PS3 Price-Drop This Summer?

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Anyobdy here about a price-drop this summer?

However, I don't see it coming anytime before Christmas '08. :)sad: - For PS3 awaiters)

I dont see it happening till the christmas season. They will strategically place their price cuts at a time where consumers are most likely to buy stuff.

Exactly what I was thinking.

No price drop this year! That's from their own mouths.

Just wondering, do you have the 50gb or 60gb version of the PS3?

360 still hasn't lowered their prices, I thought they would do it last year, I was waiting and waiting so I could buy one and it never happened so I got Wii instead and I'm so happy I got the Wii.

PS3 won't have a price drop for a while.

Get a laptop instead.

i beleieve as soon as the elite comes out the ps3 price will get slashed to at least equal the price

FR. said:
Just wondering, do you have the 50gb or 60gb version of the PS3?

well its was 20gig and 60gig, but they dont make 20gig anymore, i have the 60gig version:cornut:

i have had it for nearly two months and i have played resistance online everyday since i got it, its sooooo fun

mk_south_london said:
i beleieve as soon as the elite comes out the ps3 price will get slashed to at least equal the price

A PS3 Elite? Or are you talking about the XBox 360 Elite? If you're talking about the XBox, it's already out for production sale. It's black and has a larger hard drive. I certainly think it will give the PS3 a decent competitor since the Wii is in a totally different category catch my drift. :ihih:

FR. said:
A PS3 Elite? Or are you talking about the XBox 360 Elite? If you're talking about the XBox, it's already out for production sale. It's black and has a larger hard drive. I certainly think it will give the PS3 a decent competitor since the Wii is in a totally different category catch my drift. :ihih:

£440 for a 180Gb Ps3, seems like a fair price to me.

Griever said:
There will be a drop in November just in time for the new batch of EA Sports bullshit to come out. Simple as. xD

Microsoft tried to get Sony to agree that they should all leave the sports games up to EA. Sony said "hell no" and it seems they want to make sure there is no monopoly going on as far as one third party developer doing a genre of game. I dont like EA sports either to be honest.

EA release their games on every format possible so I don't know why it matters. Either way, a load of EA Sports games always seem to come out around November (especially the Football games since the new season has just started and it's near Xmas) and I personally think the price at about the same time to try and get people to buy the PS3 for Fifa 08 instead of the 360 and - also - because of Christmas.

Imagine the 360's been out for a year and its only getting more expensive! If they add the HD-DVD it would have been the same price as the PS3 for sure.

I think they may cut the price a little for summer but nothing more then 25 if they do. they wait for xmas to bring in 75-100.

Back