending Nintendo fanboys, i'm just saying that if you're gonna hate fanboys, hate all of them.

And Wii&Ps3, since when is being able to have 40 people in the same level so important? Either way, you can't really say anything about Wii's online play, because IT DOESN'T EXIST YET! Hold your ****ing horses! For all we know, it could be better than XBL and Ps3 Online! It's pretty unlikely, but it just might happen! You never know! And yeah, a lot of Ps3's games are awesome and will be awesome, but HD movies-WHO THE **** BUYS A VG CONSOLE FOR THAT? And then there's the thing about the best gameplay-which counts more than everything except games, whch it's equal to-being pure opinion.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah nothing else. I definitely wouldnt want it for high def movies, free online play, resistance fall of man, mgs4, motorstorm, lair, optical out for surround sound, hdmi & component for games in 720p/1080p, or the best graphics/gameplay of any system available. Definitely none of those :frown2:
Do you really want people to start listing the reasons to buy a Wii, over reasons to buy PS3? Cause you pretty much covered the PS3 there, but I don't think you'd want to see the 3-mile long post of reasons to get a Wii. High-Def, Surround Sound. Who cares. I've got that in my computer, and I didn't have to stand in line or camp out for 16 days. And Blu-Ray is no reason to buy the system. It's a disc. that's it.

Yeah please make a list. My wii is collecting dust. It might give me some motivation to actually play zelda.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah please make a list. My wii is collecting dust. It might give me some motivation to actually play zelda.
Ok. I'll try. Might take a little time though.
Ok. Wii sports, Wii-Mote, Gamecube compatibility, Gamecube controllers, the Classic controller, N64 titles, NES titles, Genesis titles, Turbo Graphics 16 titles, a new innovative way to interact with the console, free online, more 3rd party licenses than any other system, Yes Zelda, soon coming Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros., Second Opinion, Mii's, a Speaker built into the controller, Pixel accurate motion sensor, Vibration feature, power button built into the controller, Elibits, A fast growing Wii only online community, wireless access to connect a DS lite, if a friend pisses you off, you can hit them with the controller, and they'll believe you when you tell them it was an accident, use the controller as a steering wheel without having to buy a controller specifically for driving games, use the controller as a tennis racket, or golf club, or baseball bat, or pool cue, or mouse cursor, or boxing gloves, or fishing pole, or scalpel, or a gun, or a NES controller, the possibilites are only limited by your imagination, and don't forget, people that use to compain when you'd sit around playing videogames all day want to play the Wii. Those reasons are way better than, "It's got Blu-Ray, and pretty graphics."

Back