PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Sovieto's signature says it best:
the ps3 is a 600 home entertainment system that happens to play games. look, im not saying the wii is better than the ps3 in any category except gameplay. graphics, harddrive, everything but gameplay is superior to wii. however, this is a gaming system. don't buy the ps3 for the games. buy it because its a cool home entertainment system that's relatively cheap when compared to others.

why doesn't anyone get that it's a matter of preference. people who like the PS3 for all that it has are gonna fight till the end for it because it's what they prefer and the same for the Wii. The only thing that has made me mad in the last few years is that Nintendo has not the got the attetion that they deserve and now they finally are.

Shiftfallout said:
Heres an analogy, lets see if your grown up enough make sense of it.
A guy walks up to a car lot with cars for sale, there are two brands. One is the honda civic, and the other the mercedes SLroadster. Now heres the question, which one is better? The honda has more sales over the Mercedes. By your argument the Honda would be the greater car. Does that make it correct?

Heres another analogy. You walk into a supermarket looking for bread. You are directed over to the bakery section. On one shelf is a bunch of generic white bread that seems to be selling fast, behind you is a shelf with freshly baked bread from the bakery. Its not selling as many as the whitie generic sliced bread. Which one is better quality? By your argument, the one selling more is.

The fact of the matter remains, the psp is a vastly superior system that cost as much as the nintendo wii. Its by far a better hand held device, though because not a lot of kids are buying it doesnt make it less good than the DS. Quantity does not always win over quality.

By the way, the wii section is back a few pages. Please troll there.

Okay, Dr.Dick, here are a couple "analogies"!

You go online, looking for a place that sells speakers. One site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.6 $375, comes with earbuds", another site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.5 $80". Which is the better buy? By your argument, you'd get those SuperSpeakers 4.6. I mean, they're more expensive, right?

You want to get a dog, so you go to the pet store. The salesman says, "Well, this dog is really nice, easy to train, and doesn't shed." He then points you to another dog, and says, "This dog is a bit more expensive"(about $400 more dollars)" but it has a really nice coat of fur. It's really...nice...fur." You'd go for the latter, correct?

Man, you're trying to make a point that the better-selling product is always better. No.

PSP? The failure? Okay, super cool! I can watch movies on my little screen! Or, I can pay $100 less to do the same thing on a portable DVD player! The DS is a game system, not a failing over-expensive device.

Last edited:
FWELR said:
i think Sovieto's signature says it best:
the ps3 is a 600 home entertainment system that happens to play games. look, im not saying the wii is better than the ps3 in any category except gameplay. graphics, harddrive, everything but gameplay is superior to wii. however, this is a gaming system. don't buy the ps3 for the games. buy it because its a cool home entertainment system that's relatively cheap when compared to others.

It's very ignorant of you both to say the PS3 won't have good games. When I do get a Ps3 it won't be for the blue-ray, high-end graphics, or harddrive, instead it'll be for the games just like it was with the Ps1 and Ps2 for me.

At the moment it doesn't have much right now, but just like the Ps2 it will eventually start pumping out the good stuff. People said the same thing about the ps2, but by 2002 it was turning out to be great. It takes awhile to make games for the Ps3, which is why a lot of the good ps3 games are taking so long. I predict by 2009 it'll have quite the library of games.

I'll be buying the Ps3 for GAMES.

En4Neo said:
It's very ignorant of you both to say the PS3 won't have good games. When I do get a Ps3 it won't be for the blue-ray, high-end graphics, or harddrive, instead it'll be for the games just like it was with the Ps1 and Ps2 for me.

At the moment it doesn't have much right now, but just like the Ps2 it will eventually start pumping out the good stuff. People said the same thing about the ps2, but by 2002 it was turning out to be great. It takes awhile to make games for the Ps3, which is why a lot of the good ps3 games are taking so long. I predict by 2009 it'll have quite the library of games.

I'll be buying the Ps3 for GAMES.

Thats what people did for the last two generations because of Sony and there vast exclusives.

Well Microsoft has 80 exclusives in total so far ... released and unreleased

Sony has .... 39 ....

hmmmm ... if metal gear solid 4 and FF 13 jump to 360, sony isn't going to have much left which makes it very hard to justify the 200 dollars cost premium.

chwisch87 said:
Thats what people did for the last two generations because of Sony and there vast exclusives.

Well Microsoft has 80 exclusives in total so far ... released and unreleased

Sony has .... 39 ....

hmmmm ... if metal gear solid 4 and FF 13 jump to 360, sony isn't going to have much left which makes it very hard to justify the 200 dollars cost premium.

MGS and FF13 coming to the 360 is not likely, but if many of the games start going 360 you better bet I'll be behind the 360. As it stands right now though, it won't happen. It's not like 360 hasn't lost some seemingly exclusive games either, Ninja Gaiden and Oblvion are a few that come to mind.

360 may have more exlclusives, but honestly more PS3 exclusives interest me.

Like that one guy above said, it's mostly personal preference. It's plain idiotic to tell someone their system sucks because you don't like the games or don't know if you like the games.

dsm91 said:
I'm not trying to insult the Wii by saying it's a kiddy system, but just look at the game library and tell me the vast majority of the games isn't geared toward kids. Then look at the majority of 360 games. PS is somewhere in between. Even the blind can see this.

You may have a point but look at this. The playstation is mainly for people who like the station. The wii on the other hand was made to get more people playin adults and children. So yea some of the games now are kinda kiddy. No one ever said all the games will be that way. Only time will tell. That's like me sayin the the playstation is a waste of money cause it has no games. At least not any I want to play. In time they will have plenty games I want to play. Hell playstation only has 3rd party games. Wii makes their own games and also has 3rd party games.

For now the wii is just flexing its muscles showin how the controls work and how easy it is to pick up and play. How many noobs to game do you know that can pick up a playstation controller and know what they are doing?

I have been playing games since the two button nintendo or the one button galaga or even the no button pac man. I have adapted kinda fast to new controllers. What about older people who want to play but just dont understand the controls?

Even better you know how some people ***** about how games are "corrupting" our youth?:frown2: Well with people playing the wii as of right now what can they say? they can play with their kids and maybe pay more attention to what they buy. Most of the time its the parents fault because they dont bother to check what they buy. Everyone needs a scapegoat i guess.

En4Neo said:
MGS and FF13 coming to the 360 is not likely, but if many of the games start going 360 you better bet I'll be behind the 360. As it stands right now though, it won't happen. It's not like 360 hasn't lost some seemingly exclusive games either, Ninja Gaiden and Oblvion are a few that come to mind.

360 may have more exlclusives, but honestly more PS3 exclusives interest me.

Like that one guy above said, it's mostly personal preference. It's plain idiotic to tell someone their system sucks because you don't like the games or don't know if you like the games.

As i recall, MS offered a free licensing fee if MGS was on the 360 at the same time it was on the PS3 ... thats a lot of money brother.

You can't really count oblivion, it mean, it was on the 360 before it came out on the PS3. You could count it if they waited to launch it until after PS3 launch.

What exclusives on the PS3 are you exactly looking forward to playing? I would really be curious to know?

NY_KRaKRocKS said:
Wii is selling more because people are poor and can't afford ps3

that is probaly the harshest thing i've heard on this forum for the 4 months i've been here. If a parent buys a console for christmas but because the wii is £250 cheaper and the whole family can join in that doesnt mean there poor it means they want a funner experience.

go to africa if you want to see poor.

NY_KRaKRocKS said:
I know who don't have a Wii- Michael J. Foxx and Muhammad Ali
This is simply because Wii requires pinpoint control of your hand and arms for some things.
Hold two pens in one hand and put your arm directly out. If your arm or hand is shaking, don't buy a wii.

and thats just as bad
Wii_Smurf said:
The PS3 HAD to take the Rumble out because it messed up the Motion Sensor when it Rumbled (Not of that It's not needed shite)

so the two people that were mentioned before could play it? didnt think so

think before you post something (not you wii smurf)

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I will lol so hard when blue-ray becomes the new Beta. HD-DVD is superior in price,and almost equal in graphics. MS is offering an optional HD-DVD player add-on to the 360. Perhaps ninty will in the future, if things go well. The point is they are optional instead of having sony shove it down your throat with the excuse that it's for better games. (Most of which will port over to PC once Vista has become standard)

I don't know if half the storage space can be called superior. Not to sound like a Blu ray fanboy, but notice the current sales trend lately? Ninty doesn't believe in High Definition, so good luck with them going to either format. What is this "Vista" you speak of. I'm on a mac.

But overall, I can accept the many flaws everyone has stated about the PS3. The big question is, can you accept the Wii flaws? OR are you looking at the Wii seeing no flaws whatsoever?

Last edited:
My god the Wii owns... said:
Okay, Dr.Dick, here are a couple "analogies"!

You go online, looking for a place that sells speakers. One site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.6 $375, comes with earbuds", another site advertises "SuperSpeakers v4.5 $80". Which is the better buy? By your argument, you'd get those SuperSpeakers 4.6. I mean, they're more expensive, right?

Ok first, you really shouldnt come here looking for a fight if youre unable to step up to the challenge. Meaning, if your going to try and look cool, you should do it without sounding like a moron.

One look at your name says it all.

Now if you would like to read my analogies, since you seem to have popped a raging clue before actually registering what meant, I will reexplain it to you. The analogy is clear, that the cheaper product will usually outsell the more expensive one. Honda civic vs mercedes benz. THIS does not always mean the product that outsells the other is better however.

What I as a consumer would rather buy has no relevance to the discussion. If I had to choose between a honda civic and a mercedes benz roadster, i would probably want the roadster. Does that make me stupid? No. Would I spend that much on it? that really depends on the consumer.

Feel free to go tard and reword it again though like the flaming fan boy you are though. I could care less.

You want to get a dog, so you go to the pet store. The salesman says, "Well, this dog is really nice, easy to train, and doesn't shed." He then points you to another dog, and says, "This dog is a bit more expensive"(about $400 more dollars)" but it has a really nice coat of fur. It's really...nice...fur." You'd go for the latter, correct?
How much more tarded can you get? You cant compare animals to products..lol

Where did you get this what i would prefer stuff? The cheaper product, aka generic loaf of bread will outsell the more expensive oven baked one in a supermarket. The topic is, does the higher selling loaf make one product better than the other? my argument is no. Making extremely bad analogies at what I personally would get has no relevance to the topic.

Read above.

Man, you're trying to make a point that the better-selling product is always better. No.
Um, NO. Thats the exact opposite of what my argument is. You just contradicted yourself in this entire post. Are you retarded? seriously. I wanna know. Cause if so I will treat you better and give you sympathy.

PSP? The failure? Okay, super cool! I can watch movies on my little screen! Or, I can pay $100 less to do the same thing on a portable DVD player! The DS is a game system, not a failing over-expensive device.

Thats funny, looking at the above quote you gave tends to contradict this next thing you said. AGAIN.

Where do I diss the DS? I dont. My simple argument was that though the DS has higher sales, its not the superior system. PSP is the cost of a nintendo wii. Its small and many wont see it worth the price. However, what i can do with it is beyond what I could do with the DS. I used to own one, but sold it. Im not quite sure you know what the PSP can do though, as its technically a mini handheld computer with a cd rom and a removable hardrive inside. It functions fairly well as one too. Its not aimed towards kids either, its fairly complex. Each hand held has its pros and cons however, the DS's pros are the dual screen, touch pad, and price. The pros of the PSP is that it can emulate most games up to the N64, plays movies and music, can be everything from an ebook reader to a tv remote. It does what modders and programmers want it to do. Its a pocket PC pretty much.

I think you are a really confused individual though just looking at your quotes. Better luck next time.

Shiftfallout, I just have to say this: Your analogies are crap. Yes, I agree that the sales does not necessarily indicate quality. But a car is a car. Bread is bread. The Wii is not a PS3. I feel that you miss a key element when you solely look at prices.

We have most of that son.....

NY_KRaKRocKS said:
:yikes: Insultin my system don't go well wit me. Here you are a$$ Hol3.

Blu-ray games - don't care
blu-ray technology - don't care
high definition graphics - don't care
storage of music - wii has
storage of video - wii has
storage of pictures - wii has
Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt) - wii has a much better one
bluetooth compatible - wii controllers use bluetooth
list of fun, real hits - we have funner games than you
crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME) - we already are online and are coming out with online multiplay too
PSP playback - gamecube backwards compatible
PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies) - wii shop
So if you still like playin a lunchbox worth $50 dollaz tops with no great games or features, then your :crazy: crazy.- you can keep playing your gay ripoff piece-o-crap if you like, but I am fine having the same amount or more fun for $350 dollars less....

I added some comments to your post above. :thumbsup:

RedProdigy said:
Shiftfallout, I just have to say this: Your analogies are crap. Yes, I agree that the sales does not necessarily indicate quality. But a car is a car. Bread is bread. The Wii is not a PS3. I feel that you miss a key element when you solely look at prices.

Im not suprised, if i said the sky was blue you would say that im full of crap also. When people argue that the wii must be better because of how many units it has sold, i simply can respond by saying the more units does not ALWAYS equal the better system. Thats a fact and its undenable.

The car is a car, bread is bread, and the wii and PS3 are both console systems that play games. You dissagree?

If you look at them side by side, you can see they both play games, they both have GPUs, CPUs, Motherboards, Fans, Wireless connectivity, ROMs and RAM.
Now which has the better? GPU, the PS3. CPU, PS3, Motherboard linked with the CPU, PS3, Fans dont matter, Wirelessconnectivity is about equal, and ROMs well PS3 with blueray.
Now where do they differ, The Wii is cheaper and more accessable. It uses its controller as a selling point, and I dont disagree the controller is the best part about it. The Wii's OS is fairly basic and keeps it simple. Nintendo says that gameplay is more imporant that any other addon or feature.
Now the PS3, more expensive with better hardware, generic controller with sensory device inside, and an OS thats much more complicated and open.
The differences between the wii and ps3 can be simply put, that they offer the same form of entertainment only one is more user friendly than the other.
A automatic shift honda is more driver friendly than the stick shift mercedes, the presliced white generic brand bread is more consumer friendly (easy to eat) than unsliced baked bread. They are all one in the same. A chair is a chair, a cup is a cup, and a gaming console is a gaming console.

Im sorry you refuse to see the logic in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back