Ps3 temperature

Jorge said:
I realize they are meant for vehicles, I have one on my car.

But my PS3 has got no where near as hot as my friend's system, and I've never had it noticeably overheat.

congrats, do you want a cookie? Stop recommending them, its a piece of crap.

=/ Odd... my 360 isn't hot at all... maybe you're thinking about your electric toaster?

In reply: "What a moron. I'm guessing you don't own one, so what's the point of replying to threads that ask questions about it?"

Since you said it so wonderfully yourself (grammatical errors changed) ^^

I said it because the 360 is a piece of ****. 1 billion in repairs? Give me a break. Please try and argue with me about that :lol: Thanks for fixing my grammatical errors. Its funny that you have nothing to argue about, so you pick out meaningless crap. Were you able to read and understand my sentences? YES, so get a life :ciappa:

Yeah, leave your gaming console on all day, that sounds intelligent. BTW, how long is the warranty on Playstation?

Thats the mindset you have, because your used to either a microsoft or nintendo product.

billm00666 said:
I said it because the 360 is a piece of ****. 1 billion in repairs? Give me a break. Please try and argue with me about that :lol: Thanks for fixing my grammatical errors. Its funny that you have nothing to argue about, so you pick out meaningless crap. Were you able to read and understand my sentences? YES, so get a life :ciappa:

... what is 1 billion dollars in repairs to Microsoft?

If sony had the same problem then you wouldn't get the same service that you do with MS i.e. free repairs, 3 years warranty on faulty items, even free postage.

Fact being, that MS are correcting their mistake... Sony wont even send my brother a fix for his faulty TV (it wont turn on any more =S) - only got it 2 months ago.

I've also had a broken XP disc and MS sent me a new one for free... just had to pay £2 for postage.

PS3 w/o Intercooler - Gets hot
PS3 w/ Intercooler - Doesn't get hot

And it's a piece of crap?

billm00666 said:
Thats the mindset you have, because your used to either a microsoft or nintendo product.

You obviously have never bought Nintendo products.. they are pretty indistructable bud. lol

Jorge said:

It would cool them down, but it wouldnt really matter either way.

-- Funny story tho, i had a waterbottle behind my ps3. And the back exaust fans were on it for like 5 hours. I moved the waterbottle and it was literally hot water now. hehe

Last edited:
When I first played a PS3 it got so hot that it distorted the image on the screen. Spending $17 so that doesn't happen was a worth while purchase IMO.

re

the_flood502 said:
... what is 1 billion dollars in repairs to Microsoft?

If sony had the same problem then you wouldn't get the same service that you do with MS i.e. free repairs, 3 years warranty on faulty items, even free postage.

Fact being, that MS are correcting their mistake... Sony wont even send my brother a fix for his faulty TV (it wont turn on any more =S) - only got it 2 months ago.

I've also had a broken XP disc and MS sent me a new one for free... just had to pay £2 for postage.

I dont care how much ms has in its bank account. What im referring to is for its customers. Who the hell wants to buy a 360, since you're going to have to send it back in a few months? Microsoft has already lost this console war.

Nobody gives a rats ass about your brothers tv. Ive owned a couple sony tvs in my life and they have all been great. I would own a sony dlp if I didnt get such a great deal on my samsung.

Lets make this clear. The people who designed the intercooler know alot more about the ps3, than the developers at sony, right???? Give me a break. My laptop is getting pretty warm right now, should I buy one for that too? Its meant to blow out hot air. Its doing its job. By adding crap to a well designed system is only asking for trouble. If you dont believe me, ask the 360 guys how well the intercooler works their 360's. Hey I have an idea. Lets buy a fan for my ps3 that runs off the ps3's power supply. Its not like its using all of its power :tard:

You obviously have never bought Nintendo products.. they are pretty indistructable bud. lol

Yeah real indestructible is right. That reminds me of the days of blowing into nintendo cartridges trying to get the system to work. Or the other time when my game cube died. Or how about the many times my wii dropped connection during a game to the remotes? Or even when im flipping through the outputs on my tv, and "component connection 1" shows a bunch of colors, when the wii isnt even on? Also reminds me when my 2nd gamecube died :scared: . You are right though, I never bought/owned a nintendo product :wtf: I can say the n64 never had a problem, but thats about it. Next time before you open your mouth, think about not blowing out a bunch of nonsense.

Last edited:
billm00666 said:
I don't care how much ms has in its bank account. What im referring to is for its customers. Who the hell wants to buy a 360, since you're going to have to send it back in a few months? Microsoft has already lost this console war.

How subjective of you. Why call it a war? it's a competition - nobody dies and nobody is fighting for any reason other that who is the best for it's consumer. - meanin' it's pointless... like the Iraq war ^^

You can't say every 360 is going to develop the red lights: (2 in our house over a year old. no problems) - Know even more people who have had theirs longer and not had to send it back. - dumbass

I care about my brothers TV after paying £1000 for it and then it breaking for no reason and sony not sending a replacement or fixin' it... it's friggin' disgraceful.

Normally for expensive things you would get a warranty. Besides, a lot of companies wont send replacements if the product breaks after the warranty it comes with, usually 90 days.

Its not disgraceful, its just business. Almost every company would be "disgraceful" if that were the case. Next time, get a warranty.

GamerCon said:
Normally for expensive things you would get a warranty. Besides, a lot of companies wont send replacements if the product breaks after the warranty it comes with, usually 90 days.

Its not disgraceful, its just business. Almost every company would be "disgraceful" if that were the case. Next time, get a warranty.

=| it has a years warranty dumbass... all electrical products come with 1 year as standard in the UK

Thats cool, I dont live in the UK.

Go out and get a Samsung TV, wait for the warranty to expire and see if they will replace it. They wont? How disgraceful.

You see how that makes no sense to complain about. - dumbass

I believe in the UK region Sony has the Continuous Play thing. 4 something a month and you can break the PS3, PS2 and PSP yourself and get a new one. Its not free like MS but MS owes people that for shipping a prototype anyways.

GamerCon said:
Thats cool, I dont live in the UK.

Go out and get a Samsung TV, wait for the warranty to expire and see if they will replace it. They wont? How disgraceful.

You see how that makes no sense to complain about. - dumbass

I believe in the UK region Sony has the Continuous Play thing. 4 something a month and you can break the PS3, PS2 and PSP yourself and get a new one. Its not free like MS but MS owes people that for shipping a prototype anyways.

You obviously cannot understand.... (mainly because you are so far up Sonys rectum that you cannot hear/read what i am saying/typing)

The television is in warranty.

It has broken due to a manufacturing failure.

Sony will not replace it.

We sent it to a TV repair shop paid £50 for a repair and it works wonderful again.

Samsung TVs are better looking and better quality any ways... don't break for no reason.

(NB - It's un-ethical to sell millions of prototypes + that'd mean that the PS3 is being beaten by a prototype - lol)

Last edited:
billm00666 said:
What a moron. Im guessing you dont own one, so whats the point of replying to threads that ask questions about it? People leave theirs on 24/7 for folding and they do not overheat. This is not a 360, sony actually designed them very well.
LMFAO. Just by that one, single, solitary post, I realized who you were. When I did, I lol'd very, very hard. Welcome back to hell. :]

Back