Ps3 temperature

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
I noticed my Ps3 is pretty hot (not like ow ow hot but noticable.) Is this normal and ok for it? I know its almost a pc so its understandable to get this warm. just wondering.

It gets hot behind the console mainly.

Yeah, mine did too. As long as you dont have it on all the time, it shouldnt overheat.

paintba||er said:
Its normal. If you think they get hot then try using a 360. My 360 raises the temperature in my room 10°.
Tell me about it. My lil bros 360 is on untill he gets home from football practice. Its like a furnace...

It's normal. Laptops get hot like that too. It's not the whole machine that gets hot though and there is plenty of air ports and I can always hear that fan working, so I'm not worried. I don't think you should be too worried about it and baby the machine unnecessarily. I'm sure it is more than capable of being on for long periods of time.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah, mine did too. As long as you dont have it on all the time, it shouldnt overheat.

What a moron. Im guessing you dont own one, so whats the point of replying to threads that ask questions about it? People leave theirs on 24/7 for folding and they do not overheat. This is not a 360, sony actually designed them very well.

Buy a Nyko Intercooler. Snaps on the back and on the side and has a variable fan speed.

billm00666 said:
What a moron. Im guessing you dont own one, so whats the point of replying to threads that ask questions about it? People leave theirs on 24/7 for folding and they do not overheat. This is not a 360, sony actually designed them very well.

What's folding?

I realize they are meant for vehicles, I have one on my car.

But my PS3 has got no where near as hot as my friend's system, and I've never had it noticeably overheat.

billm00666 said:
This is not a 360, sony actually designed them very well.

=/ Odd... my 360 isn't hot at all... maybe you're thinking about your electric toaster?

In reply: "What a moron. I'm guessing you don't own one, so what's the point of replying to threads that ask questions about it?"

Since you said it so wonderfully yourself (grammatical errors changed) ^^

Yea. it is fine now that i think of it. :) thx guys. I got it on top of a table with lots of fresh air so its good.

Yeah, leave your gaming console on all day, that sounds intelligent. BTW, how long is the warranty on Playstation?

1 year but you gotta pay Shipping + Handeling. No Biggie for North America tho since theres PS Canada and PS USA.

Back