Ps3 Price Cut Today And 80gb Model Announced

yup, guess sony just wants to lose more money...

*sigh*

i guess there THAT desperate

dude sonys not losing money their gaining it now

australia is selling alot there

and why would they be desperate ps3 is a great console

and you may wnt to edit your post before a fanboy comes
im a ps3 fanboy but the good kind so you want see my trashing 360 or wii (i own a wii and i lov it to )

im not saying that the ps3 is bad

i just hate how sony has managed to f*up

they doing good in Australia ...whoop-di-do

their losing everywhere else though

and yes they are losing money on every ps3 they sell
"But with Sony already losing hundreds of dollars on each PS3 it sells, a price cut just nine months after it launched will cause it to bleed even more red ink in the short run."

again, im not saying the ps3 is bad, just sony

Aren't they going to put the new processors in them now that are cooler and cheaper to produce to make up for the money they lose from the price drop? They lose money on the consoles, but they make that up with all the games and accessories just like MS does. I don't see how Sony ****ed up either, besides their marketing. The way the market it it makes it seem more expensive than the 360, but the opposite is actually true once you buy all the **** for the 360. Anyway, Sony can easily recover from the low sales.

zeon said:
im a ps3 fanboy
Tch, tch, read the sig.

paintba||er said:

Tch, tch, read the sig.

paintballer you know me

you have never seen me dissing the ps3,360,wii

hell i defend each console from the bad fanboys

remember when i was about to get 360 but didnt because i found out that it was actully more expensive then a ps3 (if you dont know what i mean google it)

Sony are making money on their consoles when they sell them in the the Uk and places like Australia where their sales are the greatest.

---Brian--- said:
Sony are making money on their consoles when they sell them in the the Uk and places like Australia where their sales are the greatest.

yea exatly

and then they get the money off of games oh and btw the games sell more then the ps3 therefore they get alot of money through just that

and then theirs australia and europe like brian said

som1 said:
im not saying that the ps3 is bad

i just hate how sony has managed to f*up

they doing good in Australia ...whoop-di-do

their losing everywhere else though

and yes they are losing money on every ps3 they sell
"But with Sony already losing hundreds of dollars on each PS3 it sells, a price cut just nine months after it launched will cause it to bleed even more red ink in the short run."

again, im not saying the ps3 is bad, just sony

haha wow. Yes how DARE sony take more of a hit per console to make it more affordable for others. How dare they take the extra cost of using blue ray, how dare they cater to the consumer's budget while taking the loss on their part. How dare they!!!! lol

Prices cuts happen champ, and Im glad sony used good hardware and took a loss for using next gen gear, than going the route nintendo has with old cheap hardware and making a profit.

What does this mean? this means that Sony knows that it will have to release good games and more features to make up for the loss they take to give you a next gen system.

You have to respect a company that will take a loss to provide you with a high end system.

Its also kind of funny that you THINK sony has some how F'd up as you put it. lol how did they mess up? The system is still new. Think on this, microsoft rushed the 360 to come out first, while sony took much longer to perfect their system. Whats the difference? Well microsoft expects to spend over 1 Billion dollars on repairs to the 360. Its said that over 30% of 360s have the red ring of death, over heating.ect. So what ends up happening is you have a system that is unstable but has a lot of games, or a system thats completely next gen, coming out later and perfected.

Sony is smart with what they are doing with HOME. Think about it, its a marketing dreamland for companies who want to show off their products. What does that mean? That means those companies are paying for the loss sony is taking via marketing. Its a long term goal sony is going for, not the quick buck.

think on it, if you can.

(btw, you are getting your "there, their, they're" mixed up big time. They're, not their. lol)

Last edited:
thank you shift personally i like wii to but when i get my ps3 ill probably keep it as a second system

and why even compare 360 to ps3 when obviously 360 has been out for like a year now

oh and wait what changed about the 360 since it came out hmmmm lets see

red lights are still their

the orginal price is still their

oh wait i for got it they released a "elite" system which is 20 bucks cheaper then the ps3

soo lets see if we buy elite well have to buy online ,hd-dvd drive etc. to get all the things a ps3 has soo dosn't that mean the ps3 is cheaper, yes , yes it does

they added a 3 year warrenty hmmmmmmm instead of doing that they could just ..........FIX THE DAM 360!!

------------------------------------------

im not flaming the 360. i just hate it when people bash the ps3 even though they know the ps3 is way more powerfull and it costs less oh and it dosnt break down..it has blu-ray, it never overheats...

just admit the ps3 is a well built system that has ne errors and when the ps3 was released the ps2 games were sorta blurry right? well now what happened in a month lets see the ps3 got a update and BOOM it go fixed

yes the ps3 just needs a simple update for it to get fixed

well the point is, sony took longer to release their system because it needed to be perfected. The 360 was released in such a way to be the first system on the market, while obviously skipping the testing and fixing required. They still made a lot of money, but the consumer in this case is the one that is let down.

The thing about companies who release consoles they take a loss with, is that they have to rely on good games to make back that profit. I like nintendo too, but because nintendo made the choice to use old tech and cheap hardware to make a profit on the consoles, it only means they have a lot less incentive to release quality games. No matter what they wont make a loss. Sony sells their console for less than its worth while making up for the cost themselves, which means they have a lot of incentive to release quality games in which to make back that loss. The drive is there because they need it to counteract the loss they take on the consumers half. Which is a great mentality for gaming.

So how do you early adopters of the ps3 feel?

If you had waited you could have had a cheaper console, or an 80gb one with motorstorm.
Its good for all the people who want one this holiday season though.

I just bought one. Actually last friday on a trip to San Antonio. I personally don't feel sorry about the price cut. I'd have had to wait at least 6 more months to get it (I wasn't going to buy it here in Mexico for about $900 bucks). The only disappointment I have right now is that Mexico is not included in the list while registering for the PS Network. I had to give a fake US address in order to register.

I don't understand why we are not there. I'm having trouble finding Malta on the map, but they are already included in the list. What a world!

ps3 baby eat that 360 fanboys haha ps3s the best for the money way to go sony

zeon9881 said:
im not flaming the 360. i just hate it when people bash the ps3 even though they know the ps3 is way more powerfull and it costs less oh and it dosnt break down..it has blu-ray, it never overheats...
They aren't that much more powerful. They are actually pretty close and the 360 has a better graphics card.

Here is a list showing how the PS3 is cheaper, that I made in another thread.

• Xbox 360 Elite - $480
  • HD DVD Drive - $200
  • Play & Charge - $20
  • Wifi Adapter - $100
  • Xbox Live - $250 (assuming you own the console for five years)
    [*]Total - $1050

• PS3 - $500
  • HDMI - $5
    [*]Total - $505

Now, you probably wouldn't need all of those things, but that is how much it would be to get them equally equipped. The 360 setup like that would have a bigger HDD, though the PS3's can be changed easily.

Back