PS3 Slim officially announced for $300

What's everybody's thoughts on it?

To be honest, I really like it, and I really want one. It looks the ****! I won't be getting one though, my old 40GB (read: 320GB) is fine.

wow i dont have a PS3!
i think this will be my this years Christmas present ;]

I really Dont like the look of it to me it looks like a chinese ripoff.
But I will get a new Phat system to use it as a Blu-ray player.And the price drop cant hurt right?

Hmmm, I actually like the look of this one more so than the original PS3...Maybe I'm less bird like than I thought and am not attracted to shiny objects as much...

Having said that, I might have to do some research and find some games that interest me enough to actually buy one.

Upon first seeing it (and it turns out we actually did see it in those "rumored" photo leaks), I thought the thing looked damn ugly. But the look of the design is growing on me.

It's more fingerprint-friendly with the matte finish over the gloss, thats for sure.

Anyway, this is going to be a fierce competitor with the Nintendo Wii that is only 50 dollars cheaper.

Late to the thread, I know. :|

Yeah, the exterior isn't that good looking, but it's acceptable IMO. At only $300 I may be picking one up in the near future, maybe late September.

Agreed with Bio, this is going to bring some pressure to Nintendo. For $50, you can get Blu Ray, better online, etc.

Looks nice and all, but compared to my 60 Gb (upgraded to 320 Gb) Phat PS3 it simply does not cut it to me.

Back