Mii Plaza
Wii Online Code
7228-8695-6936-7573
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/01/ps3-pros-and-cons-or-why-why-not/ said:
PROS

1. The technical power of the Cell
2. Blu-ray: more space (52G) is only a good thing
3. PlayStation is still the leader in the gaming industry
4. PSX, PS2 backwards compatibility (huge library of games)
5. Strong 3rd-party support
6. Controller: motion-sensing addition only a good thing
7. Online play (though still lackluster)
8. Standard harddrives
9. 1080p high definition gaming
10. Web browsing, just like the PSP
11. Connection to the PSP to enhance gameplay
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/01/ps3-pros-and-cons-or-why-why-not/ said:
CONS

1. Cost: we've said it a million times
2. Blue-Ray: too expensive storage medium
3. Size: the thing is big
4. High game prices
5. Architecture: Cell is too unique and could cause developer problems
6. No rumble
7. Even with redundancy, PS3 might have high defects at launch
8. Despite its strengths, the PS3 will only be marginally better than its competitors
9. Ken Kutaragi (will ruin the PS3?)
Avais100 said:
exactly its for HD. The PS3 is made specifically for HDTV but they dont even give out the cables when you buy it.
sagema said:
Computers don't overheat every 20 minutes. Computers can handle the internet. Computers can download and play/use multiple content (wpd, avi, mov, flash, shockwave, midi, ogm, etc). Computers can at least play Avi files. Computers can pause downloads, burn CDs, DvDs, and are upgradeable. Tell me how the PS3 is a computer? If anything it's like those fake computers you give a 5 year old kid. It just doesn't do 10% of what a real computer can do for half the price of a PS3.

Sovieto said:
price cant really be one since its such a great value, but it is a turn off for the mass market
all systems have defects at launch
ps3 potential hasnt even been discovered yet (comparing launch to 2nd gen 360 games isnt that cool)
the game prices are the same as the 360s
over time devs will learn how to easily dev for the ps3

Sovieto said:
the ps3 is the most bang for your buck, value wise, other than that really its your opinion, why do you guys create this anti-ps3 fanboy threads all the time? and im pretty sure no HD is not an option, since devs probably use cache or whatever off of the HD to help run the games faster and smoother (big mistake 360 made with having a model with no hd, thus making that option not an option)

and i would not want to see what else you say, since you are obviously bias towards nintendo........................

god damn ABC whyd you have to get banned

This is Oviously an opinion from a sony fan boy!

MetroidZ said:
the browser should be a con. it sucks.
Sovieto said:
it can only be a pro because an extra feature cant take away since its an "extra"

They Oviously Coppied The Wii! Just Like The Motion Control >_>

wiirules123 said:
cause ps3 is gay

He didnt really give any reasons, so i cant put it as a con or pro, but i preety much agree with it.

bdrains2003 said:
Agreed the $PS3$ is more than it should have been or needs to be.
Keeps me from buying one.

A Reply from Con #11

KumorikenSony said:
just killed themselves with the PS3...
there allready dead imo X_X

ecko MAN said:
ps3 is goin DOWN

And were they ever UP?

Napalmbrain said:
Sony have made some terrible decisions recently, but I'm a bit sceptical about these predictions of doom for the company. My guess is that in a few years the PS3 will be a success, but not as much a success as the PS1 and PS2 were.

A fact in my book.

PtonJalken said:
Ps3 could ultimately shut down Sony's gaming division. Im scepticle of them even making it to the next generation.

Attachments

• ps3premujoyp.jpg
    ps3premujoyp.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
hmm whered you get that from?
i wanted some pros and cons of your own

price cant really be one since its such a great value, but it is a turn off for the mass market
ps3 potential hasnt even been discovered yet (comparing launch to 2nd gen 360 games isnt that cool)

Sovieto said:
hmm whered you get that from?
i wanted some pros and cons of your own

well, if i made my own, theyd preet much be the samething!

MetroidZ said:
the browser should be a con. it sucks.
agreed.

Sovieto said:
it can only be a pro because an extra feature cant take away since its an "extra"

which they copied from wii?

opera had announced way before the ps3 that the wii would have a online browser made by them....

climbatiz said:

opera had announced way before the ps3 that the wii would have a online browser made by them....
the 360 was suppose to have a browser before either of them
and who cares about copying, its who perfects it

Wiired said:
You've never copied someone? :)

ok, i guess you got me on that one.... anyways i put the site in the quote so its not really copying if i give credit to the source. i dont see sony giving credit to nintendo about motion control or about internet browsering.

climbatiz said:
ok, i guess you got me on that one.... anyways i put the site in the quote so its not really copying if i give credit to the source. i dont see sony giving credit to nintendo about motion control or about internet browsering.
read my post above wiired's

Sovieto said:
read my post above wiired's

i know, but the fact that you were wrong made me feal man anough to leave it the way it was, do u have souces anyways?

climbatiz said:

dunno. PSP has had the browser for some time. and ps3 gets its interface from the PSP, the browser is similar and like the PSP browser sucks. They should have gone for firefox or something (since Wii had opera browser)

climbatiz said:
i know, but the fact that you were wrong made me feal man anough to leave it the way it was, do u have souces anyways?
not exactly i just heard from a tech geek about it, but the reason 360 didnt go through having a browser is because M$ felt it would take away from the pc market (you know how companies always have gay excuses like that)

MetroidZ said:
dunno. PSP has had the browser for some time. and ps3 gets its interface from the PSP, the browser is similar and like the PSP browser sucks. They should have gone for firefox or something (since Wii had opera browser)

Yeah, but i wasnt talking about hand-held consolds, thx for the info anyways.

and the Nintendo DS also has Web Browsering (which kinda sucked as well)

Back