PS3 or Wii

good one staggly agree with everything you say in your post . i to am a old time nintendo fan since the nes had every console and handheld that came out here in america with one dissapointing one lol virtual boy lol grrrr...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii IS THE BEST **** THE SHIT60 AND THE PS GLITCHBOX!!!!

Seriously...I love the wii, it's great, but that doesn't mean the other systems are crap. The 360s great and the PS3 is too, but not for the price tag.

ThatGuy127 said:
Seriously...I love the wii, it's great, but that doesn't mean the other systems are crap.
amen

ThatGuy127 said:
The 360s great and the PS3 is too, but not for the price tag.
sure they are if you're actually looking for everything that they offer; just a console? then yeah, not worth it.

hey i guys guess what,it doesn't matter if the ps3's graphics are awsome when there games really REALLY suck!

Cheers to everyone who has liked my post (which is possibly the longest post ever on a forum but never mind !), I don't know why I have never got a 360, money reasons, space reasons and poss because it is just a souped up Box (which I have and love) but it has made me think about the fact then once I got my XBox (original) I would very rarely buy games for my PS2, any multi format game I would get on the Box over the Playstation and I believe that would happen again if I had a 360 and a PS3 so I really cannot see the point.

Of course one day when the PS3 is really cheap, I have a HD TV and Blu Ray is becoming much bigger maybe I will pick one up, grab say FF15 or whatever is out by then and be a happy bunny but for now it just doesn't fit with my gaming needs or indeed multiformat machine needs so I will pass it up.

Interestingly I heard from my Brother (29 and still a game player, he too has a Wii) that Sony have lost exclusivity rights to Virtua Fighter now....it seems that the developers are possibly losing faith in sony who do not really have any exclusives left (GTA, VF, FF, Dragons Quest etc etc) and this will in the future speak volumes. I do not want the 'Station or indeed Sony to fall by any means but it is concerning that the bad is outweighing the good.

Oh yeah and the European Wii launch was the best European console launch in history....just thought I’d get that in!!! In terms of sales figures that is.

Malone - dunno my wii number off hand and I can barely connect at home (do not have broadband and although I can pick up on a wireless network floating around my neighbourhood it is rather picky about whether it will work or not) but I will make a note of it over the holidays and be back in new year....unless of course I can connect enough to download opera later on and post form there!

Adios amigos.

buckyfellini said:
personally I'd rather give a little extra to Sony than ANY to Microsoft ... not just in terms of consoles either, any consumer electronics.

and it isn't just graphics i think, don't you have to buy extra stuff to use the dvd on the xbox?

No offense, but there is no way I would support Sony after everything they've done. I would rather my money going to support Microsoft, at least they are honest and genuine, as opposed to the lying, overcharging scumbags that are Sony.

Have a read of this: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bullshit

There was also a really good article in Hyper about Sony, and the lies they were perpetrating against Microsoft (MS are seeking a lawsuit against Sony for their slander) in addition to other things; I'd scan it up if I had a scanner...

*edit* Not to mention, they replaced Ken Kutaragi with some dopey white guy

Last edited:
Well, Its a little to early to choose which one i would take. But if i had to choose one id go with the wii. Games are looking good for now, and the future. Plus its cheap. Nothing wrong with that. :)

If i had 1000 dollars to choose one though.. Thats a whole diffrent story, lol.

No Smoking said:
2-Everyone hates sony

I love Sony, most of my best childhood memories had to do with Playstation (1 and 2) and/or one of SOE's MMORPGs.

I loved the gamecube and I'm no child. Who says you have to be a kid to enjoy Nintendo characters? Who cares if the wii can play a DVD or not? I didn't spend 250 dollars on the wii to use it as a DVD player. This is one of the areas Nintendo gets my respect, they build consoles to play games and they do it well.

I have a 360, a Wii, and a PS3. All bought at launch date, all i have to say is: It's preference. It's different for every person. I'd say you have to try it first imo it's a different experience for everyone. The Wii, especially, has motion sensing and offers a differnt experience from the other two and that definitely needs some trying out. The 360 and PS3 are traditional consoles with up to date technology so if you want one of those, you have to weight the choices (price, games, functionality, etc.)

if you want to see a explosian so real,you don't buy a $600 game system,you light a match by a gas station and run.
If you wan't gameplay,you buy a Wii.

re

psychono2 said:
if you want to see a explosian so real,you don't buy a $600 game system,you light a match by a gas station and run.
If you wan't gameplay,you buy a Wii.

Why does the most illiterate person on the forum always have to reply to every sony topic?

Real gameplay? I was just playing online against 30 other people in rfom. I guess real gameplay is being able to check the weather in another country? Or its bowling with people without legs? The wii isnt bad, but the ps3 dominates it hands down.

Back